A brand new nhluniforms.com

timmy b

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent update. I hope you'll be doing something similar with whauniforms.com.

Regarding the Philadelphia Quakers - your site shows the sweater as orange and black, while the HHOF has a surviving sweater that shows the colours as white and blue:

2324460447_bd290b9687_o.jpg

Clearly you've done a lot of research and may already be familiar with this. Is there a colour photo that shows the Quakers as orange and black?

You have given me a reason to go get an iPhone or Blackberry. Thank you!!

BTW, the Quakers has always looked like a yellow/orange to me. I can tell you more tomorrow night.

PS - where did the proposed Nordiques jersey go?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

BTW, the Quakers has always looked like a yellow/orange to me. I can tell you more tomorrow night.

There were a few proposed jerseys. The black '81 north stars and I think the bad Blues 3rd.

But otherwise an improvement. I like the ability to search by team.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

There were a few proposed jerseys. The black '81 north stars and I think the bad Blues 3rd.

If I included every proposed jersey, I would have been at it forever. So I decided to limit the site to only the jerseys that were actually worn, and not those that were going to be worn but weren't.

I like the ability to look at the jerseys either by year or by team. I do miss the decade feel that you use to have. It feels like a sci-fi movie. It had that cold feeling that you get watching a sci-fi movie. I'm wondering if late one night while I'm making out with the special someone, that one of the jerseys might not come out and attack me! You've done a marvelous job though.

I do miss the decade feel that you use to have. It feels like a sci-fi movie. It had that cold feeling that you get watching a sci-fi movie. I'm wondering if late one night while I'm making out with the special someone, that one of the jerseys might not come out and attack me!

The hell?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The show by team option is great.

One small nit: in Firefox, the team logos and year images in the side columns sit immediately underneath each other rather than having a small space in between to break them up. It looks much nicer in IE with that spacing there.

Great job with the site. I also miss the "decade" feel, but this is still a great way to do it.

Comment re: Flyers -

I am nearly certain that the old database showed that there was a Flyers jersey in the early 80s (I believe the first year that they added the black outline to the sleeves) where the sleeves angled up to the neck (like the current jersey) as opposed to connecting across the back. I remember this because I was looking for some historical connection between their new Edge jerseys and a past jersey. I cannot find any visual evidence of this on the internets, but again, I really think that the old nhluniforms.com site showed this. Could you look at that?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Excellent update. I hope you'll be doing something similar with whauniforms.com.

Regarding the Philadelphia Quakers - your site shows the sweater as orange and black, while the HHOF has a surviving sweater that shows the colours as white and blue:

2324460447_bd290b9687_o.jpg

Clearly you've done a lot of research and may already be familiar with this. Is there a colour photo that shows the Quakers as orange and black?

I'm inclined to say the colors on that jersey are indeed orange and black. Attribute it to two factors: the lighting in that photo and the possibility of the colors on that jersey fading over the course of some eight decades.

If I included every proposed jersey, I would have been at it forever. So I decided to limit the site to only the jerseys that were actually worn, and not those that were going to be worn but weren't.

Eh, I guess you have a point. At some point I would love to see those return!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Hi Andrew,

I am really impressed with the site's makeover. The only things I miss are the old looks of the Stanley Cup. I really liked seeing how the Cup evolved over time.

I spotted one issue with trivia, on the Atlanta Flames history page. General Sherman is listed as having Atlanta burned in 1964 rather than 1864.

Again, you've done a really great job!

Archived