Australian Football League 2010

Primal

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, this is interesting. The Lions aren't getting sued because they ripped off their logo from somewhere; they're getting sued simply for having a new logo.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well, I just saw the Magpies training up here in the dome. It was awesome!

Hawthorn will be up that way too, spammy. They all go out there for altitude training.

I don't like the fact that Freo took the panels of the back -- I would think that would make it too plain. But that's just me.

The Lions thing is, well, stupid. I understand where Fitzroy is coming from, because the removal of Fitzroy's Lion is pretty much the removal of the last symbol of the old club (of course, they seem to forget that they have and will continue to sport the old Fitzroy colo(u)rs when they play in Melbourne). But still -- it's silly. If you didn't want to lose the old lion, then you shouldn't have sucked balls for half a century and merged with the Bears*.

*(yeah, I'm being a little over the top with that one, but you get the point)

philly.png

• 2 months later...

granted, they only have a real clash with one team (and you can make a weak case for two others), but the whites look nice in action.

for the uninitiated that stumble on this thread, that clash isn't with Carlton. ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The wash-up.

Adelaide new Home and Clash jumpers

Brisbane new Home and Clash jumpers

Carlton, no change

Collingwood Home jumpers appear to be going to to straight stripes, no adidas curved stripes.

Essendon, no change

Fremantle, Home loses shoulder colours, Clash loses pin striping

Geelong, new collars on Home jumpers, same with Clash, but also the hoops at back don't extend as far.

Hawthorn; no change

Melbourne. Darker Blue and Red, yoke doesn't extend as far.

North, Clug logo on Home and Clash is now below sponsors logo

Port; New Home and Away jumpers

Richmond; new Reebok collars on Home, Clash and Preseason

StKilda, New collars on Home & Clash, also new Preseason jumper used

Sydney; Home now has White extend further to the Back, new Clash jumper used

West Coast. New Away jumper

Western Bulldogs, new KooGa collars on Home and Clash jumpers

And that's without one-off jumpers like Anzac Day, Dreamtime at the G, Clash for Cancer and any other they can come up with.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• 2 months later...

100504_hodge246b.jpg

The Kokoda Game guernsey launched

10:03 AM Tue 04 May, 2010

Hawthorn Football Club has announced that the Club?s Round 10 match against the Swans at the MCG on Sunday 30 May 2010 will be named The Kokoda Game.

The Kokoda Game initiative will help raise awareness of the significance of the Kokoda Track in Australian war-time history and to raise funds for the Kokoda Track Foundation, which looks to support those who live along the Track today.

The entire Hawks squad launched The Kokoda Game match guernsey at a special training session at Waverley Park where Hawks President Jeff Kennett announced the initiative.

?The battle of Kokoda was one of the most significant battles in Australian war-time history,? said Kennett.

?Australians and Papua New Guineans fought side-by-side to protect Australian shores, and without the Fuzzy Wuzzy Angels we could not have successfully defended Papuan and Australian shores from Japanese advances.

?I was fortunate last year to retrace those steps along the Kokoda Track on our Club?s third trek, and this journey has become an important part of the cultural education of players, coaches, staff and the Board of our football Club.

?The Club deeply respects not only those who fought on the track, many of whom died, but we also deeply respect and admire the hospitality and generosity shown to us every time we return to the Track. This initiative is our way of returning, in part, the generosity and assistance to the young children of the Track with these education and health initiatives.?

Sydney Swans chief executive Andrew Ireland said the club was fully supportive of Hawthorn's plans.

"We think the Kokoda Game is a very worthwhile initiative and we're proud to be associated with it,'' Ireland said.

"Players from our Club have also trekked the Kokoda Track and it had a profound effect on those young men.

"We believe it's important that Australians are aware of the significance of the Kokoda Track and the hardship endured by all those who fought and died there.''

The Kokoda Game will embrace the values and qualities inscribed on the four black granite pillars at the Isurava Memorial in Papua New Guinea, which remember those Australian and Papua New Guineans who fought and those who died on the Kokoda Track.

The four pillars read: Courage, Endurance, Mateship and Sacrifice.

The Kokoda Foundation, chaired by historian and author Patrick Lindsay manages a series of much needed education and health programs along the Kokoda Track. In particular, the Kokoda Foundation delivers health support to the children of the Track, who often struggle to receive basic medical care. The Foundation also provides education to the children of the Track, a basic social need which is often denied through lack of funding.

Hawthorn Football Club, under Senior Coach Alastair Clarkson, has trekked the Kokoda Track on three occasions and the trip now forms an important part of the cultural induction of new players to the Club. Hawthorn has sent 124 Club representatives including coaches, players, board members, corporate partners and administrative staff on its three expeditions.

The Hawks? initial trip to Kokoda was supported by Hawthorn director Geoff Harris, who along with Club president Jeff Kennett, sought to bring a more significant recognition by the Club to the importance of not only the great sacrifices made by Australians and Papuans in the battles along the Kokoda Track in the Second World War, but to extend our collective hand of friendship and support to the families who live along the Track today.

One of Australia?s most important war-time battles was The Kokoda Track and Hawthorn Football Club and the Kokoda Track Foundation hope to continue to raise awareness of this important period in the history of Australia and Papua New Guinea and the brave nationals of both countries, many of whom gave their lives to protect our shores.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived