2009 NBA Playoffs

TFoA

Well, as an Atlantan I'm pretty excited that Dwight Howard (ESPECIALLY someone from Southwest Atlanta) has gotten himself to the NBA Finals. The man was an absolute BEAST in game 6. Howard is pretty much in the conversation for best player in the NBA now, and the thing is, he can only get better. Once he learns how to actually play in the post, D12 will be the best in the NBA. Period. This is scary as a Hawks fan, but considering that it's Dwight Howard, I really don't mind it unless they're playing the Hawks. The guy is just easy to root for.

As for LeBron, I feel bad for him. He had to carry the team in EVERY game this series. If they don't have LeBron, the Cavs not only get swept, they get absolutely ANNIHILATED. If this incarnation of the Cleveland Cavaliers wants to get past the ECF, advance to the Finals and possibly win a title, they better get LeBron some help in the post. Obviously, Dwight Howard, Shaq, Pau Gasol, Kevin Garnett & Tim Duncan have proven that in today's NBA, you NEED a dominant big man to win championships. That's one thing they need. The other is a bench. If your best options off the bench are Joe Smith, Wally Sczerbiak, and Ben Wallace then you would've won a championship in the late 90s/early 00s. Not now.

As for Cleveland...that city is cursed. Period. I'm really beginning to believe that the only reason the Braves won a championship during their divisional dynasty years was so that a Cleveland team wouldn't win a 'ship. :P

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for Cleveland...that city is cursed. Period. I'm really beginning to believe that the only reason the Braves won a championship during their divisional dynasty years was so that a Cleveland team wouldn't win a 'ship. :P

I went to the mailbox two weeks ago, opened it, and saw LeBron on the cover of Sports Illustrated. I took the magazine out of the mailbox, looked at the cover, and simply said "well that's that." The sad part is that Cleveland sports fans all knew it was never going to happen. After 35+ years of following Cleveland sports I have moved on. If they ever actually win a title then great. If not, oh well. I stopped wasting my time and effort for on these teams for good after The Indians blew a 3-1 ALCS lead in 2007. I did my bit for "the home teams." Slowly but surely the whining fans and absurd local media drove me away. I can handle the losing. I can handle the close calls. What finally killed the deal for me was the desperation and the attitude. People here just take this stuff way too seriously. I haven't had an emotional stake in any of our teams for a while now. To make a long story short, I never got involved in the Cavs playoff run. I just didn't see the point. :D

BB52Big.jpg

So how short will it take for the new D12 puppet to debut?

The NBA Playoffs: Where the catastrophic immolation of a multi-million dollar ad campaign happens.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I went to the mailbox two weeks ago, opened it, and saw LeBron on the cover of Sports Illustrated. I took the magazine out of the mailbox, looked at the cover, and simply said "well that's that." The sad part is that Cleveland sports fans all knew it was never going to happen. After 35+ years of following Cleveland sports I have moved on. If they ever actually win a title then great. If not, oh well. I stopped wasting my time and effort for on these teams for good after The Indians blew a 3-1 ALCS lead in 2007. I did my bit for "the home teams." Slowly but surely the whining fans and absurd local media drove me away. I can handle the losing. I can handle the close calls. What finally killed the deal for me was the desperation and the attitude. People here just take this stuff way too seriously. I haven't had an emotional stake in any of our teams for a while now. To make a long story short, I never got involved in the Cavs playoff run. I just didn't see the point. :D

As a Bengals fan for over 30 years, I can relate. I've just become emotionally disconnected.

So how short will it take for the new D12 puppet to debut?

lebron and kobe are sponsored by nike and the ad campaign is nike.

dwight howard is with adidas.

thought it would be cool to see him in the commercials, i love those commercials

Wow, I figured I see a ton of talk about LeBron blowing off the post-game handshakes and pressers. I guess it really is good to be King, huh? If Kobe had done either, he'd be getting sliced and diced like he was onions and y'all were that Slap Chop thing.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Wow, I figured I see a ton of talk about LeBron blowing off the post-game handshakes and pressers. I guess it really is good to be King, huh? If Kobe had done either, he'd be getting sliced and diced like he was onions and y'all were that Slap Chop thing.

I saw that he left. I figured all of Cleveland left the court. That's pretty classless.

Like TFoA said, as an Atlantan, I'd like to see Dwight Howard win a ring.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

We. Are. Cursed.

People can say all they want about how the Cavs were one shot away from being swept. But you have to realize that the Magic are two shots away from being down 3-1 heading into Game 5. Normal Cleveland for ya. Ya know, I'll say this as a Cleveland fan that LeBron James should leave because it is impossible for a Cleveland team to win a championship. After the last few times here (Cavs in '07, Indians in '07, Browns just missing the playoffs in '07, Cavs in '09) I'm convinced that I might never see a Cleveland championship in my lifetime.

So with all that said, yes the Blue Jackets will be the next Ohio team to win a championship. Or the Reds.

Stop talking bull :censored:. Curses don't exist. If I learned one thing from 2004, it is that.

We. Are. Cursed.

People can say all they want about how the Cavs were one shot away from being swept. But you have to realize that the Magic are two shots away from being down 3-1 heading into Game 5. Normal Cleveland for ya. Ya know, I'll say this as a Cleveland fan that LeBron James should leave because it is impossible for a Cleveland team to win a championship. After the last few times here (Cavs in '07, Indians in '07, Browns just missing the playoffs in '07, Cavs in '09) I'm convinced that I might never see a Cleveland championship in my lifetime.

So with all that said, yes the Blue Jackets will be the next Ohio team to win a championship. Or the Reds.

Stop talking bull :censored:. Curses don't exist. If I learned one thing from 2004, it is that.

Well don't tell that to Chicago Cubs fans, or even Buffalo fans either.

Alright, fine.

Curses don't last forever. :D

Unless you're the Cubs. Or Cleveland.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

We. Are. Cursed.

No, but a losing mindset does. And you aren't old enough to know any real sports misery so put a sock in it. Talk to me in 30 years. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA.

Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssse!

Wade-sig.png

We. Are. Cursed.

No, but a losing mindset does. And you aren't old enough to know any real sports misery so put a sock in it. Talk to me in 30 years. :D

Hey, don't piss on me, I'm just trying to contradict you and be positive. :P

Well, I have to give credit to the Magic. Simply put: The Better team won. I ignored what the Magic did during the regular season. I felt they would not do well int the Play-Offs. I felt they would need experience. The Playoffs are SO different. Winning Game 6 while facing elimination, then winning Game 7 IN BOSTON was freakin' manly. I still felt it would be different when facing the Cavaliers. The Magic played 6 more Play-Off games and I thought it was a disadvantage. Here, THAT is where they grew-up and gained the much needed experience right before our eyes. Losing at the buzzer and then coming right back the next game time and time again. Coming back from HUGE deficit's time and time again. Thier 3-point shooting was ridiculous! I was so annoyed and furious while watching... then after a while, just numb to it.

I see no reason why they can't beat the Lakers. Yes, the Lakers can win. I just think it's Orlando's year. Man, what a resume.. knocking out the Champs in a Game 7 at Boston. Knocking out the "best regular season team" and MVP. Then beating the Lakers. That would be a true Champion performance.

Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA. Beat LA.

Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssse!

2nd

Nice sig.

Archived