MLB Concepts, Take II

slapshot

detroittigersunis.gif

Notes

made alternate jersey with alternate logo (not the most original idea, I know)

added stripes to home and road stirrups, paired road stirrups with alternate jersey

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

love the tigers alt, im not old school so i like alt jerseys. the tigers have a very boring uni set and i think the addition of a simple alt like this would be great. the tiger logo should definetly be thier primary too, idn why they went just the old D. i also like the road bp hat

Mets, Jets, Islanders

minnesotatwinsunis.gif

notes

created new "Minnesota" road script, trying to match same font as home version

used numerals similar to wordmark

removed pinstripes from road uniform

Minnesota road script with the floating tail isn't working... and here's why:

The "Twins" script is at a straight angle (if that makes sense. It's flat, but angled up) and the floating tail thing is at that same angle.

The "Minnesota" script is vertically arched (or arced?), so the floating tail is arched. The goal is obviously to mimic the home on the road, but IMO the result is worse than they currently have.

If you're going to keep the stylized / arched Minnesota type, I'd strongly consider dropping the tail.

Sorry for the choppyness of this post... it's been a long day.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As a newcomer to this site, I have to just accept my work as inferior and soak this all in. I really enjoyed all of these...especailly the NL East ones (mainly because I just did an NL East, and would not put one of my concepts against urs anyday).

presentation is great. designs all look great.

I have two problems though. 1) you used the Boston numerals on the Yankees alternate...I found that very contradicting

2) I am not as educated in baseball atire as opposed to football and basketball, but I feel like some of the sock styles are very out there.

besides that, I think this series is amazing! great job!

I love this Twins set. It looks great. I think you may be able to add pinstripes back to the away, though. It would add in more Navy so the uniform would match the hat better. I like the new script a lot, and I think it works even when arched like that. The only problem I can spot is the M. Make it match the cap M logo better and you have a winner. I like the choice to use the Nuggets number font, it works well with the wordmark. Thats all I can think of, good stuff.

I love this Twins set. It looks great. I think you may be able to add pinstripes back to the away, though. It would add in more Navy so the uniform would match the hat better. I like the new script a lot, and I think it works even when arched like that. The only problem I can spot is the M. Make it match the cap M logo better and you have a winner. I like the choice to use the Nuggets number font, it works well with the wordmark. Thats all I can think of, good stuff.

I tried a version with the lowercase M, but it didn't look right. The T in Twins doesn't match the TC logo either.

I have to redraw it...accidentally deleted a non-arched version. I will rework this with an angled script instead of an arched one so it matches the home version.

updated above with slanted wordmark. It does look better than the original arched version, although even this version is also slightly arched before it was skewed.

I also included a larger version of the new wordmark alone.

love the tigers alt, im not old school so i like alt jerseys. the tigers have a very boring uni set and i think the addition of a simple alt like this would be great. the tiger logo should definetly be thier primary too, idn why they went just the old D. i also like the road bp hat

What you call boring, I call classy, Jim, love the mix of old and new

Onto the NL Central...

cincyredunis.gif

notes

returned to standard MLB block font (I think the current font is hard to read, especially with names)

created road script in similar font to REDS lettering

slightly modified logo for alternate jersey

added drop shadow on elements on alt jersey for increased legibility

placed Mr Red on home BP jersey

all in all, aside from the font, not much different from current game uniforms

updated above with slanted wordmark. It does look better than the original arched version, although even this version is also slightly arched before it was skewed.

I also included a larger version of the new wordmark alone.

Not seeing the update, even after refreshing. Are you sure it's up?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's there. Maybe you need to empty your cache.

Odd... emptying cache in firefox didn't work, so I brought it up in ie8.

Pros: New script looks great. Nice work by you.

Cons: The tags in this site get all screwed up in ie8... even in "compatibility" mode.

pittpiratesunis.gif

notes

returned to vest for home and road

brought back Clemente-era stirrups

added black alt

like the Reds, not much was really changed, because I like the clean look that Pittsburgh has (minus the red abominations)

Archived