2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

1) He'll get none of the credit, but Vince Young just finds ways to win football games. Ain't a bit of it pretty, but somehow dude has a way to get it done up his sleeve.

Vince Young is the MAN! It's a shame it took so long to get him behind centre.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2) You think the Pack misses Brett Favre just a teeny, tiny, little bit? :P

Maybe, but they miss having a decent offensive line even more. If Favre had to play in front of the Packers' current, sorry excuse for an O-line, he probably wouldn't be faring any better than Aaron Rodgers is. And because of that, the Bucs would still have won today.

CCSLC signature.png

Well, it's nice to see that Rodgers gets similar treatment to Farve in that his faults are never his fault. At least he's got that going for him.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Q: What happened during that sideline melee?

DeAngelo Hall: ?I ran over there to help my guy, and next thing I know, one of their strength and conditioning coaches started grabbing at me, putting his hands on me. Then other guys put their hands on me. The whole time I?m trying to get them off me. After that, Coach (Mike) Smith came over to me, talking s--- to me, saying they were going to kick my a--. I stay in Atlanta during the offseason, so if Mike Smith wants to see me, he can definitely find me. That?s some bulls--- right there. But he can save that for another day.?

lol, I'd believe him if it weren't for the fact that 1) He's known for being a hot head (see the game 2 years ago where he cost the Falcons a game against the Panthers because he wanted to fight Steve Smith) and 2) He had been taking shots at the Falcons all freaking week.

I think that Smitty was in the wrong (especially considering that this isn't his first sideline run-in with another team's player) and may have stepped over the line in defending his players, but I don't wanna hear MeAngelo acting like he was Mr. Innocent just running over to the Falcons sideline to help his teammate. We've seen this act before, he was over there to get either a verbal shot or a cheap shot in, IMO.

Q: What happened during that sideline melee?

DeAngelo Hall: ?I ran over there to help my guy, and next thing I know, one of their strength and conditioning coaches started grabbing at me, putting his hands on me. Then other guys put their hands on me. The whole time I?m trying to get them off me. After that, Coach (Mike) Smith came over to me, talking s--- to me, saying they were going to kick my a--. I stay in Atlanta during the offseason, so if Mike Smith wants to see me, he can definitely find me. That?s some bulls--- right there. But he can save that for another day.?

lol, I'd believe him if it weren't for the fact that 1) He's known for being a hot head (see the game 2 years ago where he cost the Falcons a game against the Panthers because he wanted to fight Steve Smith) and 2) He had been taking shots at the Falcons all freaking week.

I think that Smitty was in the wrong (especially considering that this isn't his first sideline run-in with another team's player) and may have stepped over the line in defending his players, but I don't wanna hear MeAngelo acting like he was Mr. Innocent just running over to the Falcons sideline to help his teammate. We've seen this act before, he was over there to get either a verbal shot or a cheap shot in, IMO.

oh no doubt he was going over there to talk :censored: to his former team, that was happening the whole game and the whole week. I like what Hall has brought to the team but today he let his personal vendetta vs his former team get in the way of him actually playing the game, and making the tackle when the game was on the line. He didnt do it, and cause of his personal vendetta, we lost the game. Yeah its not the whole reason, but we'd have been closer if he had his head in the game and not up his ass.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Seattle is possibly the NFL's most useless team.

You sure like making stupid posts.

Look at the time I made the post I must hand it to them they had a huge come back against the Lions.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I just got back from the library and haven't had an opportunity until now to really post my reactions to the Bengals sweep of the Ravens.

I don't know why, but there seems to be this crush on Baltimore. I don't know what it is, maybe it's Joe Flacco from last season or Ray Lewis, but the Bengals just beat the darlings...twice. The experts all week picked Baltimore. A ton of you guys in the pickem thread picked Baltimore, and there they were getting manhandled on the line by Cincinnati. The score was only 17-7, but the Bengals were in control all game long. Cedric Benson just had his second 100 game against the vaunted Ravens defense this season and Carson Palmer was stellar, as usual. The best part though? The Defense. In 2005 the offense was all flash and had no trouble putting up 30 points a game, but the defense was god-awful that year. They lived off of turnovers that year and thus were unreliable. This year's defense has the personnel to shut down both the run and the pass and keeps teams from scoring. They had some rough injuries today, but I think they should be able to handle them.

The Bengals look like one of those NFL teams that I've been so envious of for so long, like one of those teams that have beat up on them for my entire Cincinnati Bengals fan life. They play team defense and run the ball down your throat and It is so unbelievably refreshing to watch. Barring any serious injuries this team is 10-6 at worst and can hope for 13-3 at best. It's time to take notice.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I just got back from the library and haven't had an opportunity until now to really post my reactions to the Bengals sweep of the Ravens.

