Victoria Villains fantasy concept

undead

This is a concept I?ve been working on intermittently for the last year. It?s come a long way and I?m posting it here because I?m getting sick of looking at it and I want to move on to something else. Your help has been invaluable in the past to help me refine my concepts and I hope this won?t be an exception. Please help me put this one to bed.

The idea behind this concept is a Victorian gentleman who wants to conquer the world. I chose Victoria because it starts with a ?V? like Villains and it?s the word Victorian is derived from. I don?t know where Victoria is located but I?m sure there are plenty of them. I made him wear goggles so I wouldn?t have to draw eyes and it makes him very ?steam punk?. In the background is Big Ben being blown up with dynamite (I hope this doesn?t offend anybody). I originally had just the villain and I showed the concept to a guy at work and he asked ?what makes him a villain??, so I added the destruction. Since he blew up Big Ben with dynamite, I decided a dynamite plunger would be a good choice for a secondary logo. I figure since he conquered England, he would steal their flag design and change it as a final slap in the face. That was the reasoning behind the tertiary logo.

I can?t think of anything else to say so here?s the presentation.

villainstemplate.png

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

I love the primary logo. Really all three are well executed, I'm just not sure if the Secondary being a dynamite plunger, maybe add a stick of dynamite to it, or just have a stack of dynamite it's self.

Or maybe even the Big Ben falling down like you have behind the villain, that would be a pretty cool idea for a secondary.

Great work though :)

Hi, how are you?

I freakin' love this. I love abstract team names and concepts, this is very well executed. The guy looks totally badass, just not sure on the secondaries. The V looks a littleeeeeeeeee phallic, and I agree with Shanurr, Big Ben blowing up would be a good secondary.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

"Victorian" isn't a place-related adjective. It refers to the period where Queen Victoria ruled Britain (June 1837-January 1901).

That said, maybe you could redesign it to be based in Victoria, British Columbia?

bYhYmxh.png

"Victorian" isn't a place-related adjective. It refers to the period where Queen Victoria ruled Britain (June 1837-January 1901).

That said, maybe you could redesign it to be based in Victoria, British Columbia?

Or just change the name to the (London) Victorian Villains?

"Victoria" is a neighborhood within London, so the name does fit. There are many other geographical uses of "Victoria" so I think the name is fine.

As far as the concept, I've got nothing. This is fantastic as is.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. By Victorian Gentleman I meant he lives in the Victorian era, somewhere around 1889 feels right.

Thanks for the comments.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Brilliantly executed design. Love the character he looks very of his time and has the necessary degree of villainy about him without looking overly cartoony.

The only slight criticism I have is that the type face has a more Arabic feel to it than Victorian England. I think it's the dots incorporated within it and the way the L's behave with the return on the serif and the dot above that, it just has a kinda sanskrit look to it.

Great colours, really like the secondary logo, and i dont have a problem with Big Ben being blown up (provided it's only in logo form) so no need to worry about upsetting this limey.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Thanks to everybody for the encouraging words. I makes me feel good because I worked on the concept for so long.

The only slight criticism I have is that the type face has a more Arabic feel to it than Victorian England.

9erssteve, you are right, the font doesn't have a Victorian feel about it. I was going to have an ornate curvy font but it just didn't look right. I chose a distorted version of the font from the 1928 German film, Metropolis.

vintage-1928-metropolis-movie-poste.jpg

It seemed appropriate. It is industrial, yet elegant. The villain in the logo refuses to be just a cog in the machine so he rebels against the state(pretty deep, huh?).

Since so many people suggest it, I may have to make a secondary of the Big Ben incident.

Keep the comments coming guys.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

It is a brilliant concept, excellent rendering, but....

I just don't see this as an athletic logo. What I mean is that it looks like perhaps a band, or a comic book title, but it does not make me think of sports in any way.

Beautiful design, very tongue-in-cheek, but I cannot imagine a basketball team, for example, using it as their identity.

Archived