Oklahoma City Thunder

Conrad.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the color choices you made, and you've done a very nice job of completing an entire package of logos and marks. Right now I just feel like the primary and secondary A logos need a bit of refining. On the primary, the "Oklahoma City" type is really tiny. And there's something that seems a little odd about the bison's face; the features almost look a little too "human." It's hard to put my finger on it. On the secondary A logo, I think the feathers need to look a bit more feathery; right now, they're kinda just oblong shapes.

But in general, you've done a really nice job here.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Only thing I really dont like is the highlight on the bisons nose. It just looks comical. The rest of the logo has this strong aggressive, set jawed bison and then it seems to have a shiny little reindeer nose.

I'd lose the highlight altogether and see how it looks, if you feel the nose is too bland I'd look at shaping small channels of the body colour into it to from the bottom to indicate where the nostrils are.

The rest of it I really like, the dreamcatcher is a really cool idea and works well. Big upgrade over what they have at present.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Thanks to all for the kind and critical words. I took away the stroke from the city name on the primary logo. I also edited the nose and took away the highlight...Here are 6 different color schemes...

6colorideas.png

Top left is the current Thunder scheme. Any of these strike anyone's fancy? Maybe a different combo of these colors? Let me know what you're thinking...

I like the two on the far right. The top right one looks like ATL Thrashers colors which would essentially be unique to the nba with maroon yellow and blue.

The bottom right reminds me of Oklahoma itself, very woods-y with the green and brown but an orange accent...which is nice.

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

The yellow bison seem weird to me, but I mean the Bulls use a red bull so I can live with it.

There's a few colors I'm diggin there, just can't make up my mind. Maybe the top middle one with a darker red, that's what I'm thinking.

Good work on these, they all look awesome and unique.

To further add to the indecisiveness, definitely bottom left and top right for me, with the green/brown slightly ahead. I really think of Oklahoma when I see those colors and they all work well together, maybe it's because those are a sort of variation on the colors on the state flag.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Sorry to come to this party late. I know we're now discussing color schemes but it took me a long time to figure out what is "off" about this logo. It came to me in a dream. The bison doesn't look like a bison, he looks like a werewolf, or Chewbacca, or something. You needed to humanize the animal to make it work for the logo and I understand that. The face just looks too human. You can keep everything but the forehead and nose area. Bison have big faces. What about if you made the bridge of the nose convex instead of concave. I believe that little change should make the logo look more like a bison. If it's too late to change, it's still a really effective logo and certainly better than what they currently have.

As for the color schemes, I like the bottom right the best. Great job on this.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

thanks to everyone for the thoughts on the color ideas...also, good observations undead; i've made a change to the front of the face slope, hope that was what u were talking about. anyway, the more i look and think about it, I like the bison in the logo being a gold color, and I also like the inclusion of a green or teal, so now i think its down to these 4 variations on the colors. The top left is the one that was mentioned the most from the last 6, and the other 3 are variations on that using a green instead of the teal and using black instead of the navy. I like the black because of the nod to the oiling industry in OK, but I'm still not decided from these 4...please let me know your thoughts:

4golds.png

This is also my first draft on the home uniform (using the colors from the top left mark above ^). What do you think of this design and all of its parts...?

okc_home1.png

Way to steal my uniform design :Phttp://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c153/hoo...homeconcept.png

JK, it does look similar, but yours is much better.

Few things, the top left shoulder, is that supposed to be a black insert? Really likin the color, but the name plate is too small.

Numbers are nice and wordmark looks great. I'd stick to green, navy and gold, no need for those bits of orange. Maybe make the numbers and script green and the thunderbolts gold?

Looks great though, and the updated logos are much better.

Archived