NHL Logos

Bmac

Hello all, I was browsing through emboideredthings.net, and I came across many NHL logos that looked unfamiliar. Some of them were just colored differently or something like that, others I have rarely seen. I put together a presentation of all of the logos that are on that site that arre NOT on sportslogos.net. So my main question is, what are they? Where did they come from? Are any of them official? And lastly, does anyone have the official logo of them? So, here are the images, can anyone shed some light on them?

nhllogos.png

Several of them I recognize from those Zephyr hats from a while back. Those include the first Blues, Bruins, Flyers, second Wild, Devils, Rangers, both Pens, Coyotes, Preds, both Sens, Sharks, and Thrashers. The Ducks one is similar to the logo from the 3rd jersey a few years ago, only the words are reversed. I have never seen the second Blues. The Kings is a less detailed version of the primary. The Wild has a white outline around everything, including the trees. Leafs might have been a shoulder patch. Wings could just be a mascot logo. As for the North Stars, it appears to be a straight-standing N logo.

Any info?

EDIT: Please click to view full size.

I'll break this down for you....

Mighty Ducks: I'm pretty sure this was created by the designer who created the third jersey, but they decided to use the other version.

Blues: An older logo... Not sure exactly when it was used..

Kings: A less detailed version specified for embroidery use only...

Wild: Nothing to look to far into.. Someone just added a stoke around everything..

Leafs: Was a shoulder patch in the 90's

Detroit: Mascot logo

Minnesota: Not to sure about this...

I'll break this down for you....

Mighty Ducks: I'm pretty sure this was created by the designer who created the third jersey, but they decided to use the other version.

Blues: An older logo... Not sure exactly when it was used..

Kings: A less detailed version specified for embroidery use only...

Wild: Nothing to look to far into.. Someone just added a stoke around everything..

Leafs: Was a shoulder patch in the 90's

Detroit: Mascot logo

Minnesota: Not to sure about this...

Thanks for the help. That pretty much sums things up. I still have two questions. One, will any of these be added to the site? Also, I want to find out what is up with that Minnesota logo.

For some reason, that particular version of the Kings logo is used on FSN's "Freeway Face-off" logo:

SBJ200809223001-01.jpg

That's strange. It specifically says on all of the official guides that it is for embroidery use only, and is not allowed to be used without prior consent of the NHL.

I actually like that simplified Kings logo. The "modified" Penguins and Thrashers logos aren't too bad, either.

Does anyone have a vector of that simplified Kings logo? Does one exist?

• 1 year later...

Here's a couple more that I found. PHI-DAL-CHI-NJ

philadelphia-flyers-new-york-rangers-new-era-hats.jpg

a22266_DSTARyhS.jpga91996_BlackHMulti1s.jpg

minnesota-wild-new-jersey-devils-new-era-hat1.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

After seeing the bonus Flames logo in the requests section, I searched "Zephyr NHL hats" and it came up. I was trying to see if there were any other cool "unofficial" logos that people had found.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I have to admit I'm really digging some of these logos and wish the teams would actually use them on the uniforms.

The Wild's bear claw logo would look awesome on the shoulders of the jerseys. Its far superior to the dull wordmark "logos" they currently use on the front of the third jersey and shoulders of the road jersey.

The Star's "S star logo" looks pretty sharp as does the Blackhawks tomahawk logo with the eagle feathers.

I'm digging that devil face logo for New Jersey as well!

The Catch of the Day!

Archived