2009 NBA Playoffs

TFoA

Orlando's the better team. If they can stop the Lakers by using the same strategy as the 04 Pistons did against the 04 Lakers and the 09 Magic did against the 09 Cavaliers (let Kobe go off for as many points as he wants, but STOP THE OTHER GUYS), the Magic should win this series. Yeah, I know the Lakers have Kobe and Pau, and D-Fish is always good for some huge shots...but Orlando, up and down, is just the better team on paper. I know there's a lot of people doing the convienient thing and ignoring the fact that the Magic beat them both times that they played...but hey, a lot of people ignored the fact that the Magic basically owned the Cavs in the regular season, and they were 2 LeBron moments (game winning shot in game 2 and LeBron basically either scoring or assisting on 31 straight points in game 5) away from sweeping the Cavs.

All I'm saying is, the Lakers better be ready for one hell of a shot from the Magic. This team beat Boston in a game 7 in BOSTON. That's nearly unheard of. They beat a Cavs team that was MUCH better than the one that LeBron carried to the finals a few years ago. They are not going to be scared of Kobe and the Lakers.

As far as the Lakers are concerned, if they score points and get them from everybody on the team consistently, they will be alright. Basically if they play like the did in Game 5 and 6 of the WCF, the Lakers are going to have a better chance of winning the series. When they're running the triangle offense, they are crazy good offensively. If they're running Iso Kobe, the Magic will stomp them because they've already seen and stopped Iso Paul Pierce and Iso LeBron. So basically, them just running The Kobe Show would actually hurt them, unless Kobe decides to spread the wealth like he did in Game 5. Basically, good team basketball will win this series for the Lakers

My prediction is this: If the Magic get a split in LA, they're gonna win the series. Magic in 6.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lakers in 6

(Only because I hate seeing teams win championships on the road :P )

But seriously, I think the Lakers take 1 and 2, the Magic win 3, Lakers 4, Magic 5, Lakers 6.

Let's Go Lake Show!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Pretty classless of LeBron James to skip the handshake couple nights ago. Extremely disrespectful.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Apparently we're waving that one off because nobody can fathom the abject misery of being a Cleveland sports fan, or something.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

While I might root for the Magic in this series, it's not going to happen - the NBA won't let Kobe be denied this year.

Can you stop with that already? Kobe has been denied his last two attempts.

Go chase some black helicopters or UFOs. Or go draft new NCAA regulations or something...but whatever you do, please keep these ridiculous assertions and asinine opinions in your head.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Apparently we're waving that one off because nobody can fathom the abject misery of being a Cleveland sports fan, or something.

No. It was a bush league move. Especially from the "face of the league." LeBron needed to man up and face the music. No class.

BB52Big.jpg

While I might root for the Magic in this series, it's not going to happen - the NBA won't let Kobe be denied this year.

Go chase some black helicopters or UFOs. Or go draft new NCAA regulations or something...but whatever you do, please keep these ridiculous assertions and asinine opinions in your head.

It's been too long since Kobe and the Lakers won. Besides, there's no way the NBA would be able to market the Magic winning the NBA Finals - it'd be like MLB trying to market the Rays as the World Series champions (don't think the Rays were beat only on the field, it was the umpires as well).

LvZYtbZ.png

It's been too long since Kobe and the Lakers won. Besides, there's no way the NBA would be able to market the Magic winning the NBA Finals - it'd be like MLB trying to market the Rays as the World Series champions (don't think the Rays were beat only on the field, it was the umpires as well).

The MLB would have been able to market the Rays winning the World Series last year. Hell, the only reason I watched the World Series last year was because Tampa Bay was in it.

there's no way the NBA would be able to market the Magic winning the NBA Finals

Dwight Howard is a superstar. What does this even mean? You do know the Spurs have won titles, right?

Besides, there's no way the NBA would be able to market the Magic winning the NBA Finals.

Sure they could. The Magic are an exciting team led by one of the NBA's top young superstars. Just because ESPN is lazy as hell when it comes to hyping any team that isn't the Celtics, Lakers or LeBrons doesn't mean it's an impossible task.

Also realize that if the Magic do win the NBA finals, it was obviously rigged by the NBA to prove that the NBA isn't rigged.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Also realize that if the Magic do win the NBA finals, it was obviously rigged by the NBA to prove that the NBA isn't rigged.

LOL, I was actually thinking that. "Evil Stern" was probably like "Well, dammit, VitaminWater and Nike tipped our hands so now we gotta save face. Refs, you know what to do, now do your worst!" :P

No Nuggets. No LeBron. No care.

Good. Go watch hockey.

Word. Just because the Celtics and the Cavs aren't in it doesn't mean it won't be exciting.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I'm looking forward to this one. Anyone else think the Magic are going to catch the Lakers napping? The Lakers are reminding me way too much of those last few Pistons teams that liked to flip the switch.

I'm looking forward to this one. Anyone else think the Magic are going to catch the Lakers napping? The Lakers are reminding me way too much of those last few Pistons teams that liked to flip the switch.

Yes. That's why if the Magic get a split, it may end up being a repeat of 2004. I still don't trust the Lakers after that Houston series that had no business going 7 after Yao got injured.

No Nuggets. No LeBron. No care.

Good. Go watch hockey.

Yeah, I'll go ahead and pass on that too.

If the Cubs were playing worth a damn this summer, I wouldn't have this dilemma! :P

6uXNWAo.png

Archived