Wizards retiring gold alt?

cappital92

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a question for everyone:

Why is it that in baseball, football, and hockey, we're totally accepting of jerseys that don't match the pants, but it looks so weird in basketball? Is it just because we're used to it in those other sports? Or is there a deeper reason?

I'm not against basketball shorts being a different color than jerseys, I just think these Wizards uniforms look awful.

Why is it that in baseball, football, and hockey, we're totally accepting of jerseys that don't match the pants, but it looks so weird in basketball? Is it just because we're used to it in those other sports? Or is there a deeper reason?

I would think that it has to do with the socks perhaps? They tend to have the sock color match the jersey, and it probably makes everything look more complete; whereas in Basketball you don't really have that. Add that to the fact that the jersey is a lighter color from the shorts... I personally think it probably would've looked better the other way around.

That's right. Excuse me for living in Texas where Jewish names aren't common. Excuse me for living in Texas PERIOD, apparently.

Kinky Friedman!

EDIT: beaten to the punch.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I liked them. They blew the primary set away (which I admit, isn't hard to do).

Oh well. They won't look right until they're the Bullets again anyway.

No Jews in Texas?
They don't take to kindly to our type around those parts.

I kid, I kid :P

The only things I can come up with is maybe that the tall players and baggy shorts just make it look very silly, and the speed of the game makes a single color vs white look easier to follow, though I think it might just been convention.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

How about retiring the ridiculous "Wizards" name and going back to the BULLETS!

I would vote for Wizards to be the worst nickname in all of North American major league sports. (Even ahead of Ducks as a name for an Ice Hockey team. Seriously, have you ever watched ducks try and cope on ice? Poor things can barely stand up!) But Wizards is doubly bad- its just bad and its alliterative, which is always bad as well.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• 2 weeks later...
How about retiring the ridiculous "Wizards" name and going back to the BULLETS!

I would vote for Wizards to be the worst nickname in all of North American major league sports. (Even ahead of Ducks as a name for an Ice Hockey team. Seriously, have you ever watched ducks try and cope on ice? Poor things can barely stand up!) But Wizards is doubly bad- its just bad and its alliterative, which is always bad as well.

They thought the Bullets was a bad name was giving bad PR because of the violence, the Wizards name was even worse because it caused controversey that the wizard is a rank in a certain kind of group.

BRING BACK THE RED WHITE AND BLUE, THE CAPITALS DID IT, SO CAN THE BULLETS , I MEAN WIZARDS, BRING BACK THE BULLETS

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived