Tuukka Rask goes coocoo for coco puffs.

TFoA

And managed to avoid suspension!

He had every right to be pissed; both of those goals were questionable, especially the first one which shouldn't have been a goal at all.

However, tossing a stick AND a milk crate? Dude, calm down!

I was OK with everything he did while he was in the crease, however the proceeding outburst against the boards was just silly.

Nothing big of this it's not like Tuukka Rask is some run of the mill player that will be in the AHL for the rest of his career he's the Future for the Bruins, only thing he shouldn't have done was thrown his stick across the ice like he did but when your that pissed you don't think.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

He's an out of control thug who should be locked up.

Oh wait - this isn't the NBA thread...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I appreciate it. It tells me how focused he is in the game and his level of intensity. The first goal was just a terrible play, but the second I would need to see a replay. Did they even go upstairs on the second one?

Rask is going to be great for the Bruins in a couple years. I'd love to have this guy in a Leafs uniform... Oh wait, who needed Rask when we had Andrew Raycroft!

Wade-sig.png

I appreciate it. It tells me how focused he is in the game and his level of intensity. The first goal was just a terrible play, but the second I would need to see a replay. Did they even go upstairs on the second one?

Rask is going to be great for the Bruins in a couple years. I'd love to have this guy in a Leafs uniform... Oh wait, who needed Rask when we had Andrew Raycroft!

But he won the Calder!!!!!!

First shot: The player lost control of the puck and did not maintain continuous flow. End of the shot was when he lost control of the puck.

Second shot: Hard to call from that video, but they definitely should have gone upstairs on that one.

It's good to see a goalie with such passion for the game, but the tantrum was a bit much. He has every right to be upset over the calls, because I think he was in the right on both cases. Like Speedy said, everything he did in the crease was fine, but the stuff on the boards and off the ice was excessive. Glad to see the league didn't suspend him. I think the AHL needs more intensity like Tuuka!

Second shot: Hard to call from that video, but they definitely should have gone upstairs on that one.

There is no "upstairs" in the AHL. What the ref calls is what it is.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Hey, you're stealing my shtick! :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

If the CHL can have instant replay, why can't the AHL?

They say it's cost. They want the NHL-type system, or nothing at all, so they go with nothing.

sB9ijEj.png

If the CHL can have instant replay, why can't the AHL?

They say it's cost. They want the NHL-type system, or nothing at all, so they go with nothing.

Well that's just plain stupid...

Intensity my ass. Hitting the posts with the stick is fine, but the rest is just being whiny.

If a non-hockey player did this, you'd all want him suspended.

Really? Baseball players pull this all the time and there never is even a thread made about it, so it really isn't a double standard.

Although I agree with the "Oh wait this isn't an NBA thread" post, because that is always what happens when an NBA player gets in trouble.

Hey, you're stealing my shtick! :P

Figured you were still celebrating your birthday, so I'm just covering for you.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Any chance he's trying to get the team exposure? Just like the Minor League managers who threw tantrums.

I don't think so. Seeing the calls that were made, i think he just lost his mind for a while.

sB9ijEj.png

Archived