My First Concept: 2010 MLB ASG

CDixonDesign

So I've been a member and more of a "watcher" of the CCSLC Community for a few months now, doing a few little things here and there, and finally decided to throw a good amount of time and effort into a new concept, and since the unveiling of the logo is next week, I decided to try my hand at the 2010 MLB All Star Game for the Angels next year.

This is just one of alot of concepts i've made over the last month or so, but the first one i'm excited and proud to show you guys to see what you think! C + C are welcomed and appreciated!

I'm working on the BP Jerseys and Hats now, but wanted to go ahead and throw up the Primary and Secondary / Field logos that i've put together:

ASG10Concept1_web.jpg

Thanks guys!

Clif

CDixonDesign

So I've been a member and more of a "watcher" of the CCSLC Community for a few months now, doing a few little things here and there, and finally decided to throw a good amount of time and effort into a new concept, and since the unveiling of the logo is next week, I decided to try my hand at the 2010 MLB All Star Game for the Angels next year.

This is just one of alot of concepts i've made over the last month or so, but the first one i'm excited and proud to show you guys to see what you think! C + C are welcomed and appreciated!

I'm working on the BP Jerseys and Hats now, but wanted to go ahead and throw up the Primary and Secondary / Field logos that i've put together:

ASG10Concept1_web.jpg

Thanks guys!

Clif

CDixonDesign

This is ur first concept?!?! :shocked:

Love all of it. very impressed... I have been a member for a few months, just now getting used to vector...but still could not make anything like this.

ASG10Concept1_web.jpg

Thanks guys!

Clif

CDixonDesign

That's awesome! The palm tree's are a perfect touch and the "2010" font looks like something the mlb would use.

If the rest of the concepts you mentioned in your post look like this, we'd love to see them!

That is quite incredible!

The only thing I could suggest is the halo on the A... from the A in "All Star Game" it is from the perspective of looking up at the halo, while the A in the ASG logs it appears to be looking from above. I would say keep it consistent, as it is a logo package. You probably ought to keep it from the perspective of looking up, like it is in the Angels logo.

Again, tremendous, especially if this is your first concept! I would imagine you are a graphic designer, considering your username... it always is nice to have a few around, to show us amateurs and hobbyists how it's done! :P

Looking forward to the uniforms!

Wow. Very nice. I do see 2 very very slight problems though. The outline of the G in "ASG" is too thick, and the highlights on the palm trees seem to be coming from different light sources. Beyond those nitpicks though, this is excellent. Can't wait for the jerseys.

spacer.png

Thanks for all the great comments guys! I've put together some progress on the BP Jerseys and Hats, here they are:

American League:

ASG10JerseyAL_web.jpg

National League:

ASG10JerseyNL_web.jpg

Thanks for the C+C, i'm working on fixing a few of the tweaks you guys mentioned!

Clif

CDixonDesign

I think the hats should be changed a little. I don't like the idea of the Palm trees on the hat. Maybe 'NL' and 'AL' so you won't risk the AL hat looking like the real Angels cap. Not bad otherwise.

Yeah, after sitting on the cap designs, I'm becoming less of a fan as well, the AL cap, as you mentioned running into the actual Angels design was something I thought of, i'll shoot around the "NL" and "AL" designs you mentioned trying and see how they come out! Thanks guys!

this is absolutely amazing. I think you could add more to the script on the bp jerseys. a halo for example on the enlarged A's. or a palm tree. other than that i think this is pretty much perfect and looks like something the mlb would use.

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

Keeping the ASG Pace going, I decided this afternoon to work on something for Arizona, Chase Field, and the 2011 MLB ASG and came up with a few logos I felt good about:

After uploading them, I realized that the conversion from Corel to PNG made the Burgundy a little more purple than I intended, which will be corrected, but just wanted to give you guys a peek:

ASG11Concept1_web.jpg

Clif

CDixonDesign

GET THE :cursing: OUTTA HERE!

Are you kidding me? This is INCREDIBLE. I absolutely love those LAA ASG logos.

Phenomenal work. My one gripe is I don't like the palms on the Anaheim AL and NL BP caps.

Keep 'em coming though. I'd love to see what you have in store for the Royals in 2012 and the Mets in 2013...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Phenomenal work with the Allstar game logo for Phoenix, although, i'd love to see you incorporate something into the logo that is special to Phoenix like the Camelback Mountain and also incorporate the host city as well. I love the logo and am looking forward to more from you

Archived