2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim Thomas is an awesome goalie. That man made some ridiculous saves tonight, only gave up one goal & completely shut out the Sharks in the shoot-out. It was crazy, I was watching the shootout & thinking "Wow, poor Sharks. They ain't gonna have much of a chance with Thomas playin like he is right now." Lo & behold, they didn't. Once again, Tim Thomas is an awesome goalie.

Β 

Β 

Their offense wasn't good last year either. They were, what, 21st in goals scored? 226-230 on the year? This is what happens when your fresh new goaltender stops looking like Brodeur and starts looking like Toskala. No seriously, last time I checked the closest player to Mason, statistically, was freakin' Vesa "Score on a 196-foot Clear" Toskala.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Caps laid a 6-1 beatdown on Toronto tonight on the backs of a 5 pt night from Alex Ovechkin. 1 goal, 4 assists. Now, I'd love to hear someone give me the argument one more time about how Ovechkin doesnt make his teammates better, again, just for laughs.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Caps laid a 6-1 beatdown on Toronto tonight on the backs of a 5 pt night from Alex Ovechkin. 1 goal, 4 assists. Now, I'd love to hear someone give me the argument one more time about how Ovechkin doesnt make his teammates better, again, just for laughs.

Ovechkin doesn't!!!!!!111!!111!!!! :upside:

Flames need scoring and they need it now. Anyone want a Defenseman who's been steadily going down hill since his rookie year?

Canucks already have Bieksa, thanks.

HOW DO YOU GET YOUR CALF SLASHED BY A SKATE NOT ONCE BUT TWICE IN A :censored: ING CAREER???

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Flames need scoring and they need it now. Anyone want a Defenseman who's been steadily going down hill since his rookie year?

Canucks already have Bieksa, thanks.

HOW DO YOU GET YOUR CALF SLASHED BY A SKATE NOT ONCE BUT TWICE IN A :censored: ING CAREER???

Distracted by thinking about how awesome he thinks he is?

He doesn't make them better per say. He gives them more opportunities to get points. If those players move to another team, their point production will drop.

1zqy8ok.gif

He doesn't make them better per say. He gives them more opportunities to get points. If those players move to another team, their point production will drop.

I am thinking you're not understanding the original statement.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I am thinking you're not understanding the original statement.

Well I understand that he's defending Ovechkin from posters before who said he shouldn't be capitain and he isn't as good as he is. Don is pointing out how dominant Ovechkin was last night, by not only scoring but allowing 4 others to score. I'm merely giving him the only possible answer to his (sarcastic) question.

In reality there's no doubt that Ovechkin makes everyone around him better, and that he is the best all-around player in the league currently.

1zqy8ok.gif

Their offense wasn't good last year either. They were, what, 21st in goals scored? 226-230 on the year? This is what happens when your fresh new goaltender stops looking like Brodeur and starts looking like Toskala. No seriously, last time I checked the closest player to Mason, statistically, was freakin' Vesa "Score on a 196-foot Clear" Toskala.

He has been a huge disappointment. This is how bad he's been: last year they had the worst power play and made the playoffs, while this year their power play is in the top ten and they're struggling to stay out of last place.

He's not their only problem though. They can't score 5 on 5 (when that was a strength last year) and their defense has been terrible this season. It's not all Hitchcock's fault, but I think he needs to go. He isn't good with the young players.

sidenote: I love these weekend matinee games. I wish the league would schedule more of them.

PvO6ZWJ.png

OH CRAP I FORGOT THANKS FOR REMINDING ME

I don't see how ditching Hitchcock really improves the team unless you know you have a better option waiting in the wings. If you want to abandon Hitchpuck for a faster and more open approach, you'll just get torched by teams that have more talented skaters than the Jackets do, which is pretty much everybody.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

OH CRAP I FORGOT THANKS FOR REMINDING ME

I don't see how ditching Hitchcock really improves the team unless you know you have a better option waiting in the wings. If you want to abandon Hitchpuck for a faster and more open approach, you'll just get torched by teams that have more talented skaters than the Jackets do, which is pretty much everybody.

So what's the difference? They're getting torched now playing the Hitchcock system. The players hate playing for him. You dump him now and you let the young guys work on their game and do their thing without fear of sitting their next shift or getting scratched or being sent back to Russia (Filatov). Guys like Chris Russell, Derek Brassard, Jake Voracek have not hit their potential and they won't under Ken Hitchcock because he's got a nasty word for them if they do anything wrong. They're not getting to the playoffs this year so they might as well work on next year's team. As far as replacements for Hitchcock go, there's nobody available now, but Gary Agnew could handle the interim job and then you spend the rest of the time until next training camp working on finding a coach that's a good fit.

I don't see how it improves the team to keep Ken Hitchcock around when all the players know that he's a lame-duck coach. They're just going to tune him out more than they already do the closer we get to the end of the season.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived