2009 Stars and Stripes

Brian E

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer to get hung up on the "They're doing this for money while pretending it's for the troops" thing.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Even my wife, while half-watching the Jays highlights on Sportsnet, said "Why the heck are the Jays wearing red hats? They look horrible."

That's when you know it's bad.

They couldn't find any Canadian patriotic songs?

"Take Off" by the Mackenzie Brothers probably wouldn't quite cut it.

"Northwest Passage" should do the trick, no?

As to the event, it was just as crass and offputting as I feared, the visual equivalent of playing "God Bless America," which is neither patriotic nor a song, every half inning. On the other hand, the Nats looked good in red caps on the road. If I had my druthers, I'd make the Nats a primarily blue team, what with blue being the national color and all, but I don't have my druthers, and given their current color scheme, the Nats really need to adopt the red caps on the road pronto.

20082614447.png

• 1 month later...
Silly MLB

575x100_torstars1.jpg

Well, on that note, happy Canada Day to all you Americans who still have a queen. I really, really hope that the Blue Jays wear their red caps on July 1 but not on July 4.

They wore them on Memorial Day, which isn't a holiday here, so I'd expect to see them on July 4th @ Yankee Stadium... and yes they will be worn on July 1 with red jerseys

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived