Australian Football League 2010

Primal

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're starting early... and starting bleh.

West Coast's new clash strip:

pclash20guernsey.jpgeaglesarticle200x0.jpg

*sigh*

To be worn away to the Dogs and Tigers.

It is just an attempt to replicate the beautiful Hawthorn away strip (and this is coming from a Swans supporter!!!). It isn't that bad looking at it from an individual standpoint though.

So, they've cross-bred an eagle with a giraffe, then?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Will only be worn with White shorts, and supposedly the back is one of their 'light' colours, so it should be either mostly Gold or mostly White.

From what you can see through the collar to the back it looks like the shoulders are Goldand the back is White.

Back is predominantly white with navy numbers...don't know how far the gold shoulders extend over.

The Eagles jumper isn't bad at all. I agree that the first thing that struck me was the similarity to Hawthorn's jumper, but it's good for a clash jumper.

I'd love to see Port switch to those black jumpers with the "V" neck. That's a great design, and probable the best of the "Planet Teal" promotions. The only things I would change would be to remove the Port logo from the navel area and bring the "V" back to the seam on the shoulders.

philly.png

• 2 weeks later...
The original 1991 Crows shield logo will return and be used in tandem with a new marketing logo featuring a “fiercer” Crow image.

"Fiercer" in quotes in right. That crow is smiling!

The original logo is iconic, I think. It would take something special to top that. The new one, while a little better defined, is not it.

philly.png

• 4 weeks later...

Mero has covered the new Brisbane logo here. The new jumper is yet to be made public but more than a few people are trying to make sure it never does.

ISC have released their catalogue for 2010 and they have a range of new stuff for AFL, NRL and S14.

Collar tweak for Geelong:

guernsey2010.jpg

St Kilda gets rid of their collar/cuff piping and introduce a pre-season jumper:

stkilda2010.png

And new ISC client Sydney gets a clash strip!

sydney2010.png

I like the new Saints preseason jumper. Not too out of the ordinary, and fits in well with the overall theme. I also like the Swans new jumper. Like Gazza said, it's a fairly logical step and isn't too out of the ordinary.

(I think it's funny, by the way, that Florida United still wear the old clash "pencil sketch" jumpers even though I think they've been phased out -- go figure).

As far as the furor over the Lions is concerned, I'll hold off judgment until the new jumper is unveiled. It'll be hard to top the iconic look that they currently wear, especially in light of the fact that said jumper will forever be connected to the glory years of this decade, but I don't think it's fair to get panties in ruffles until we see the new ones.)

philly.png

Archived