2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goodnight Cincinnati. So will Pitt go the Orange Bowl to play the Clemson/G-Tech winner or to the Sugar to play the Florida/Alabama loser.

I know it won't happen but a Penn State-Pitt Fiesta Bowl would be sweet. JoPa would be forced to play Pitt.

Lets wait till the :censored:ing game is over next time, huh?

If you cant hold a 21 point lead, hell, if you cant make an extra point, you don't deserve to win.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Goodnight Cincinnati. So will Pitt go the Orange Bowl to play the Clemson/G-Tech winner or to the Sugar to play the Florida/Alabama loser.

I know it won't happen but a Penn State-Pitt Fiesta Bowl would be sweet. JoPa would be forced to play Pitt.

This thing ain't over yet. Dave Wannstedt is involved. That alone should give Bearcats fans plenty of hope.

I guess I cursed Pitt ^_^ or did Wannstedt do it himself.

You sure the voters would be complaining at a Florida-Bama rematch? About the only people complaining if that happens are fans of TCU and/or Cincinnati.

Don't presume to speak for everyone.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

This thing ain't over yet. Dave Wannstedt is involved. That alone should give Bearcats fans plenty of hope.

No, it was you. It was all you. :P

Can you go ahead and pronounce Florida and Texas winners already? K thx!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

No, it was you. It was all you. :P

Can you go ahead and pronounce Florida and Texas winners already? K thx!

For you I will :D

Actually I would love to see Florida & Texas lose and cause all kinds of BCS chaos

You sure the voters would be complaining at a Florida-Bama rematch? About the only people complaining if that happens are fans of TCU and/or Cincinnati.

YES! The controversy that would insue (from more than just TCU, UC fans) would start the beginning of the end for the BCS. A BCS conference team has now finished the season undefeated, but you're going to give a Florida/Alabama a second shot at beating Alabama/Florida? Do you know how many people that would embitter?

Let me ask you this, what do we learn from a rematch of Florida-Alabama? If the two teams split then we have no idea who the better team is and if one team wins both games then we know that they know how to beat Florida/Alabama. It's a neutral site game today, there's no point in playing another neutral site rematch because today's game will tell us all we need to know about either team. What you're calling for is akin to the two best teams in the NFL meeting in the AFC championship game, and then playing a rematch two weeks later in the Superbowl. Why would that never happen, because it's stupid. Todays SEC championship is a de facto semifinal game so seeing it again for the NC is useless. If Texas loses I would bet my house that the NCG is not a rematch of the SEC championship game.

PvO6ZWJ.png

YES! The controversy that would insue (from more than just TCU, UC fans) would start the beginning of the end for the BCS. A BCS conference team has now finished the season undefeated, but you're going to give a Florida/Alabama a second shot at beating Alabama/Florida? Do you know how many people that would embitter?

Let me ask you this, what do we learn from a rematch of Florida-Alabama? If the two teams split then we have no idea who the better team is and if one team wins both games then we know that they know how to beat Florida/Alabama. It's a neutral site game today, there's no point in playing another neutral site rematch because today's game will tell us all we need to know about either team. What you're calling for is akin to the two best teams in the NFL meeting in the AFC championship game, and then playing a rematch two weeks later in the Superbowl. Why would that never happen, because it's stupid. Todays SEC championship is a de facto semifinal game so seeing it again for the NC is useless. If Texas loses I would bet my house that the NCG is not a rematch of the SEC championship game.

The SEC is heads and shoulders above any other conference in college football, though, so it's a reasonable thing to do. I'd love to see the BCS do this.

LvZYtbZ.png

The facepalm to end all facepalms...

I wasn't able to watch this game, but...damn, dawg. Just...damn.

(Little bit of background: FSU's OL coaches teach their linemen, if a D-linemen comes across early, to stay put, to make sure the flag goes against the D-lineman. In this case, it looks like the center snapped the ball a little early...but somehow, this guy just did not get the clue to, um...come up out the stance like the rest of his linemates. Damn, dawg. Just...damn.)

I saw three plays in the about 7:00 of that game that I watched where the entire line stayed in their stances for the whole play. It was amusing, and I think at least two were offsides, but I don't know what the deal was doing that so much.

Lets wait till the :censored:ing game is over next time, huh?

If you cant hold a 21 point lead, hell, if you cant make an extra point, you don't deserve to win.

Then I guess neither team deserves to win! ;)

The SEC is heads and shoulders above any other conference in college football, though, so it's a reasonable thing to do. I'd love to see the BCS do this.

You can't fault a team because they aren't in the SEC. If you go undefeated in a BCS conference you should be considered for the title game if there's room for you. Alabama and florida are the best teams in the country, but the rest of the SEC is on par with the rest of the conferences in the country. You'd love to see the BCS do it, but everyone else disagrees. I've already explained why it's a stupid idea, so I'm done winning this ridiculous argument because it's a waste of time. Texas won't lose, but we can hope that Alabama beats florida so we don't have to hear about Tim "Jesus" Tebow ever again.

PvO6ZWJ.png

There will be no rematch if Texas losses because there will be 3 other undefeated teams left, all with good cases to get into the "title" game. Cincinnati is in a BCS auto-bid conference and just beat a top 20 team to win the conference. TCU won a quality MWC and has blown many teams out. Boise State went undefeated including destroying the eventual Pac-10 Champions. If Texas loses and there is a 1 loss team that jumps ahead of those three teams you can bet your ass there will congress will get further involved. And considering the number of public universities that are a part of the BCS they are going to have to follow congress.

There will be no rematch if Texas losses because there will be 3 other undefeated teams left, all with good cases to get into the "title" game. Cincinnati is in a BCS auto-bid conference and just beat a top 20 team to win the conference. TCU won a quality MWC and has blown many teams out. Boise State went undefeated including destroying the eventual Pac-10 Champions. If Texas loses and there is a 1 loss team that jumps ahead of those three teams you can bet your ass there will congress will get further involved. And considering the number of public universities that are a part of the BCS they are going to have to follow congress.

Anything that gets rid of the BCS and institutes a playoff is a good thing.

LvZYtbZ.png

I agree but the folks involved with the BCS aren't going to let that happen

I agree but the folks involved with the BCS aren't going to let that happen
It's all in the voters' hands. I mean, the BCS can't say "Oh, the voters got it wrong, we're going to fudge the numbers!" So I hope the Voters vote the winner of this game 1 and the loser 2, regardless of the Texas-Nebraska game.

LvZYtbZ.png

I wish there was some feature where I could only ignore will in certain threads...because wow. Sometimes he wows me with his statistical prowess, then he posts in this thread and it all goes to hell.

In other news, Alabama just missed a PAT. WTF is going on with college football today?

If said public universities and/or conferences have contracts saying they agree on how the BCS is composed and determined, what can Congress really do?

The BCS isn't going away anytime soon. If the folks from the Big East or Mountain West don't like it, they're free to drop out from the BCS and play for lower-tier bowls, if any bowls at all.

I wish there was some feature where I could only ignore will in certain threads...because wow. Sometimes he wows me with his statistical prowess, then he posts in this thread and it all goes to hell.

In other news, Alabama just missed a PAT. WTF is going on with college football today?

It's raining and snowing in Atlanta. Well, that might have worked when the SEC title game was at Legion Field, but not now.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived