2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

The Rams decided to start Tony Banks for throwback day.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been watching this game today. I can't comprehend how you're able to do this 16 times a year.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Did Mike Vrabel really catch a TD pass?

Sure did. I saw it happen. (NFL Sunday Ticket is a wonderful thing...especially if you're a Browns fan but you still want to watch NFL football.)

Vrabel is 11 for 11. 11 career catches. 11 TDs receiving.

BB52Big.jpg

Brad St. Louis better be out of the job tomorrow. His bad snaps are have costed the team 11 points this season and are hurting Shane Graham's confidence. He put another extra point snap over the holder's head today. Thankfully, there was a penalty on the play and they got to kick it again.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Most of the games in the NFL right now either look boring as hell, or are completely lopsided. I'm really beginning to believe that thing about there being a HUGE gulf between the talent levels of teams in the NFL right now. The only surprising score right now is the fact that KC is up 10 on Dallas right now.

Most of the games in the NFL right now either look boring as hell, or are completely lopsided. I'm really beginning to believe that thing about there being a HUGE gulf between the talent levels of teams in the NFL right now. The only surprising score right now is the fact that KC is up 10 on Dallas right now.

I've been watching that one and the only reason KC has the lead is that Dallas can't get out of their own way.

Cincy at Baltimore is interesting. The Bengals are up 10-7 and Cedric Benson has risen from the dead.

While we're at it, I'm really beginning to see why The Browns went back to Derek Anderson. 2/12 with a pick and a 4.9 QB rating today against The Bills. That kind of production is hard to find these days.

BB52Big.jpg

Wow wow wow wow. Every single game the Bengals are involved in is incredibly exciting. But if I was a Ravens fan I'd be a little upset with the latest pass interference call.

I agree. I think if that had happened in Cleveland, we'd see beer bottles on the field again. That said, wow. The Bengals right now are the best team in the AFC North. Who would've figured that going into the season?

Anyone else wanna start believing in the Cardiac Cat Bengals this year?

What most of you saw today is what I've been seeing all year out of the Bengals. These Cats are playing to WIN this year. I saw the tide turn against the Steelers two (?) weeks ago. If not for the Browns, the AFC North might be the toughest division in the league this year. Hell...even with the Browns in the division, the AFC North is the toughest this year.

(BTW...I'd now like to take the opportunity to say I picked this upset! :D )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I've been watching this game today. I can't comprehend how you're able to do this 16 times a year.

Having to rely on a radio call (usually) helps some. That and I'm more or less numb during Sundays now.

--------------------------------------

Dallas appears to suck out.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wow wow wow wow. Every single game the Bengals are involved in is incredibly exciting. But if I was a Ravens fan I'd be a little upset with the latest pass interference call.

They can be upset all they want. The calls were correct. The Ravens always play a little too aggressive in "crunch" time. They usually get away with it. Today they didn't.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

They can be upset all they want. The calls were correct. The Ravens always play a little too aggressive in "crunch" time. They usually get away with it. Today they didn't.

This.

And to think Ray Ray was one of the ones who committed one of those two interference fouls. The issue with the Ravens is that they pride themselves so much on playing aggressive defense that at times they get cocky, overconfident, and then, as Greg said, too aggressive in crunch time. Today it came back to bite them in their collective birdbutts.

In another part of the AFC world, Cleveland rejoice...the Browns have gotten off the schneid.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Anyone else wanna start believing in the Cardiac Cat Bengals this year?

What most of you saw today is what I've been seeing all year out of the Bengals. These Cats are playing to WIN this year. I saw the tide turn against the Steelers two (?) weeks ago. If not for the Browns, the AFC North might be the toughest division in the league this year. Hell...even with the Browns in the division, the AFC North is the toughest this year.

(BTW...I'd now like to take the opportunity to say I picked this upset! :D )

I was never a doubter, nor did I believe this was an upset. It's hard to see that there is a clear cut favorite when both teams are 3-1. The Bengals are deservedly winning the division.

I agree. I think if that had happened in Cleveland, we'd see beer bottles on the field again. That said, wow. The Bengals right now are the best team in the AFC North. Who would've figured that going into the season?

*raises hand* though I did almost pick the Ravens in the weekly pickem game, but ultimately went with my heart.

I love this team, but when they went down 14-10 I thought that there is no way that Carson Palmer leads another game winning drive late to win another game and against the Ravens no less. I can't believe that I'm seeing the Cincinnati Bengals pull victory out of the jaws of defeat. It's usually the other way around. By the way, the offense is 4 for 4 on end of the game drives to score a TD this season. If it weren't for Denver's miracle in week 1 then this would be an undefeated football team.

They've equaled last season's win total and hold first place in the Division. Awesome.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Want me to add some more to that post, McCarthy?

I think I heard the announcers mention the Bengals have the second-highest completion rate of fourth-down conversions, on said game-winning drives. (Of course, drawing pass-interference penalties helps, but they're conversions all the same. :D)

*raises hand* though I did almost pick the Ravens in the weekly pickem game, but ultimately went with my heart.

I love this team, but when they went down 14-10 I thought that there is no way that Carson Palmer leads another game winning drive late to win another game and against the Ravens no less. I can't believe that I'm seeing the Cincinnati Bengals pull victory out of the jaws of defeat. It's usually the other way around. By the way, the offense is 4 for 4 on end of the game drives to score a TD this season. If it weren't for Denver's miracle in week 1 then this would be an undefeated football team.

They've equaled last season's win total and hold first place in the Division. Awesome.

I was the exact opposite, I knew it going to happen, like a strange Deja Vu.

Archived