Lou Holtz: Notre Dame to BCS Title Game

GFB

Remember if ND goes 10-2, they earn an automatic bid to a BCS game correct?
Only if they finish in the top 8 in the final BCS Standings. If they are in the top 12, then they are considered for a BCS game spot.
Top 14 actually, but I'm not sure 12-0 gets them in the top 8, given their schedule.
If ND is in the top 12 or 14 or whatever the case may be, they are getting a spot.

The Irish are a NCAA cash cow and television ratings giant. The NCAA won't leave them on the outside looking in.

The NCAA doesn't have a say in the matter.

Well, they do, but ok... Bowl Executives are gonna leave out a team that will buy tickets and fill a stadium better than almost any other team? If you think otherwise you're just not looking at reason.

It's not about who deserves it so much as it is about the cashflow.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lou Holtz is a total clown.

He was on the local morning news this morning, to promote some contest that Dr. Pepper is running. Usually, in situations like this, the hosts will ask a couple of relevant sports related questions (like "how do you think Penn State will do this year?" or "so you think ND will be in the BCS game?") and then segway into the promotion.

Well, they started with the sports questions, but Holtz didn't even really answer, he just started saying "Let me tell you about what Dr. Pepper is doing...." "that's why I'm here today"...

When they did finally get him to talk about football (after he mentioned Dr. Pepper around 100 times) he didn't make a lot of sense, and just seemed like a cartoon character.... which is (I guess) what he's become.

I don't watch college football so I'm not sure if that's just how he is, but he came off like a total idiot to me this morning.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On The Herd with Colin Cowherd, Beano Cook just predicted Notre Dame and Florida in the BCS Championship.

He's a Notre Dame homer, too.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

On The Herd with Colin Cowherd, Beano Cook just predicted Notre Dame and Florida in the BCS Championship.

This is nothing new. Usually the ole sumbitch predicts a Notre Dame-Penn State title game.

6uXNWAo.png

Sure. I can see that scenario happening................. in NCAA Football 10; but not this season.

Or do these two old coots know something that the rest of us don't?

Sure. I can see that scenario happening................. in NCAA Football 10; but not this season.

1) Notre Dame has an easy schedule. If they end up with 1 loss and that only loss being to USC, they're gonna be in the conversation for the title.

2) They're Notre Dame. The echoes WILL be awoken!!!

1) Notre Dame has an easy schedule. If they end up with 1 loss and that only loss being to USC, they're gonna be in the conversation for the title.

They'll lose 4 or 5 games this season in typical Irish fashion!

It's because of that easy schedule that I could see them as 12-0 and at #15 in the BCS. I'm not saying MSU will be that good but would you support an 11-1 USC v 11-1 MSU game as your national title game if Notre Dame is 12-0? (Assuming Florida loses a couple times) Besides, Notre Dame doesn't deserve to be in the national title game anyways - they will not win their conference championship.

LvZYtbZ.png

I thought Charlie Weis Baron Harkonnen ate them.

---------------------------------------------

Will, if Notre Dame's undefeated, give them their shot. And if their only loss is USC, they will have the honor of being introduced to the business end of the ACC champion in the Orange Bowl.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Will, if Notre Dame's undefeated, give them their shot. And if their only loss is USC, they will have the honor of being introduced to the business end of the ACC champion in the Orange Bowl.

I am perfectly willing to give any undefeated conference champion a shot at the national title. Look, nobody who isn't a homer would complain because undefeated Notre Dame got the shaft and isn't in the BCS.

LvZYtbZ.png

I am perfectly willing to give any undefeated conference champion a shot at the national title. Look, nobody who isn't a homer would complain because undefeated Notre Dame got the shaft and isn't in the BCS.

So we're saying a schedule that contains USC is better than a Big East schedule? Just sayin' and by this logic they might have to beat the Big East Champion Pittsburgh right? Assuming Pitt wins it...

Also, a team that could beat USC and goes and undefeated wouldn't deserve a BCS bid/National Championship Game bid?

6fQjS3M.png

An undefeated Notre Dame wouldn't get the shaft. No matter how weak the schedule. Too much money to be made.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

An undefeated Notre Dame wouldn't get the shaft. No matter how weak the schedule. Too much money to be made.
THey will if they're not at least top 14 in the rankings.

LvZYtbZ.png

The voters would rank a team #1 if they're the only undefeated team, especially with a name like Notre Dame.

Also, I read earlier in the thread that ND has the 30-something-th strongest schedule in CFB, meaning they have a better schedule than at least half of BCS conference teams.

6fQjS3M.png

The voters would rank a team #1 if they're the only undefeated team, especially with a name like Notre Dame.

Also, I read earlier in the thread that ND has the 30-something-th strongest schedule in CFB, meaning they have a better schedule than at least half of BCS conference teams.

The computers would punish them though. Seriously, would you actually want Notre Dame in the title game? Those that do are nothing but homers.

LvZYtbZ.png

The computers would punish them though. Seriously, would you actually want Notre Dame in the title game? Those that do are nothing but homers.

Yes I would if they are 12-0 and are the number 1 team in the country, and Will you know i'm not even to anywhere close to a Domer fan. Michigan fan through and through, that being said, I don't think they will be 12-0 and lose at least 3 games this season.

Yes I would. Yes I am a bit of a homer :P

But, IMO any team that goes undefeated in any year that there aren't 3+ undefeated teams should be in the title game because with an undefeated team, nobody has proven they are better than that team through 12 games of the season. They might not be the best team, but they've been the most consistent and of the 10% of college football that they've played nobody's better than them.

Also, ND isn't playing the Citadel in the middle of the season *looking at you Florida*

6fQjS3M.png

Lou Holtz is ridiculous.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived