Logos Getting 'Fiercer'

tjharley

I think that the WKU one is probably the funniest to me, but making Mr. Met into a raving lunatic makes sense; it looks like he's at his wit's end after riding the subway or getting stuck in traffic. Washington Bullets makes sense, but the name should have never been changed. As for the Capitals, well, red-white-and-blue donkeys and elephants can strike fear into just about any American. The Raiders and Gene Simmons seem to be a perfect match made in hell.

The Red Sox and Texas ones use the same "joke". Nice job ESPN.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

The difference is that the new Lions logo was done very well. Those other logos weren't.

There's nothing wrong with modernizing a logo and/or making it look "fiercer" as long as it's done well. For the most part, there are very few modern logos that I don't think are as good or better than the older ones they replaced.

Some of these are actually funny, which is rare for a Kurt Snibbe piece. The Mets, Penguins, and Raiders actually made me laugh out loud....LOLZZZZZZZZ!!!11

What is that "fiercificated" Duke Blue Devils logo? I think I've seen that somewhere. That's a good logo.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived