New PS3 logo?

chestnutz

That lower logo looks like the old PS2 original logo...just modified.

That was the point of the initial logo, prior to having anything made.

However, not the one that was the reason for this thread.

However, there IS a new logo for the new slim PS3s.

Like the new logo, about time they developed a proper one. the Spiderman font summed up perfectly for me that Sony were caught out by the early launch of the 360 and as such had to rush out the PS3 meaning no time to develop a proper logo and just used a font from one of their films.

logo.png

The new logo also showed up on my PS3 with the new software update.

It replaces the former logo, right when it starts up. I like it.

When the new logo showed up on my PS3 I was glad. I also noticed that the Spiderman logo is completely gone when I played my MLB 09.

• 1 month later...

I actually liked the old logo better, and I like the older box design better, as well.

Not to mention, I really like my (old style) PS3 better than the new slims. I like the glossy design, and it does look a bit weird, but I think the newer style looks a bit cheap. Most people seem to like it, though.

I actually liked the old logo better, and I like the older box design better, as well.

Not to mention, I really like my (old style) PS3 better than the new slims. I like the glossy design, and it does look a bit weird, but I think the newer style looks a bit cheap. Most people seem to like it, though.

Mind posting a comparison as to what they look like now versus yours? :D

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

The Original PS3

ps340.jpg

The PS3 Slim

playstation-3-slim.jpg

Side By Side Comparisons

ps3-slim-comparison.jpg

checking-out-the-playstation-3-slim-20090818031155087-000.jpg

And I'm with you. There's just something about the glossy 2001-monolith look I enjoy thoroughly.

Archived