Buffalo Bills Concept

LEWJ

Well I don't know how many people have tried something like this, but I really like the idea of having the "motion stripe" on the pants. I think it might give you the feeling the player is faster. I tried to tie together all the parts of the uniform as well as I could, which is why the helmet is back to white, a red one would look awfully weird, IMO. I've always liked the white helmets better any way. I tried my best to make this as traditional, yet modern as I could. So lemme know how you feel about it. I'll make some changes before working on the road, if needed.

V.1

V.2

billshome3.png

C&C Please

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

This is really good. Its clean and simple. I think you should try making the helmet stripe pointy in the back (like the Panthers' helmet) to just make things look more modernized.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Here me out here...

Since you're integrating the motion stripe into everything, you should be careful to stay true to how it appears in the logo and be consistent in how you implement it.

In the logo, it's a red stripe outlined only by white. You could stretch it to say that it's a red stripe, with a white outline, and a blue outline on three sides (and only 3/4 of the two long sides.)

The point I'm trying to make is that on the pants, you should either ditch the blue outline all together, or at least ditch the top "cap" of it so that the red protrudes out of it like it does the buffalo in the logo. Same with the sleeves of the white jersey (when you get to making it.)

Same with the helmet - you could have the center red stripe stop about 3/4 of the way back (and get a little wider), and have a blue stripe that stops a little bit before that. It'd look normal from the front, but appear as the motion stripe from the top and back.

You know I'm right. I know you know it. Don't fight it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here me out here...

Since you're integrating the motion stripe into everything, you should be careful to stay true to how it appears in the logo and be consistent in how you implement it.

In the logo, it's a red stripe outlined only by white. You could stretch it to say that it's a red stripe, with a white outline, and a blue outline on three sides (and only 3/4 of the two long sides.)

The point I'm trying to make is that on the pants, you should either ditch the blue outline all together, or at least ditch the top "cap" of it so that the red protrudes out of it like it does the buffalo in the logo. Same with the sleeves of the white jersey (when you get to making it.)

Same with the helmet - you could have the center red stripe stop about 3/4 of the way back (and get a little wider), and have a blue stripe that stops a little bit before that. It'd look normal from the front, but appear as the motion stripe from the top and back.

I know what you mean, definitely.

It makes sense, 100% but I don't know how I can mak it so that the red part protrudes out without looking totally incomplete.

What if I just added a blue outline around the rest of the motion stripe on the buffalo?

Here me out here...

I know what you mean, definitely.

It makes sense, 100% but I don't know how I can mak it so that the red part protrudes out without looking totally incomplete.

What if I just added a blue outline around the rest of the motion stripe on the buffalo?

I think the buffalo logo looks good as-is. The other thing you could try is just going with red on the pants, and forgoing blue all together. Technically it'd still be consistent with the motion stripe on the helmet.

The other thing you could do is this - since the red stripes angle out at the ends, you could make the blue angle out on the other end. That way each blue side would come to a point somewhere near the top of the red (but not level with the top) and the overall shape of the stripe would be a traditional straight line. I don't have time to mock something up right now but hopefully you know what I mean.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The other thing you could try is just going with red on the pants, and forgoing blue all together. Technically it'd still be consistent with the motion stripe on the helmet.

The other thing you could do is this - since the red stripes angle out at the ends, you could make the blue angle out on the other end. That way each blue side would come to a point somewhere near the top of the red (but not level with the top) and the overall shape of the stripe would be a traditional straight line. I don't have time to mock something up right now but hopefully you know what I mean.

Agree completely with the first comment.

The second idea could also work, but it would have to be very carefully executed.

Also, have you considered reversing the pants stripe so that it is wider at the bottom of the pants and tapers thinner as it comes up to the logo? To me, it looks unnatural and awkward to have the thick part at the top--almost like it might fall over.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Actually, the logo on the pants might be a little redundant considering that would put two motion lines right next to each other but going in different directions. Also, the exact same logo is on the helmet so it's probably not needed. Maybe some kind of alt logo would be OK.

White Bills helmet = I like it right off the bat.

The striping inspired by the logo is just a smart idea.

It's neat, it's clean, and I wish it was the Bills current uniform!

Awesome work!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Alright thanks for the comments guys.

I may try going two different routes.

But an update will come soon!

Alright thanks for the comments guys.

I may try going two different routes.

But an update will come soon!

There is only one route, and you know damn well what it is. Make it happen - I believe in you.

Alright hopefully this is something like what BringBackTheVet was going for.

I flipped the pants stripe, tapered the helmet stripe, hoping to make it match a bit more, while staying symmetrical (I tried the panthers idea, but it ended up being way to bulky, and interfering with the logo.)

I also added tapering blue stripes next to the red pant stripe, I hope that looks ok, and flows ok with the rest of the set.

Let me know what you think of this update, I may make another update if anymore good ideas come up.

Thanks again for the comments, keep 'em coming.

V.1

V.2

C&C

Very good.

A couple of things:

1. The red in the helmet stripe should be flat on the bottom, not have the notch.

2. You'd have to put this on an action template to confirm this, but when a player is in their 3-point stance, the motion line on the pants would appear backwards. I really think you had it right the first time - have it come up from the bottom. It'd look a little strange at first, but this is the Bills we're talking about - it won't be any stranger than the crap they have now. I think it's worth a shot anyway.

3. If you're going with UCLA style sleeve stripes, have the white go all the way around and be flat on the bottom, then keep the red like you have it so it replicates the angle of the motion line. If you're intending to do USC stripes... well then I'm not sure.

id make the stripe on the helmet go all the way down. but i like how it gets wider as it goes back, so keep that. im not big on the stripes on the jersey though. the same people who complain about the Colts/Jets stripes will not like this either. i would try doing something different there

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Actually, I'm sure about the pants. Just picture looking at an offensive line from the side - you'd have all motion stripes on the uniform pointing the same direction if you flipped what you did.

Archived