NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does Crosby become a legend tomorrow or a playoff goat?

-Dan

It takes 1 cup to become a legend?

according to the NHL he already is, and the Cup is waiting for him to win it so it can cement its place as the best trophy in all of sports cause Sidney Crosby has won it.*sarcasm*

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Well, about halfway through the first, so far this has been pretty much everything a Finals Game 7 should be. The Penguins in particular are playing like they know just how fortunate they are to still be in the series. And both goalies have already been tested in a big way, at least once each.

Update: Pens go on the power play! A goal here would be huge.

Update #2: Close, but no red light as the Wings survive the penalty kill.

CCSLC signature.png

Usually it's been the Penguins making a bad play and a turnover in their own end, then giving up a goal on it.

Not so at the start of the second period. Talbot snags a loose puck and gives Pittsburgh a rare lead in Detroit.

4-on-4 coming up.

Update: Uh-oh... Crosby looks pretty badly shaken up, and now the Wings are about to go on the power play.

CCSLC signature.png

Wow...

The Pens are firing on all cylinders right now and Detroit looks absolutely stunned.

And yeah I was about to post that Viper,

I think two candidates for Pittsburgh right now would be Malkin and Talbot. Malkin is their leading scorer and contributed to the Pens wins in the series, but Talbot has been nothing but clutch for Pittsburgh.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

What a shame the league's golden boy's knees won't be able to handle the weight of the Cup.

Yeah, that's about the only saving grace I have, being a Wings fan. I think the Pens have this pretty much wrapped up. Other then the last two minutes of the second period, their defense has been looking very good, and Fleury has been good enough to win it.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Fleury has come up huge in this game. Exactly how the Penguins needed him to.

Now he needs to stay so. The Penguins must hold on to "the worst lead in hockey" at 2-0 for 20 more minutes.

Go Penguins.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived