2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

So in the past two weeks the Jets have lost arguably their most important defensive player and their best offensive player for the season. Sure as hell overshadows the thrashing of the Raiders...

Some reports say that both injuries are career threatening.

Big blow to the Jets, Shonn Greene and Pouha? can hopefully fill their shoes, but it ain't easy.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody wants to answer the actual question of what Cutler is supposed to do this year with a terrible supporting cast that has a direct effect on his ability to perform, but that's okay. Apparently he's the worst human being to ever play football.

Exactly. His O line is awful and his best WR is a rookie. It's gonna be hard for any QB to win like that.

I think that the Bears shouldn't panic at the moment, 3-3 isn't too bad. Are they really much worse than last year? They finished 9-7 last year, have they lost many players?

Incidentally having checked last years standings, the Saints last year were 8-8, last in there division. And its easy to say that the league is as unbalanced as its been in a long time, but last year 6 teams finished with a points differential of -100 or more, and 2 with over -200 or more (The Lions and Rams). Not saying that things aren't unbalanced this year, but I think its a trend, rather than a sudden thing. (6 teams this year already have a points differential of over -100 though having said that!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

And I'm sure the broadcasters went on to talk about how the fumble wasn't St. Brett's fault...

And completely glossed over how he didn't exactly try to make a TD saving tackle on the return either.

-----------------------------------

Meanwhile in Ramsland

The Rams lose a good mediocre by NFL standards CB and a long snapper for the year.

Cue profanity now.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So in the past two weeks the Jets have lost arguably their most important defensive player and their best offensive player for the season. Sure as hell overshadows the thrashing of the Raiders...

Big blow to the Jets, Shonn Greene and Pouha? can hopefully fill their shoes, but it ain't easy.

I just learned today what actually happened to washington , and considering the fact that the bone went through his skin , it will be a long recovery to say the least . i feel bad for the guy .

glossysig5.png

Nobody wants to answer the actual question of what Cutler is supposed to do this year with a terrible supporting cast that has a direct effect on his ability to perform, but that's okay. Apparently he's the worst human being to ever play football.

Exactly. His O line is awful and his best WR is a rookie. It's gonna be hard for any QB to win like that.

Worse than awful, embarrassing. I feel so bad for Jay cutler, roberto garza is the only o-lineman doing his job. MAAAYBE kruetz. seriously? who else? Pace? nope. Omiyale? lord no. williams? learning, but still no. its a disgrace. oh this too, the bears best receiver had his first 100-yard game of his career yesterday.....his first! i'm not knocking hester, bennet, and knox, they have incredible futures ahead, but that certainly shows something about what he has to work with. yes, some of jay's picks have been pretty tough to watch, but they have to put the ball in his hands when the line cant make room for one of the most patient runners in the league, forte, who can usually use a small hole. he cant use NO hole, however. it makes me sick to see the blame put on jay

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I know I'd take Cutler's struggles over Jamarcus' struggles.

"I don't think it's me personally, I really don't," Russell said. "It's a bad combination of one guy doesn't do something right one time. Personally, I don't think so.

"Do you?"

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/26/SPNU1AAIME.DTL&feed=rss.raiders

If Al Davis wants to give me 10% of Jamarcus' contract Ill come play for him. Wow this guy is gonna be out of the league SOON. Then again this is what $31.5 million gets you these days...

I will gladly bring out my Yuccaneers creamsicle jersey now. They are finally worthy of the jersey that they will done this weekend. 0-6 and including the preseason, they are 1-10, and counting last year's 4 game losing streak, they are a wonderful 1-14. All is right with the world again. *sarcasm*

I know I'd take Cutler's struggles over Jamarcus' struggles.

"I don't think it's me personally, I really don't," Russell said. "It's a bad combination of one guy doesn't do something right one time. Personally, I don't think so.

"Do you?"

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/26/SPNU1AAIME.DTL&feed=rss.raiders

If Al Davis wants to give me 10% of Jamarcus' contract Ill come play for him. Wow this guy is gonna be out of the league SOON. Then again this is what $31.5 million gets you these days...

'Tis exactly why he might not wanna be showing his face back around Birdville any time soon...

...and the sad part is, I was rooting so hard for the guy to do well when he first got drafted. But the holdout, the fact that he was damn near 260-something by the time he actually signed, and his...well, he ain't exactly had coaching consistency around him during his time in Oakland, but still...you know what--bump it. Dude sucks. Pernt-blank.

On another note, DeSean Jackson just ran a pretty long one into the end zone for six. Not even two minutes gone off the game clock.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think the Cardinals deserve a lot of credit for there win in New York last night. Shows they are still a decent team. On top of there Division now, looking good for another play off spot I would say, out of a weak division. (That division has 9 wins between them for a combined 9-16) I personally wouldn't back against a Cardinals vs Colts Superbowl at the moment.

Its to early to make Super Bowl predictions. This time last year everyone had St. Brett (sorry Jigga, I'm stealing it) and the Jets going all the way.

Though if we're going to start with premature SB picks, I'm going with the Saints to steamroll everyone.

And that Cards/Giants Sunday Night game was great. Good for Warner to come in and beat the team that benched him, and to do it in the same game that saw Eli Manning throw two second half picks.

Will Witherspoon Statline for tonight (with 5 minutes to go)

6 tackles, 2 assists, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, 1 interception returned for touchdown.

*rocks in corner crying in fetal position*

What have the Rams done to deserve this?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I just learned today what actually happened to washington , and considering the fact that the bone went through his skin , it will be a long recovery to say the least . i feel bad for the guy .

The Jets say Leon will have a full recovery and should be ready for minicamp next season.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/10/ny_jets_running_back_leon_wash_1.html

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

MAAAYBE kruetz.

Olin Kreutz struggles with snapping the ball, which isn't good when that's the primary responsibility at your position.

Further proving the point

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I think the Cardinals deserve a lot of credit for there win in New York last night. Shows they are still a decent team. On top of there Division now, looking good for another play off spot I would say, out of a weak division. (That division has 9 wins between them for a combined 9-16) I personally wouldn't back against a Cardinals vs Colts Superbowl at the moment.

Its to early to make Super Bowl predictions. This time last year everyone had St. Brett (sorry Jigga, I'm stealing it) and the Jets going all the way.

Though if we're going to start with premature SB picks, I'm going with the Saints to steamroll everyone.

And that Cards/Giants Sunday Night game was great. Good for Warner to come in and beat the team that benched him, and to do it in the same game that saw Eli Manning throw two second half picks.

I wasn't making a prediction per se. I was simply saying that the Cardinals would be a dangerous side going into the playoffs having gotten there without a whole lot of fuss. There are still teams I would pick as of now to be more highly favoured.

On his Favreness, my guess is that he has a better team for him to make a run with this year. AP at least takes some pressure off his arm. But I still wonder if the Vikes might slip back late on. One of the first things that tends to go with age is endurance and recovery.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Have to admit this went right over my head until Clark Judge pointed it out on cbssports.com:

===

Miami has itself to blame for blowing a 24-3 lead, but you can't blame the Dolphins if they're irked with officials. They spotted New Orleans a score, and follow me here. On the last play of the first half, Marques Colston makes a catch and stretches for the end zone ... with a touchdown called. Only it wasn't a touchdown, and because the Saints were out of timeouts, that would have been the half. But now there's a replay review, the clock stops and the Saints get one more snap. Touchdown. If the right call had been made, they would've been in the locker room, but, hey, that's no excuse for blowing a 21-point lead.

===

Can't blame Dolphins fans for being ticked. Seems there should be some kind of rule or allowance in the replay system to prevent this from happening.

On another note, that huge comeback was something I've seen a number of times in Saints games...just from the Dolphins' point of view. For example, once on MNF the Saints led the Ray-duhs 35-14 and lost 42-35 in overtime. :cursing:

I'm glad the Saints won but I feel for Dolphins fans. That's a horrific thing to watch.

There's also the point that the Saints should never have gotten punched in the mouth to begin with but hey, I'll take it. B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

He's not supposed to turn the ball over at Jeff George-esque levels. But if he hasn't learned that in his prior years in the NFL, he probably won't learn it now.

He's had one year where he threw less than 1 INT/G, and it was 2007, where he still threw 14. He's not a Top 10 guy, he's someone who has a million dollar arm, but has, since he started in the league, had awful decision making. There are guys who the media will give a pass for that (see St. Brett), but it's not just because of where he is. HE'S ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THIS.

Archived