I don't know why, but there seems to be this crush on Baltimore. I don't know what it is, maybe it's Joe Flacco from last season or Ray Lewis, but the Bengals just beat the darlings...twice. The experts all week picked Baltimore. A ton of you guys in the pickem thread picked Baltimore, and there they were getting manhandled on the line by Cincinnati. The score was only 17-7, but the Bengals were in control all game long. Cedric Benson just had his second 100 game against the vaunted Ravens defense this season and Carson Palmer was stellar, as usual. The best part though? The Defense. In 2005 the offense was all flash and had no trouble putting up 30 points a game, but the defense was god-awful that year. They lived off of turnovers that year and thus were unreliable. This year's defense has the personnel to shut down both the run and the pass and keeps teams from scoring. They had some rough injuries today, but I think they should be able to handle them.

The Bengals look like one of those NFL teams that I've been so envious of for so long, like one of those teams that have beat up on them for my entire Cincinnati Bengals fan life. They play team defense and run the ball down your throat and It is so unbelievably refreshing to watch. Barring any serious injuries this team is 10-6 at worst and can hope for 13-3 at best. It's time to take notice.

I picked Baltimore because The Bengals always seem to lose the games I think they should easily win. I looked at that game and my first thought was "this is another week where The Bengals won't show up because they think they already have the win." I picked Baltimore because I didn't think your guys would take them that seriously. It's not like it's never happened.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Too bad Goddell doesn't have a sense of humor...but that was funny as hell.

Its gonna be intersting to see how much Good Time Roger fines him.

It would fantastic if Goodell (excuse my earlier misspelling) fines Ochocinco a dollar.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Saints did it again, but this get behind then come back crap isn't going to work against New England or in the playoffs so they better break the habit and soon.

Meachem is finally starting to look like a number one draft choice. What impresses me more is that the Saints are getting amazing production from guys like Pierre Thomas (undrafted free agent) and Tony Hargrove (taken off the substance-abuse/suspension/rehab junk heap). I give Hargrove credit for candor; after the game yesterday, in which he caused a fumble and recovered two, one for a TD, he said:

===

"Usually by this time of year I'm in jail or been arrested or failed a drug test or something. If you look back, that's how it is. I get about a month in and go AWOL, " Hargrove said. "It's November, I haven't been arrested, I haven't failed a drug test. Seriously, I have to call a spade a spade. That's my reality. I'm in a very new place right now. This is crazy. Honest to god. Just making a play like this once a week, it's a blessing, " said Hargrove, who recovered two fumbles Sunday -- one forced by defensive end Will Smith earlier in the fourth quarter -- and scored the first touchdown of his career. "It's crazy. I come out here and I just try to play. For me, it's a blessing. I don't think I've played this well, this consistent."

===

Hope he keeps his head on straight.

Though they won, Brees' sudden spate of turnovers is a cause for concern. The pick he threw to Gamble was horrible, very un-Brees like.

In the Pretty Damn Bizarre dept., some in New Orleans have annointed Drew as "Breesus" and even wrote a new version of the Lord's Prayer with lines like, 'hallowed be thy aim.' :wacko: In a season like this, I wish they wouldn't tempt fate with possible blasphemy...

breesusandthelame.jpg

Okay, after seeing that image, let's strike 'possible' from 'possible blasphemy.' But I'm not sure even that would help Bush at this point. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Yeah...that's taking things a good bit too far. At least to me it is. (Plus...his aim can't be all that hallowed with the recent spades of picks he's thrown, now can it?)

All that aside...that the Saints CAN (and now HAVE...twice) gotten down early and came back to win speaks to their mettle. However, like you said, Mr. G, I hope the don't get comfortable or content, because if they end up in too deep a hole to the wrong team, they might not be able to dig their way out.

And oh by the way...how bout them Bucs yesterday, patna? :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It would fantastic if Goodell (excuse my earlier misspelling) fines Ochocinco a dollar.

HA ha that would indeed be great. Does Goodell 1. watch these boards or 2. have the imagination to come up with that himself??

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

HA ha that would indeed be great. Does Goodell 1. watch these boards or 2. have the imagination to come up with that himself??

I hope there's at least one person in their office that suggests it and I hope that he has the sense of humor to consider it, but I don't think he does. His tenure has been defined by harsh fines and suspensions.

I love Ochocinco. People need to realize that he doesn't take himself seriously so you can't take him seriously. He literally puts bulletin board material up every single week, by now I'm surprised it even makes news anymore. For the dollar bribe, which had me rolling on the floor, he'll probably just dip into his fine cookie jar.

PvO6ZWJ.png

This just in from Adam Tankhead Shafter...the Chefs have decided to finally release Larry Johnson.

Sayonarra, sucka.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived