Philly Sixers refinement (finished...?)

Conrad.

a couple ppl liked my Sixers "revision" in the 76ers news thread, so i figured i'd try to flesh out a whole logo set...

76ERS_logosheet-1.png

what ya think of these? I through out alot of non-primaries so maybe something could stick for a secondary logo. If all goes well, i could holler at some uni's to go along with these.

C&C please.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love everything about this; but I kinda agree that the stars shouldn't be grey on the partial logo. I only say this because in order to be consistent with the rest of the set, they should be blue.

A+

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Like the silver, don't mind the gray stars.

HOWEVUH...

With a retro-style "fun" wordmark with bright colors, the capitalized "ERS" looks really bad IMO. I recommend going with the softer, more whimsical "ers" there.

Also (and this goes for anyone making 76ers concepts):

Don't forget that you need wordmarks that just say "SIXERS" (or "Sixers") since they can't put the 76ers wordmark on the jersey. Unless you're planning on just going with standard block, you should make something custom.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Bery, bery nice, my friend.

Although, I do wonder how a nice yellow-goldish color would look with the red and the blue. For some reason people love adding silver to red and blue, and while it looks good in certain applications, I do wonder how the gold would look in this guise.

Nice way to modernize something the team used to use. Bery, bery nice indeed, my friend.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Thanks for the comments gentleman.

Vet & chesnut, here's an update of the primary using the "ers". I struggled to find a way to put the city name somehow about the nickname, but i couldn't make it happen (if someone has a stroke of genius about this please share ;)). Also, i changed the silver stars in the partial to blue as per request and I also added what will be the uniform wordmarks. I couldn't find a nice yellow gold for ya Bucco, all I was getting was mustard-like colors, so maybe if you have an idea of the gold you like, u can show me and I can recolor these.

76logosheet2.png

Anyways, thanks for the looks guys, and how do this round look? Which primary does everyone prefer?

The capital ERS is far superior to the lower case.

That 76/star secondary is the best part, though that P/star is pretty nice, too. Really, you could dump the basketball version completely and build something around that secondary.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

-The 6 should always be blue, or always be red. It shouldn't flip flop so much in the logo package.

-The uni wordmarks should probably be switched, so Phila is on the road, and Sixers is at home.

-I'd lose the city name from the primary, and enlarge the wordmark. And make the 6 blue.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thanks for the comments gentleman.

Vet & chesnut, here's an update of the primary using the "ers". I struggled to find a way to put the city name somehow about the nickname, but i couldn't make it happen (if someone has a stroke of genius about this please share ;)). Also, i changed the silver stars in the partial to blue as per request and I also added what will be the uniform wordmarks. I couldn't find a nice yellow gold for ya Bucco, all I was getting was mustard-like colors, so maybe if you have an idea of the gold you like, u can show me and I can recolor these.

76logosheet2.png

Anyways, thanks for the looks guys, and how do this round look? Which primary does everyone prefer?

Love those wordmarks!

ujsignature.png

v3, complete with no city name, switched some colors on the secondary, switched the uni wordmarks, and an enlarged nickname wordmark:

76logosheet3.png

and here's v1 of the unis:

philhome09.png

philaway09.png

My concern for the unis is the busyness; too many logos and stars going on. For that, what do you think should stay, if any? Any thoughts are appreciated...thanks for taking a look.

Version 3 is by far the best and most realistic update. They want to keep the old logo, but here you have the perfect (minimal) tweaking of the original. This brings it to the year 2010. I like your uniform design, specifically the opaque striping and the subtle star design (doesn't overpower the uniform). The wordmarks are just wordmarks--I think if you came up with a custom type for your uniform wordmarks, it would bring it to another level. Just your standard serifed roman type does not do the entire concept justice.

I'm really digging these. The only thing that bugs me is the gray piping on the home uniform. There's not gray anywhere else, it seems a little forced. I think gray is a cool color to be used, but it doesn't HAVE to be part of their uniforms. I think the piping would look much better red or blue. Have you tried using a V-Neck instead of a round neck? I know the round might look better one paper (or on screen) but in reality it rarely looks good. About the logos, I think the number is fine, you're not overdoing. I think the "P" on the waistband however is unnecessary because 1. It will never been seen and 2. look at the suns, it totally clutters their waist band. With that said, these looks absolutely amazing, just a few things that might make it more realistic I guess.

How about keeping the star pattern; and making the last one the 'star/76' logo. Maybe enlarge it a bit, I think that'd be cool.

I really like it so far, great work.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

as always, thanks for the insight gentleman...ive taken that into consideration and come up with 2 different "custom" wordmarks. i also look the P-star logo off of the shorts and made the piping on the home jersey red:

philahome09-2.png

philaway09-2.png

philhome09-3.png

philaway09-3.png

...and a closer look at the wordmarks:

philmarks.png

so, are either of these 2 better than what I had before?

Archived