2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

once again, my spartans have managed to get me to believe, to get my hopes up, only to let me down . the idea of bringing in mark dantonio was to change the culture . to stop with the embarassing late game losses . in this regard we seem to have failed . im not overreacting am i ? is it as bad as it seems ?

glossysig5.png

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USC lost, so what. They will still beat Cal as they have the mos immobile QB in years. Best was great for the first half today, but he gained 123 of his 144 yards in teh 2st half and in the 3rd qtr., Cal ran 10 total plays for 12 yards. Riley is just too immobile to relly be a factor in big games which he has already shown.

Utah loses to Oregon.

Utah, you're a "cute little story". Enjoy whatever bowl game the Mountain West has ties to, you aren't sniffing the BCS.

Yeah, and you're talking about Oregon who lost to Boise State. Oregon by all rights should dispose of teams like Boise State and Utah, so you can talk about the cutesy Utah, but then you have to realize you're talking about a team who can't beat teams they should beat. If you're going to say that Utah is a "cutesy" story, then why didn't Oregon beat Boise State. It's the same level of competition.

Meanwhile, BYU is killing itself with three turnovers that FSU has turned into 17 points.

Florida State's leading BYU, in Provo, 37-14.

To those Mountain West supporters.....thanks for playing. Learn how to stay relevant for longer than a year or two so your conference can be taken seriously for BCS inclusion.

But remember that TCU can still win the ACC next Saturday. The road for them is really tough.

Boise State and Fresno State should join the MWC.

I think we have had this discussion become. Both Boise (specifically) and Fresno State are not academically able to join the MWC, and even more so the Big XII or Pac-10. Fresno is really academically low; not just in terms of student GPA, but also on degrees which the school can award.

You cannot join a group which you are not invited to join. Fresno State would join to just be a middle of the pack team. Why really do that?

Yeah, and you're talking about Oregon who lost to Boise State. Oregon by all rights should dispose of teams like Boise State and Utah, so you can talk about the cutesy Utah, but then you have to realize you're talking about a team who can't beat teams they should beat. If you're going to say that Utah is a "cutesy" story, then why didn't Oregon beat Boise State. It's the same level of competition.

Teams like Utah complain they don't get annual respect, then they lose these games that they need to win to get respect. That's the exact reason why the WAC and MWC will never get an automatic berth to a BCS bowl game...they lack consistency.

Boise State and Fresno State should join the MWC.

There's a reason why the MWC broke away from the WAC.

Teams like Utah complain they don't get annual respect, then they lose these games that they need to win to get respect. That's the exact reason why the WAC and MWC will never get an automatic berth to a BCS bowl game...they lack consistency.

So you're telling me that the Big East shouldn't have a bid, correct?

6fQjS3M.png

So you're telling me that the Big East shouldn't have a bid, correct?

It's a moot point....they've already got the automatic bid. And, for what it's worth, the Big East is still in the top 6, as far as conference strengths are concerned.

Archived