Hit Of The Night

At last night's Canes game, the Golden Corral Hit of the Night was shown on the scoreboard, which got me thinking...

I always thought that having the Hit of the Night sponsored by a restaurant was pretty stupid. In Buffalo, it's sponsored by Carruba Collision, an auto body shop, and is called (duh) the "Carruba Collision of the Night". I mentioned this to YH, who was pretty certain that in St. Louis, it's also sponsored by an auto body place.

So, the question for the board:

Does your team have a "Hit of the Night" and, if so, who sponsors it?

Feel free to list NHL and minor-league teams.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Thrashers dont do a "hit of the night" that I know of, but they do show a sports bloopers reel, sponsored by the Sports Surgey place in town.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Bruins have:

Banknorth Overtime

Friendly's Scoop of the Night (For a good play)

Boston Globe Pre-game Report

Boston Globe 3 Stars

And a few others but I forgot some of them.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Here in SJ we have:

Jack Daniels shot of the game

Carl's Jr. In your face play of the game (in your face was their slogan)

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The bluejackets have buffalo wild wings goal cam and the only other one that I can think of right now is the dave and buster's penalty buster (they pick a section and if your sitting in it when the team kills a penalty you get a card for five free game minutes at Dave and Buster's. I've won it twice.)

oh ya they have these girls that are kinda like cheerleaders except everyone hates them and they are called the pepsi powerplay girls. They wear really tight pants and shirts that bare their midrifs which usually I have no problem with except none of these girls are even remotely attractive and most are chubby which makes their outfits really unflattering.

Everyone loves these guys called the Dew Jackets. Sponsored by Mountain Dew of course. They drive around the dewmolisher which is kinda like a pimped out golf cart painted black with a t-shirt cannon on the back.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

At last night's Canes game, the Golden Corral Hit of the Night was shown on the scoreboard, which got me thinking...

I always thought that having the Hit of the Night sponsored by a restaurant was pretty stupid. In Buffalo, it's sponsored by Carruba Collision, an auto body shop, and is called (duh) the "Carruba Collision of the Night". I mentioned this to YH, who was pretty certain that in St. Louis, it's also sponsored by an auto body place.

So, the question for the board:

Does your team have a "Hit of the Night" and, if so, who sponsors it?

Feel free to list NHL and minor-league teams.

Well, its stupid they way Golden Corral executes it.

Back in Pittsburgh in the '90's, King's Restaurants used to sponsor the "Check of the Night" at the Civic Arena. They always closed out the display with "...and remember folks, the only check you'll get at King's comes from our waitresses."

nav-logo.png

The Wings have the Standard Federal Check of the Game, the Belle Tire Power Play (used to be someone's name for got drawn for each power play and if the Wings scored they got a gift cert to Belle Tire, it's not the same this year) and the Wendy's Shorthanded Challenge (someone gets money if the Wings score shorthanded).

The Hartford Wolf Pack have a great one:

"The 1-800-DUMP-RUNS Sin Bin"

1-800-DUMP-RUNS is a waste removal company, so it's apropos for the penalty-box areas where the ads are.

We also had the Dodge Wolf Pack Power Play, but I don't think Dodge is the sponsor anymore.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived