2009 Confederations Cup

twi

I wil never understand how FIFA decides on what the teams should wear. Neither of those kits were the teams' primary sets.
Only thing I can think of is that Italy was the home squad and requested their brown shorts, but USA was home.

LvZYtbZ.png

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And the United States is in deep trouble, they need Egypt to beat Italy today if they're to have any hope of advancing.
No surprise, simply outclassed. Hope there will be changes for Qualifiers.
You'd think with the vast talent pool we'd potentially draw from, we'd find better. (Of course, if that were true, China and India would be world powers!)

LvZYtbZ.png

Not good at all. The game was basically over after the 2nd goal after Beasley misplayed that corner, and other than a late push, most of the team looked like they packed it in after that goal.. This is honestly the 2nd game where I felt "They could've done a little bit better."

And now, on cue, here comes the "US Soccer program is in a state of disarray" talk. :P

EDIT: As of right now, the US are still alive. Egypt just went up 1-0 on Italy.

Not good at all. The game was basically over after the 2nd goal after Beasley misplayed that corner, and other than a late push, most of the team looked like they packed it in after that goal.. This is honestly the 2nd game where I felt "They could've done a little bit better."

And now, on cue, here comes the "US Soccer program is in a state of disarray" talk. :P

Do you see the AMericans beating the Egyptians by 3? They'll need it if that result holds.

LvZYtbZ.png

Do you see the AMericans beating the Egyptians by 3? They'll need it if that result holds.

As of right now, seeing how Egypt played against Italy and Brazil...HELL NAW. Unless Egypt gets real big headed and has a terrible outing, we're going out.

I'll hold out hope though. Thanks for the help, Egypt. :P

I'm shocked that Egypt knocked off Italy. Never saw that coming...

Now, what chance do the Americans have against them? Not much... Oh well, at least they got to see South Africa before they qualify for the real thing next year.

Also, since this is considered a preview for the World Cup itself, if Egypt does well do we start to consider them a legit threat to win the whole ball of wax?

I'm shocked that Egypt knocked off Italy. Never saw that coming...

Now, what chance do the Americans have against them? Not much... Oh well, at least they got to see South Africa before they qualify for the real thing next year.

Also, since this is considered a preview for the World Cup itself, if Egypt does well do we start to consider them a legit threat to win the whole ball of wax?

Well they've got to qualify first. This page should keep you updated. It's just two of six games in, but only the group winners get to the big dance.

Iraq was very bipolar in this tournament. The looked really strong against Spain, but couldn't score a single goal during the tournament including drawing 0:0 with New Zealand. Also, New Zealand gained their first point in FIFA competition; the way they celebrated you would have thought they won the whole tournament.

HumanitarianBowl.png

You know I thought South Africa played pretty well today but what two great saves Khune made off of David Villa on the PK and the follow up shot.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

So what exactly has to occur for the United States to make it to the next round? I heard we have to beat Egypt 3-0 and Brazil has to beat Italy. Is this true? And do we have to beat Egypt 3-0 or by any score as long as we win by three?

So what exactly has to occur for the United States to make it to the next round? I heard we have to beat Egypt 3-0 and Brazil has to beat Italy. Is this true? And do we have to beat Egypt 3-0 or by any score as long as we win by three?

You're mostly correct. The US must beat Egypt 3-0 and Brazil must beat Italy 4-0 for the US to advance. The Goal Difference of -5 is the key in this whole situation.

And so far, the Brazilians are doing their part. They're up 3-0 at the half against Italy while the US are up 1-0 on Egypt at the half.

Full Time: BRA 3:0 ITA; USA 3:0 EGY

Italy and US both are at -2 on GD, but USA goes ahead scoring four goals to Italy's 3.

I'm pleasantly surprised, they waited until the final day to play their best football.

HumanitarianBowl.png

Full Time: BRA 3:0 ITA; USA 3:0 EGY

Italy and US both are at -2 on GD, but USA goes ahead scoring four goals to Italy's 3.

I'm pleasantly surprised, they waited until the final day to play their best football.

:shocked:

USA advances to semis.

Dang, should have placed bets in Vegas on that.

I'm glad US advanced, but kind of ashamed how we got there. Would have liked to have seen a team show up against Brazil. No real shame in losing, but getting outclassed sucks.

Oh well, we were in the definatively more difficult group, no matter how you look at it. Getting out alive is a good thing.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I see this as a Good News-Bad News kind of thing.

Good News: They won and advanced to the next round of the tourny! YAY!

Bad News: If you thought Brazil and Italy were tough cookies, then having to face a red hot Spanish side is like trying to face the Juggernaut: Someone will be squashed and squashed badly.

Come on Yanks!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived