2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Aw, he won a Super Bowl for you and everything :P

He can come back next week.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn blackouts, Stafford threw for 422 yards and 5 TDs, including one with no time left, to give the Lions a 1 point win over the browns, after being down 24-3 at one point. wow. :shocked: ... and I couldn't watch it.

Then you really missed it. The Browns committed pass interference on a Stafford hail mary giving Detroit one last play at the one with no time left. Staffard got his shoulder busted up on the hail mary but because the Browns took a timeout before the untimed play he was able to come back in for the winning TD pass. He was grabbing his shoulder comeing off the field though.

It was nothing short of :censored:-ing poetry. The interference call was completely legit too.

So does anyone still want to debate me on the point that The 2009 Browns are the worst NFL team in history? They were up 24-3 on the Lions and lost. Case closed.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

All is well then.

No, not quite. He only got 16 points for me in my fantasy league before he got hurt :P

really, though, i wouldnt be surprised to see leinart blow this game. he is downright AWFUL

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I actually enjoy watching Browns games. They're so hilariously bad.

"Let's see how much you care when we're not filling your pockets with money, owner-scum! Time to bring some urgency back to the Los Angeles Rams."

Did that really need to be split into two separate posts? The difference between your scenario and this one is that the Browns aren't in danger of moving. The stadium is new enough and what the fans are doing now, mindlessly supporting a terrible team, isn't working. Now, I don't think the Browns ineptitude is entirely the owner's fault, but if he knows that there are repercussions for bad decisions and hires then maybe he'll make smarter ones, such as not hiring a Belichick assistant right after firing another Belichick assistant. I think in this case the unwavering loyalty of Browns fans is precisely what's hurting them.

That said, I honestly would not mind if the Browns never win another game or move to Los Angeles themselves

I think his point was that if the Browns fanbase just decides to not support the team out of protest then the Browns ownership will simply pick up and move where they will be supported. They aren't in danger of moving now, because despite their, um, less then preferable season they still have VERY solid fan support. If they suddenly found that support lacking they would move. Which is why any fan boycott is always a bad decision.

Except for the Millen Man March in Detroit a few years ago. That was hilarious.

The new Browns can't go anywhere. The 30 year lease has no loopholes to let them out. They'd have to play there even if nobody bought a ticket for the next 20 years.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

I actually enjoy watching Browns games. They're so hilariously bad.

"Let's see how much you care when we're not filling your pockets with money, owner-scum! Time to bring some urgency back to the Los Angeles Rams."

Did that really need to be split into two separate posts? The difference between your scenario and this one is that the Browns aren't in danger of moving. The stadium is new enough and what the fans are doing now, mindlessly supporting a terrible team, isn't working. Now, I don't think the Browns ineptitude is entirely the owner's fault, but if he knows that there are repercussions for bad decisions and hires then maybe he'll make smarter ones, such as not hiring a Belichick assistant right after firing another Belichick assistant. I think in this case the unwavering loyalty of Browns fans is precisely what's hurting them.

That said, I honestly would not mind if the Browns never win another game or move to Los Angeles themselves

I think his point was that if the Browns fanbase just decides to not support the team out of protest then the Browns ownership will simply pick up and move where they will be supported. They aren't in danger of moving now, because despite their, um, less then preferable season they still have VERY solid fan support. If they suddenly found that support lacking they would move. Which is why any fan boycott is always a bad decision.

Except for the Millen Man March in Detroit a few years ago. That was hilarious.

The new Browns can't go anywhere. The 30 year lease has no loopholes to let them out. They'd have to play there even if nobody bought a ticket for the next 20 years.

Good for Cleveland I suppose.

Damn blackouts, Stafford threw for 422 yards and 5 TDs, including one with no time left, to give the Lions a 1 point win over the browns, after being down 24-3 at one point. wow. :shocked: ... and I couldn't watch it.

Then you really missed it. The Browns committed pass interference on a Stafford hail mary giving Detroit one last play at the one with no time left. Staffard got his shoulder busted up on the hail mary but because the Browns took a timeout before the untimed play he was able to come back in for the winning TD pass. He was grabbing his shoulder comeing off the field though.

It was nothing short of :censored:-ing poetry. The interference call was completely legit too.

So does anyone still want to debate me on the point that The 2009 Browns are the worst NFL team in history? They were up 24-3 on the Lions and lost. Case closed.

I said it a few posts earlier, there is something beyond awful about this team

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

OK, if anyone had the Over/Under on the Browns-Lions game at 75 raise your hand.

*crickets chirp*

Thought so. These two teams have no offense to speak of and yet they explode today for a combined 75 points. Don't expect this to last because the Lions lost Stafford to a possible shoulder injury and the Browns... Well... You know, if there is anything positive to say about the Browns, it could be that they won 1 game.

There has been some screwy games today, people. The Browns and Lions have an offensive shootout. Kansas City stuns Pittsburgh, Oakland... Yes, the Raiders lead at home against Cincinnati. Can't this week get anymore crazy or what?

First the Giants, now the Rams. Warner's pulling a Heathcliff this year his entire career.

I don't think the Rams have ever beaten him.

Also, does this make two dead QBs in two weeks for Dockett?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

How many teams do you know of that has trouble finishing off teams? The Arizona Cardinals this and last year comes to mind.

Ummm....playing Lienart the entire second half had a lot to do with that.

Today, we are all otaku.

Let's hear it for the entire AFC North putting up Ls.

Ravens, you lost to the Colts, but you were also at home, and if you could have mustered 1 touchdown in all those trips into Indy territory, the result could have been more advantageous.

Steelers, Bengals, and Browns - losing to Kansas City, Oakland, and Detroit, respectively? Eesh!

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Same old Bungles!!! :shocked:

"Hi, my team just lost to the Lions on a DPI call during a Hail Mary and also gave up 38 points to a Scott Linehan coached offense. I am in no position to ridicule any NFL team."

Today, we are all otaku.

0-16. Case closed.

Period.

Some observations...

-Steelers and Bengals, not so sharp. Whoever comes out top doesn't look good enough to get anywhere in the playoffs.

-The Chargers! Broncos are really looking, well, bad. SD will come out on top.

-The Browns should be completely ashamed of their performance, and probably just kill themselves.

-Brett Favre should be getting serious MVP consideration. He hasn't showed any signs of slowing down and has turned me into a believer.

LosAngelesLakers.pngLosAngelesDodgers.pngSanDiegoChargers.png

thanks to crkraider22

Archived