Logos Getting 'Fiercer'

tjharley

The Red Sox and Texas ones use the same "joke". Nice job ESPN.

At least the Red Sox one has this going for it:

curt-schilling-2004(solomon-strohmeyer).jpg

This is true.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I can't believe the lions actually believe their new logo will help them. Matthew Stafford won't even be able to save them.

That's what a lot of people thought about the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

Ah, that's a very good point. But they COMPLETELY changed things.

glossysig5.png

I can't believe the lions actually believe their new logo will help them. Matthew Stafford won't even be able to save them.

I don't think they honestly believe changing their logo will give them a winning team...

It's about a change in identity. The Lions management wants to change their overall attitude, so oftentimes, a good way to help do that is change something as mundane as your logo.

When the Tampa Bay Devil Rays changed their name and their whole identity, they made it to the World Series. When the Denver Broncos unveiled their new logo and uniforms in 1997, they won the Super Bowl.

Those are just coincidental, but I think it represents that sometimes, a change in the logo and/or identity can really help to turn a team's fortunes around. Mind over matter, as they say.

I don't think they honestly believe changing their logo will give them a winning team...

It's about a change in identity. The Lions management wants to change their overall attitude, so oftentimes, a good way to help do that is change something as mundane as your logo.

When the Tampa Bay Devil Rays changed their name and their whole identity, they made it to the World Series. When the Denver Broncos unveiled their new logo and uniforms in 1997, they won the Super Bowl.

Those are just coincidental, but I think it represents that sometimes, a change in the logo and/or identity can really help to turn a team's fortunes around. Mind over matter, as they say.

And my thought on that is pure coincidence. (Not that I'm disagreeing with you, though.)

For good measure, things were already changing for the better down in Tampa while the Rays were still dressed in what I thought to be at the time probably one of the best uniform sets (and branding packages) in the major leagues. It just happened to be in their good fortune that the year they chose to implement the change, they ended up in the World Series.

As far as the Broncos go...eh, really ain't got no good explanation for that. Sure, psyche must have played a BIG part in that one (ain't doubting that).

Really, I see some of these newly unvieled identities, or at least the fabricated belief that it'll "change the team's fortunes" as grasping at straws sometimes. Like up in Detroit. Ain't no real change gon come up there until they get some halfway competent people up in their front office who actually know how to assemble and run a football team--no, check that--a successful football team. Same thing down in Jacksonville. I have ZERO confidence in this Gene Smith character, and I lost faith in Del Rio a long time ago. BUT, to cater to the fans and to keep them believing the teams' culture and fortunes are about to change, what do they do? Roll out a new identity in the hopes of "retaining and/or regaining fans' interests", as well as dangling new stuff for fans to go spend they $$$ on.

But we'll see what happens...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

For the record, the Angels won the World Series after a uniform change as well. However, with that logic, it looks like the Pirates are gonna be World Champs in '09, and I highly doubt that'll happen (sorry, Maz).

At least the Hilltopper was funny.

Archived