2009 Stars and Stripes

Brian E

I dont like how God Bless America is only played during the 7th inning stretch on Sundays and holidays. Why do we have to pretend to be patriotic on those days? Is there something more "American" about Sunday games? Either do it all the time or dont do it at all.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yankees- texas game theyre got the red hats, its cool to see the umpires have special hats too. it so weird seeing the yankees in red hats though, like i dont see it as OMG BAD, because i think red could work with yankees as a suplliment color but im not used to it.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Interesting that I think when the Cards wore their Stars & Stripes cap last year (I only remember the one weekend last year but I could be wrong) I think it may have been with the home jerseys, putting a navy cap on the white uniforms.

This year they have them on with the road uniforms putting the new red caps against the grey uniforms.

Just an oddity since regularly they're red on white and navy on grey.

Could be wrong about last year though.

Of course, if you think that it's just unnecessary, then just go to get some food or use the bathroom. You're not thrown out if you don't say the national anthem.

You sir have never been to Yankee Stadium.

And I don't plan to.

How bad is it?

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/30230537/

http://deadspin.com/5215105/god-bless-amer...-to-sue-yankees

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I dont like how God Bless America is only played during the 7th inning stretch on Sundays and holidays. Why do we have to pretend to be patriotic on those days? Is there something more "American" about Sunday games? Either do it all the time or dont do it at all.

Don't do it at all...the games are long enough as it is, and these are baseball games, not political rallies.

I sat next to some Washington people at tonight's Mets-Nats game, and they said the Mets looked like the Nationals in their red hats.

Archived