2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Browns games are painful to watch.

5 offensive touchdowns in their last 15 games. How the hell did this team actually win a game? The Browns had a decent team two years ago....how did they become this terrible?

If you think it's bad just as an observer imagine what it's like for us Browns fans.

Anyone that can answer that question should send their resume to Randy Lerner.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A coach was fired, and it wasn't Jim Zorn.

The Bills have shown Dick Jauron the door.

HALLELUJAH!

I can honestly say this is the best day as a Bills fan since.....wow. Probably the '03 opener when the Bills shut-out the Pats 31-0.

Note to Ralph: Please please please please hire Bill Cowher or Mike Shanahan.

Yes, because it's just that easy. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

5 offensive touchdowns in their last 15 games. How the hell did this team actually win a game? The Browns had a decent team two years ago....how did they become this terrible?

If you think it's bad just as an observer imagine what it's like for us Browns fans.

Whatever happened to that protest they were trying to do last night? It looked like a packed house.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Whatever happened to that protest they were trying to do last night? It looked like a packed house.

Lerner actually had a chat with a couple of the fans (the Dawg Pound guys, apparently). Heard them out for a while, and let them vent.

I thought that was pretty cool.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

YES! It took a while but finally Dick is gone, he is a nice man, but is not suited to be a NFL head coach.

Hopefully they take a look at Shanahan and Sherman. But I will bet they hire some no-name guy like Jauron and the cycle begins again. Or they may just give the spot to incompetent DC Perry Fewell, who will be the interm coach for the rest of the season.

saBS.png

Lerner actually had a chat with a couple of the fans (the Dawg Pound guys, apparently). Heard them out for a while, and let them vent.

Really? I actually found it insulting because most (damn near all) owners ultimately couldn't give a damn about the fans and for an owner to come out and pretend to care is pretty weak when it's all about the money.

The guy who staged the "walkout" was one of the two who went to Chicago and talked to Lerner while he (Lerner) was on the field and met them in his office later that week.

More on Delayed Entry to MNF

Its gonna be an interesting time for coaching hires, because there are so many decent names out there. But in reality wouldn't the Bills be better finding a decent young coach? Maybe sticking an experienced guy in as assistant? Isn't that a better way to manage expectations whilst a young team improves?

Remember there was a time when Lombardi was a young rookie head coach!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Keep dreaming, Buffalo. In reality, it'll probably be some re-tread like Jim Haslett or Dennis Erickson.

*cackle*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Keep dreaming, Buffalo. In reality, it'll probably be some re-tread like Jim Haslett or Dennis Erickson.

And dreaming big is just what I'm doing. Hey, it's a shock they even fired Jauron, period. They just gave him a contract extension last year, so firing him now shows that Ralph MIGHT actually mean business and pay to go get a real, live NFL football coach. Heck, he's 91 years old and sitting on a pile of cash, what the hell do you have to lose??

ANY of these guys would make me happy:

Shanahan

Cowher

Schottenheimer (Played for the Bills in the AFL years)

Gruden

Billick

Fassel

Holmgren (if the Browns don't get him first)

Really? I actually found it insulting because most (damn near all) owners ultimately couldn't give a damn about the fans and for an owner to come out and pretend to care is pretty weak when it's all about the money.

Dan Snyder and his fake ass "I'm embarrassed" diatribe is pretending. Taking the time to sit down and meet with some of your most vocal critics with no cameras around is a rare thing. Whether he truly cares is something only Mr. Lerner knows, but it was certainly a lot more than most of these bastards even think to do.

what did Jauron ever do that was noteworthy? The Bears had that one random 13-3 season in the early part of the decade, but did he accomplish anything outside of that?

Jauron probably on reflection was a very odd appointment, in much the same way that Mangini was a strange appointment in Cleveland. (Don't kill me for this next bit Bills and Browns fans) Neither had been able to achieve much of note at a potentially bigger franchise. I don't get why in those circumstances you don't choose between an untested rookie, who at least hasn't failed somewhere else, or someone who has had real success somewhere else. (Broncos fans for instance might bring up Mike Shanahan and his spell at the Raiders at this stage, but being fired by Al Davis is a whole other matter!!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived