2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enough cap space to sign Backstrom to an extension and wiggle room for call-ups (Sloan and Carlson come to mind) from Hershey to be on the roster. Preceding this trade, the Caps signed Semin to a one year extension worth $6 million. Semin is a UFA after the 2010-2011 season.

Although I will be surprised at what GMGM (GM George McPhee) pulls out of thin air.

I think this trade was just to balance up the roster. Chris Clark was a good captain, and honestly this is a huge risk. This team has been going great guns lately and trading the captain is usually a statement to an under performing team. I hope it doesnt backfire but the team seems like theyve got a good room and theres really no lack of leadership. As has been mentioned, Ovie would make a good captain, but theyve got other guys who provide leadership like Brooks Laich, Mike Knuble, Tom Poti, and Brendan Morrison so I think they'll be fine, it just seems like kind of a head scratcher to trade your captain at this point of such a successful season thus far.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Jaroslav Halak stopped approximately 150 shots in the last 3 games. This earns him the NHL's first star of the week. Without him, the team would be nothing. The Habs may have got 3 wins, but their play was garbage in all 3 games.

Two slumping Alberta teams play one and another tonight, after last night's game and it wasn't even a badly played game and the result 5-1 was what happens if you get behind early. How can it get any worse?

Jerome Iginla could die.

Two slumping Alberta teams play one and another tonight, after last night's game and it wasn't even a badly played game and the result 5-1 was what happens if you get behind early. How can it get any worse?

Jerome Iginla could die.

That's exactly what I thought to say. :P

Hi, how are you?

Red Wings shut out again!

Music to my ears :)

THE 9-GAME LOSING STREAK IS OVER!!!!!

and I had a great seat. My girlfriend and I sat directly behind Steve Mason about ten rows up in the attack once end. I love that vantage point. For one, you never have to move your head and two, I got to see a hell of a performance from the reigning rookie of the year. I'm okay with that end because I'm one of those weird people that like watching defense. The winning goal was kinda hard to see from the other end, but I'm alright with that. Aside from finally ending the losing streak and Steve Mason looking like last season's Steve Mason, the best part was that the 6 thousand Red Wings fans in attendance had literally nothing to cheer about. I loved it because I hate when all the Red Wings fans (most of whom grew up in Columbus) come into our building and score and it sounds like a Red Wings home game. The atmosphere was really great despite the Blue Jackets recent struggles.

I was actually at the last Blue Jackets victory prior to tonight's game which was a 3-0 win over Florida. Maybe I should go more often, eh?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Somewhat off topic:

I noticed Columbus wore their whites at home again. They would look a lot better if they had blue pants. So would their blue jerseys (which are the better ones, imo).

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Somewhat off topic:

I noticed Columbus wore their whites at home again. They would look a lot better if they had blue pants. So would their jerseys (which are the better ones, imo).

sounds like a photoshop challenge

rick-nash2.jpgbluepants.png

I think you're right, but I don't think blue pants would look better with the blue jersey than red pants would. Perhaps they could go the Colorado Rockies route and use home and road pants.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Somewhat off topic:

I noticed Columbus wore their whites at home again. They would look a lot better if they had blue pants. So would their jerseys (which are the better ones, imo).

sounds like a photoshop challenge

rick-nash2.jpgbluepants.png

I think you're right, but I don't think blue pants would look better with the blue jersey than red pants would. Perhaps they could go the Colorado Rockies route and use home and road pants.

After doing some photoshoppery of my own, I must disagree with you, sir:

Rickynashhh.png

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Going into the third period of tonight's game, Martin Brodeur has a ridiculous shutout streak against the Penguins. He shut them out completely the last game (12/21), didn't allow a goal in periods 2 and 3 of the game before that (11/12), and hasn't allowed one in the first two periods tonight.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

Pens are on a bit of a slump, but no big deal. At least get enough wins in January and February to stay in 4th. Then go into the Olympic break. Then the annual March/April tear.

Archived