Chicago Bulls go green.

TFoA

Ho, ho, ho!

I like the current look of the Bucks. I like the old look of the Devils. Hell, just look at my avatar. With all that said, this is not how you do the green & red combo.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ho, ho, ho!

I like the current look of the Bucks. I like the old look of the Devils. Hell, just look at my avatar. With all that said, this is not how you do the green & red combo.

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw those next year at Christmas. Maybe against Portland?

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Wow I didn't really notice it when watching on TV. Thought it was just the black alts. Or maybe I just need a new TV...

Same here. It really took me a few looks and a close-up to really notice that it was actually green.

Ho, ho, ho!

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw those next year at Christmas. Maybe against Portland?

Let's confuse people more. Bucks/Bulls. Milwaukee in Red, Chicago in these.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Terrible. I didn't click in at first because I didn't want to see the lame, fake reason they trotted out the St. Pat's jerseys again. (Real reason: Sell more jerseys, as evidenced by the "recycle" comment above. Well put. Same goes for the Michael Scott line.)

However, the fact that the Bulls now have not one, but TWO green alts? I thought the NBA alts were out of hand before, with Cleveland the poster child, but this just about puts me over the edge.

I don't get it anymore. They look ridiculous.

This soft science hippie initiative crap bothers me.

'Soft science' :rolleyes:

What bothers me is that as tajmcall points out, the whole thing misses the point. In many ways!

1 The whole hypocrisy of some teams creating a whole uniform for 1 maybe 2-3 games if they wear it all week.

2 I am a fairly regular visitor to the NBA website, and there has been no follow up there as to how to be greener.

3 The NBA hasn't pushed any of its own actions (for instance making arenas greener or a commitment to making the NBA as carbon neutral as possible)

In short, to my eyes, this has come across as a naff gimmick rather than a commitment to making the NBA as sustainable as possible.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

This soft science hippie initiative crap bothers me.

'Soft science' :rolleyes:

What bothers me is that as tajmcall points out, the whole thing misses the point. In many ways!

1 The whole hypocrisy of some teams creating a whole uniform for 1 maybe 2-3 games if they wear it all week.

2 I am a fairly regular visitor to the NBA website, and there has been no follow up there as to how to be greener.

3 The NBA hasn't pushed any of its own actions (for instance making arenas greener or a commitment to making the NBA as carbon neutral as possible)

In short, to my eyes, this has come across as a naff gimmick rather than a commitment to making the NBA as sustainable as possible.

I completely agree, they have a good message but they aren't living up to that message at all. We had a "Green Hornet Day" at my school to have everyone wear green while not acknowledging that it was St. Patrick's Day. And what did the school do to promote being green? Print out a bunch of unnecessary paper to hang on the ceiling promoting recycling.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived