Wizards retiring gold alt?

cappital92

I just got this message from their facebook page:

The Washington Wizards will retire their alternate gold uniforms following their home finale on Monday, April 13 vs. Toronto. To commemorate the final game of the gold uniforms, the Wizards will be offering 30% off all gold jerseys at Fan Gear. Additionally, any fan who has ?Gold? as part of their last name is eligible for a free ticket in the Volkswagen Penthaus for Monday?s game. Eligible fans (with valid identification) can pick up their free ticket on the day of the game at the Verizon Center box office.

Make of it what you will.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me among the few that liked these unis. The stripes across the shoulder and back did a good job of hearkening back to the classic Bullets jerseys of the late 70s, and included a nice nod to the three stripes on the official Washington DC flag.

They were a little shiny for my taste, but I certainly found them more interesting than their blue road unis. Frankly, I might've liked them more if they were all gold, rather than two-toned. All-black would've been nice as well, but a little predictable.

So, does that mean that we can expect a new alt next year? I know that league darlings like the Cavs and the Cs get to wear five or six different unis over the course of a season, but I'd be shocked if the Wizards were allowed to debut another alternate so quickly.

Thank god. Those unis were neat at first, but quickly overstayed their welcome.

That's an interesting promotion... anyone with the last name "Gold" gets free tickets. Can't say there's a lot of people who have the word gold in their last name.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Wizards change their colors to red, blue, and white honestly. That seems to be the "thing" nowadays.

That's an interesting promotion... anyone with the last name "Gold" gets free tickets. Can't say there's a lot of people who have the word gold in their last name.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Wizards change their colors to red, blue, and white honestly. That seems to be the "thing" nowadays.

You really need to get out of Texas more.

Goldberg, Goldstein, Golden, Goldman, etc. are relatively common names in metropolitan areas.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That's an interesting promotion... anyone with the last name "Gold" gets free tickets.

Goldberg, Goldstein, Golden, Goldman, etc. are relatively common names in metropolitan areas.

Funny thing about that....those are all JEWISH last names

also not quoted in the post above

"I like anything that's not turquoise or blue or whatever color that is," Gilbert Arenas told Ivan Carter around the same time. "I want to go back to the red, white and blue colors. We're Washington, D.C. The flag. America's colors. That's what we should be."

a vote for red white and blue, they just want to be like the Caps, how cute.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

That's an interesting promotion... anyone with the last name "Gold" gets free tickets.

That's right. Excuse me for living in Texas where Jewish names aren't common. Excuse me for living in Texas PERIOD, apparently.

Also, since it seems Wizards might want to go to red, white, and blue, might as well make the Redskins those colors too, right? They represent D.C. after all. I mean the American flag IS red, white, and blue.

That's right. Excuse me for living in Texas where Jewish names aren't common. Excuse me for living in Texas PERIOD, apparently.

Also, since it seems Wizards might want to go to red, white, and blue, might as well make the Redskins those colors too, right? They represent D.C. after all. I mean the American flag IS red, white, and blue.

EDIT: Who the hell edited the post that I quoted? Tohasbo? If so, why would you do that - it totally removes the context for my reply. That's stupid.

I don't have a problem with Texas, and I don't care that you choose to live there. You made a comment that implied that you live in an area that doesn't have any Jewish residents (not that all of those names are Jewish though.) You are in no position to comment on what is a "common" name and what isn't, considering you obviously don't come from a very diverse area.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thank God! Those things were awful. I would vote for a return to the red, white, and blue as well...personally, I wouldn't mind seeing them go back to the "Bullets" persona altogether, but I know how that is.

"Well, they made that change uptown and The Big Man joined the band."

--Bruce Springsteen

"10th Avenue Freeze-Out"

Thank God! Those things were awful. I would vote for a return to the red, white, and blue as well...personally, I wouldn't mind seeing them go back to the "Bullets" persona altogether, but I know how that is.

Yup...Hopefully somebody with a big bankroll can buy the team and have them be the Bullets again!

bYhYmxh.png

You forgot 'Gold, Ari'. ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Here's a question for everyone:

Why is it that in baseball, football, and hockey, we're totally accepting of jerseys that don't match the pants, but it looks so weird in basketball? Is it just because we're used to it in those other sports? Or is there a deeper reason?

Why is it that in baseball, football, and hockey, we're totally accepting of jerseys that don't match the pants, but it looks so weird in basketball? Is it just because we're used to it in those other sports? Or is there a deeper reason?

I suspect a lot of it simply has to do with us not being used to it. Soccer uniforms are relatively similar to basketball (basketball uniforms don't have sleeves and no uniform socks) and we see plenty of soccer teams with jerseys and shorts being separate colors yet it doesn't seem weird.

Most people here hate basketball and look for any reason to bash it. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived