NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pitt took game 3 at home, and they'll take game 4 as well. A series isn't over until the home team loses.

Not true at all.

How about now? The home team has won all the games and we have quite a series. Many were declaring it over when Detroit went up 2-0, but that was because they had the 1st 2 home games. The home team hasn't lost, and the series is far from over.

glossysig5.png

Pitt took game 3 at home, and they'll take game 4 as well. A series isn't over until the home team loses.

Not true at all.

How about now? The home team has won all the games and we have quite a series. Many were declaring it over when Detroit went up 2-0, but that was because they had the 1st 2 home games. The home team hasn't lost, and the series is far from over.

Because, the series isn't over until one team loses 4 games. In the playoffs, really anything can happen. There is too much uncertainty to call it over after any amount of time, and that includes calling it even after one team is up 2-0. Too much could go either way.

WWE meets the NHL:

-Dan

They started playing an audio clip of Mr. Kennedy after TK's goals late last season, then like halfway through this season when the WWE was in town, it was actually Mr. Kennedy who asked the pens if he could do that.

oBIgzrL.png

Not true at all.

Are you serious? A series can absolutely be over without the home team losing. If Pitts. wins game six, and Detroit wins game seven, that's exactly what will happen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This entire series has caused me to lose respect for Malkin. I swear, I can't keep coming up with excuses for his bursts of unsportsmanlike behaviour. I hope he can mellow out so I can like the kid again, but as long as he keeps throwing temper tantrums and taking STUPID STUPID penalties, I don't think I can support him.

Oh well.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

If it had been close, I wouldn't be worried.

But... that?.... that was a heart breaker...

That tonight wasnt indicative of the Pens team. They just chose one of the worst times possible to come out and play one of the worst games of the season. Now, luckily, they have the two days off going into Game 6 to get their heads screwed back on straight. If tonight didnt get their attention then they just need to forfeit game 6 now and save everyone the formality of it. The Pens are going to be ok.

If it had been close, I wouldn't be worried.

But... that?.... that was a heart breaker...

That tonight wasnt indicative of the Pens team. They just chose one of the worst times possible to come out and play one of the worst games of the season. Now, luckily, they have the two days off going into Game 6 to get their heads screwed back on straight. If tonight didnt get their attention then they just need to forfeit game 6 now and save everyone the formality of it. The Pens are going to be ok.

Come to think of it, in the past few years one of the things the pens have done best is come back strong from a blowout.

Right now, its not even about forcing a game 7. I just want them to win game 6 so I don't have to sit through the Red Wings winning it, again.

oBIgzrL.png

This entire series has caused me to lose respect for Malkin. I swear, I can't keep coming up with excuses for his bursts of unsportsmanlike behaviour. I hope he can mellow out so I can like the kid again, but as long as he keeps throwing temper tantrums and taking STUPID STUPID penalties, I don't think I can support him.

Oh well.

Completely agree here. I never had a problem with Evgeni, but he apparently can't keep his composure when dealing with adversity.

Well that sucked!

Does Pittsburgh have the character to force a Game 7?

Will Crosby show up?

-Dan

Find out on the next episode of "Stanley Cup Finals!"

Cue theme music! Roll credits!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived