NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm honestly waiting for maz to come through, say some overly dramatic stuff in 2 sentences or less to get me hype for game 7. IT'S AWN.

if the pens win game 7, then i expect a full blown Pengasm from Maz.

plus i want to see the pens win so they can piss off the internet hockey community or IHC

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I'm honestly waiting for maz to come through, say some overly dramatic stuff in 2 sentences or less to get me hype for game 7. IT'S AWN.

"If you lose this game, you'll carry it with you to your :censored: ing graves!... your :censored: ing graves!" - Herb Brooks

Friday night, lets give 'em hell, boys. One last time. Stanley is waiting for us.

oBIgzrL.png

As much as I hate the Penguins and Crosby, I was sort of hoping for a game 7.

However I am not going to be able to watch on Friday because I am going to be at a concert 5 hours from my house.

saBS.png

Good thing for the NHL that Orlando won tonight. It would have not looked good if the NBA finals finished before the Stanley Cup Finals.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

"If you lose this game, you'll carry it with you to your :censored: ing graves!... your :censored: ing graves!" - Herb Brooks

Friday night, lets give 'em hell, boys. One last time. Stanley is waiting for us.

Home Ice Rules.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

after that assrapery that was Game 5

Brandon, please start a blog, so that I may subscribe to it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Maz,

I'd follow you into war any day! :P

GO PENS!!!

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Stella, is that you?

I saw, I came, I left.

Maz,

I'd follow you into war any day! :P

GO PENS!!!

-Dan

Maz,

I'm followin you into war as well!

6fQjS3M.png

Good thing for the NHL that Orlando won tonight. It would have not looked good if the NBA finals finished before the Stanley Cup Finals.

Why? That used to happen all of the time.

I think it would have looked good on the NHL's part because the teams in the NHL would have been evenly matched while the NBA's wouldn't have been.

6fQjS3M.png

I think it would have looked good on the NHL's part because the teams in the NHL would have been evenly matched while the NBA's wouldn't have been.

Exactly. Anyway, game 7 should be good, but it comes down to who wants it more.

glossysig5.png

Yes...but did it happen in a year when the NBA Finals started on the same night as Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Exactly. Anyway, game 7 should be good, but it comes down to who wants it more.

Home ice is what it's actually going to come down to.

I would be pretty stunned if the defending champs let the Stanley Cup slip away like this.

6uXNWAo.png

Yes...but did it happen in a year when the NBA Finals started on the same night as Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals?

No, but when was the last time Cup games were played on consecutive days? 1955, in case you didn't know. It was an unusual situation in which the league inconvenienced its clubs for television. The last time the NBA did it was 1981. No big deal, if you ask me.

On a seperate note, I've had it with this business of whether the series should be called the "Stanley Cup Finals" or the "Stanley Cup Final." I'm going to reiterate my suggestion that the overall tournament be called the NHL Playoffs and the championship series simply the "Stanley Cup."

WOW! They made Talbot look like a big time guido! (All for the commercial I assume) Good thing they didn't have Malkin talk!

This is a pre-Hossa trade commercial with the Penguins:

-Dan

Edit: I found this one too:

Talbot is now one of my favorite players!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Yeah. Those commercials, his overall personality, and his hard-working play as well as clutch goals (see, game 5 last years finals), have made Talbot a huge fan favorite, and possibly a penguin for life.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived