2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the :censored: does any Falcon fan still like Vick? He screwed us.

1) Some fans may have forgiven the man already. I would've given him a standing ovation on his return, but boo him lustily from the first play onward.

2) These are the "Vick fans" that filled up the Dome.

Either way, I can understand the Eagles fans cheering for the guy, but the Falcons fans that cheered for Vick when he scored the touchdown should be ashamed of themselves. Some fans you are. I'm not a big fan of the "real fan" thing that's popular on message boards, but that was a disgraceful showing.

But hey, we're the fairweather fan capital of the world, so I can't say that I wasn't expecting it.

Raiders win, Dolphins win, Redskins are currently winning day of the upset I'd think.

Pittsburgh is on there last life, Jacksonville won, Denver won and Balitmore has beaten the Steelers once already I like this.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Ummm....wow at New England, Pittsburgh, and New Orleans.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Am I the only one still disgusted about what Vick did?

Of course not, but Vick did his time and worked his way back. You can cheer for the guy without endorsing what he did.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

So I sit down to watch my frist NFL game of the year. The Redskins vs. Saints. A Good exciting game but too bad I wont see how it ends. After the Redskins missed a field goal that would've given them a 10 point lead, the Saint start driving to try and tie the game with 2 minutes left. But FOX switches from that game to go to either the Seattle game or Giants game.

What the hell is this about?

1zqy8ok.gif

Weren't the Steelers supposed to "unleash hell" in December?

Guess Pittsburgh native Bruce Gradkowski and Louis Murphy (who?) were like "naw...fucc that". Raiders beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh. Mike Tomlin's next press conference shall be interesting.

And in another part of the AFC world...the Miami Dolphins have just opened up the AFC playoff picture a little bit. And the Patriots still haven't won a road game in America this year.

Meanwhile...Drew Brees and the Saints have just come back AGAIN from being down in the points column against the 'Skins.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Hmmm, Jason Campbell hasn't thrown his customary soul-crushing, game-killing pick yet.

Spoke too soon, cat...it just happened. ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

There is your wish Jigga

It was no wish...I've just seen every game the kid has ever played for the 'Skins. It's just what he does.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Am I the only one still disgusted about what Vick did?

Of course not, but Vick did his time and worked his way back. You can cheer for the guy without endorsing what he did.

I understand that, he did pay his dues, and he did do what's necessary to get back to the pro level. I give him credit for that. It just seems that a lot of people have been willing to take his "I've reformed" line at face value. He may very well have reformed his ways, in fact I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he has. What I don't get is everyone just willing to say "hey no problem" so soon. After a few, say two, years, sure, we can break out the "lets move on" talk.

Really, I'm just not willing to say "it's all good" so soon.

Archived