NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What has just happened with the Penguins and Steelers is proof that god doesn't give a rat's ass about sports. Two titles in the same year to THAT city!? Are you kidding me? At least we have the Pirates.

PvO6ZWJ.png

and yes, LOL @ Hossa.

Smart move, right?

Well, put it this way, it wasn't a dumb move.

It wasn't a dumb move at all. Before the playoffs started nobody was picking the Penguins. If Hossa loses to Boston in the finals then this isn't an issue, he just happened to get bit hilariously hard. At least Bill Guerin got another cup, I've always liked him.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It just occurred to me that this is Pittsburgh's second championship in four months, and both titles were won on NBC. Too bad for the Pirates that NBC doesn't carry MLB any more. :P

nflpittsburghsbchampsss3.png

nhlpittsburghscchamps.png

I think it's more a problem of the Pirates sucking donkey balls than anything related to NBC. :grin:

nav-logo.png

Crazy final seconds. Amazing save by Fleury.

Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Congratulations to former Duck Chris Kunitz on his 2nd Stanley Cup, and congratulations to former Mighty Ducks Dan Bylsma and Petr Sykora on their first Stanley Cups.

Actually, Sykora won one when he was back in Jersey.

Hossa was just asked if he was injured.

His answer, no, just bumps and bruises.

Wow, so what was his excuse?

-Dan

He choked, plain and simple. He came to Detroit with the sole intention of winning a Stanley Cup, and when he got that chance, he disappeared.

After that performance, he can sign somewhere else.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Hossa was just asked if he was injured.

His answer, no, just bumps and bruises.

Wow, so what was his excuse?

-Dan

He choked, plain and simple. He came to Detroit with the sole intention of winning a Stanley Cup, and when he got that chance, he disappeared.

After that performance, he can sign somewhere else.

The guy scored goals in only 3 of the wings 23 playoff games. I am guessing he would have to take a big pay cut to play on a contender or go to the L.A. Kings of the world if he wants a payday.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Goodnight Detroit. Don't forget to turn off the light.

To think, within a month, both the Steelers and the Penguins get to raise championship banners. Amazing.

Marc-Andre Fleury with the quote of the year while being interviewed by CBC's Scott Oake: "Oh :censored:!"

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Well, this better result in me getting a raise, otherwise this is going to be one long summer.

Congrats to the Penguins. Ugh.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I wonder what Marian Hossa is thinking...

Here is your answer...

"I wonder if the Sharks are looking for a scorer to help them win The Cup in 2010"?

-Dan

No No No,

His real answer is if he still has Mario Lemeuix's number in his cell phone.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I wonder what Marian Hossa is thinking...

Here is your answer...

"I wonder if the Sharks are looking for a scorer to help them win The Cup in 2010"?

-Dan

No No No,

His real answer is if he still has Mario Lemeuix's number in his cell phone.

If the Pens get that call I hope Shero simply says that the organization isnt interested and hangs up.

-I think Hossa is done joining teams who just won the title. I'm glad we live in a world where players and owners don't just buy themselves world titles with an overwhelming fortune in their wallets. I'm so glad he lost.

-I hate how Detroit fans cheered when Crosby was limping to the bench after being checked hard into the boards. Yaaaay, Crosby's out. Now are cup chances are better. <_<

-LMAO @ Malkin partially drunk hosing people with a bottle of wine...on the ice next to the dressing room entrance.

First off, congrats to the Penguins, well deserved.

Secondly, atta boy Crosby. Im glad that the best player in the world is on the best team in the NHL.

Thirdly, Hossa....lmao, thats all I have to say.

beLEAF

I'm glad we live in a world where players and owners don't just buy themselves world titles with an overwhelming fortune in their wallets.

I guess the folks at Real Madrid never got that memo...

CCSLC signature.png

I'm glad we live in a world where players and owners don't just buy themselves world titles with an overwhelming fortune in their wallets.

I guess the folks at Real Madrid never got that memo...

Okay, okay. I meant it doesn't always buy you a title. Fixed.

Archived