NFL Expansion League

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow this sucks alot but i understand what you mean great concept while it was going hope maybe if you ever get more time in the future you will consider starting it back up?

haha. if by that you mean my fall, winter, and spring breaks...then yes.

im looking forward to those times then =D

Giants.png

sg048n.jpg

That really sucks dude. Perhaps you could make it your project to pick the team names. And then people here can make the concepts or if someone wanted to change the name/city they would have to run it by you.

Yeah, as I said... it would be cool to see everyone else pitch in and do the concepts.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Utah or Salt Lake City (Sting) (Stingers) (Swarm)

First, ideas on name? Obviously it's a tad up in the air.

--------------

Here is the early early stages of my logo. I'm hoping I could get some comments on this one. It's not anywhere close to complete...but, I'm done doing this for the evening, and I'm headin out in the morning for a few days.

I know jaha(i think thats his username??) did an AMAZING hornet logo for basketball. I wanted to make sure my logo wasnt too similar to his...but i wanted it to be unique, and with hornets and bees that is difficult! Anyways, here is what I whipped up tonight.

swarm.png

Very unique take on a hornet/bee logo. It tough and sleek and very appropriate for the NFL. Nice color combo as well. Not too sure on the antennae though. Maybe if they kept the same shape but ended in a sharp point like the wings instead of rounded edges.

Great job.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Albuquerque Invaders

- For Albuquerque I went with a fairly local theme. The Roswell legend associated with Aliens exists a little farther southeast of Albuquerque, but I figured I would still go with that identity. Of course, Invaders implies Aliens. I knew green would be a color, b/c we associate that with aliens primarily. I then used a darker shade of green and a green-blue as the other colors.

The logo is just an alien head, and the reflection on the head is intended to show the lights of a spaceship hovering overhead. The mouth area is supposed to resemble a football. The wordmark is intentionally very boxy, with streaks coming out to mimic lighting from a spaceship.

The uniforms feature interchangable jerseys, pants, and socks. The number font is custom as well.

**Update 8/31** - I changed all silver on the uniform to white and added an alternate logo

Hope you enjoy!

InvaderslogoV3.png

----------------------------

Invaderslogoalternate.png

-----------------------------

InvadersHomeUniform.png

InvadersRoadUniform.png

I love that you included where i am from which is Albuquerque but the alien wouldnt fly here (no pun intended)if it was Roswell yes it would, but i love the concept it just wouldnt fit here in Albuquerque

2u3xe8m.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

For Albuquerque I would've considered doing a concept utilizing the colors on the city flag.

800px-Flag_of_Albuquerque%2C_New_Mexico.svg.png

Holy Soviet Union Batman!

600px-Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union.svg.png

if you were going to do an albuquerque theme i would go with something spanish our old pcl baseball team was the dukes, so something in that respects like conquistadors, or aztecs i think in the movie any given sunday al pacino was going to coach an albuquerque team at the end of the movie.

2u3xe8m.jpg

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned yet that Los Angeles already has a NBADL team called the D-Fenders. That, and the Defenders concept having a USC vibe to it kind of ruins it for me.

As for the Sting/Stingers/Swarm, it's perfect the way it is for the first two names, but if you're going to call it the Swarm, maybe you should add a trail of additional bees to actually make it a swarm.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived