MLB Concepts, Take II

slapshot

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pet peeve spotted in that you didn't use the O's new Baltimore script, and I have yet to see a concept that does. This creates a lack of consistency.
notes (I don't have the new Baltimore script)

Thanks for reading :P

Not exactly hard to find...

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

What's up with the piping-over-pinstripes on the Yanquis and Mets home uniforms? That little bit of clutter is bugging the hell out of me, but otherwise, you've got a good series going here.

Do you mean the light-gray colored lines? Those are just seams. They're on every jersey. Just included them to make them lok a bit more realistic.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

What's up with the piping-over-pinstripes on the Yanquis and Mets home uniforms? That little bit of clutter is bugging the hell out of me, but otherwise, you've got a good series going here.

Do you mean the light-gray colored lines? Those are just seams. They're on every jersey. Just included them to make them lok a bit more realistic.

I know the gray lines are seams. I'm talking about this:

Added stripes to sleeve cuffs on home and road for consistency

You did it for both the Yankees and Mets, and I really don't see how it helps either.

The Mets concept also has piping on the back of the neck of the home uniform.

oops on the Mets home.

I just like the stripe at the end of the sleeve...I feel it defines the edge better. Not necessarily a deal-breaker either way to keep it in or not.

This is maybe the best series I've seen on here. I like all of these a lot, and that rays concept is my favorite. I never thought of those colors together and they look great.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

mewyorkmetsunis.gif

updated the Mets concept...

fixed the extra piping on the home collar

made road cap all blue

I like what you did with the road BP especially. I was just wondering why you decided to use the black version of the Mets logo patch rather than the blue version they use now for the home pinstripe and white alt jerseys. It seems like the blue version makes much more sense for this set since the use of black has been reduced to only the drop shadow. I'm enjoying this series, keep up the good work!

mets.png

I like the black version of the logo much more than the two-color version. I think it's because the black serves as a good background for the skyline, making the script stand out more.

philaphilliesunis.gif

notes:

created Philadelphia road script

used modified Sunday alternate with white as home jersey

added blue outlines to scripts and numbers

emphasized Liberty Bell logo in BP uniforms

added red alternate

atlantabravesunis.gif

notes

returned vertically-arched names to jerseys

put retro-inspired stripes on stirrups

made script red on blue alternates

added red outline around home cap logo/ made road cap logo red with white outline

introduced 1974-era retro uniform with slightly modified colors

The Braves, Mets and Phillies are perfect in my opinion. There isnt a thing I would change on any of the concepts except making the blue darker in the Braves set. Thats the only change I would make.

Great work on these man, they look sharp. I love the Phillies and Braves alternates.

beLEAF

mewyorkmetsunis.gif

updated the Mets concept...

fixed the extra piping on the home collar

made road cap all blue

Perfect Mets unis. I never really hated the addition of black either. It does make them look a little more bland, but you incorporated it well.

The Phillies and Braves sets are beautiful. I love the new cap with the red 'A' on the Braves uni.

The Phillies set is just what they should be wearing IMO. The road looks great with the city name, and adding just a little blue makes a huge difference.

I love these a lot. Keep them coming!

washingtonnatsunis.gif

I kept the pretzel-W. It's the first thing I think of when I hear "Washington Baseball", even though it doesn't match the rest of the identity. Never bothered me. And I think the different shades of red and blue make it not exactly a Phillies knockoff.

notes:

emphasized red, made script coloring consistent between home and road versions

minimized use of gold, except in sleeve patch (primary logo) and in beveling on alternate

removed bevels from numbers for legibility, except on alternate

added modified DC logo to stirrups

Archived