2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Laraque was bought out by the Canadiens today. Bad timing, Mr. Gainey.

Gainey's clueless. Laraque was the only physical presence on the team, and now he's gone. Sure the game is a lot more open now than 10 years ago, but you still need some sort of tough-guy.

Signing Colton Orr sure is doing wonders for Toronto...oh wait...

Laraque and his type are being phased out of the game, he's upset about it, but big deal. Get your other guys to take the body and stick up for each other and they'll be fine. The Caps dont have an enforcer and people have been screaming for one but they dont need one, they got plenty of guys who can play and drop the gloves if need be. Besides, Laraque is worthless in the playoffs (if they make it) so why keep that salary when its going to be a big waste? He makes 1.5 mil, way too much for a guy who plays a min a game and is scratched on most nights. Get some size (which the Habs desperately need) and some physicality but guys like Laraque are being phased out and the league will be better for it.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't even beat the 14th team in the Western Conference. The lack of heart that the Boston Bruins are showing is just unbelievable.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Round 1 goes to the Caps with a 6-3 victory over the Pens. It was a tough team win and definitely a measuring stick between the two teams. I look forward to the next battle on February 7th.

Im happy for the win, but i'll take a playoff series victory vs these clowns any day of the week.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Poor effort from the pens in the third. The Craps got two fast goals and they just never recovered. Like a team defeated, they panicked, became one dimensional and played right into Washington's hands. Nonetheless a great first 40 minutes to this game.

I'll blame it on the fact that the pens just have some problems they need worked out.

You have won the battle, but not the war.

oBIgzrL.png

Man, Alex Auld, what were you thinking.

Also, I heard something about Laraque only having fought four times this year? Not surprising he got bought out if that is the case. Older heavyweights who don't actually fight aren't worth the salary cap space.

Gainey's clueless. Laraque was the only physical presence on the team, and now he's gone. Sure the game is a lot more open now than 10 years ago, but you still need some sort of tough-guy.

Laraque and his type are being phased out of the game, he's upset about it, but big deal. Get your other guys to take the body and stick up for each other and they'll be fine. The Caps dont have an enforcer and people have been screaming for one but they dont need one, they got plenty of guys who can play and drop the gloves if need be. Besides, Laraque is worthless in the playoffs (if they make it) so why keep that salary when its going to be a big waste? He makes 1.5 mil, way too much for a guy who plays a min a game and is scratched on most nights. Get some size (which the Habs desperately need) and some physicality but guys like Laraque are being phased out and the league will be better for it.

And who do you suppose can step up and take the body? We have great first and second lines, but no third or fourth lines to speak of. The only person seemingly capable of taking the body is Pouliot, and we need him to score goals. Gainy has built this team solely on speed and skill and has neglected size.

1zqy8ok.gif

I fully understand that Pavol Demitra hasn't played a meaningful hockey game in about a year or so. But really, Mister Demitra, you look really lost out there. Is there no rule that Mike Gillis could have exploited to get you some meaningful rehab time in Winnipeg while waiting for you to get your legs and hands back?

$4M a year for 50 games and 40 points is not money well-spent.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Can't even beat the 14th team in the Western Conference. The lack of heart that the Boston Bruins are showing is just unbelievable.

hehe. Sorry. You were unfortunate enough to actually catch Steve Mason on a good night.

Maybe they played well because all the Blue Jacket fathers were in attendance.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I was at the game in SJ last week and thought that maybe that win might start a turnaround. Team played well and hard despite injuries and Thomas was fantastic in net all night. Then they blow a 3rd period lead in LA 2 days later and crap the bed at home v Ottawa. They look like they are trying to get 2 lottery picks this year, not just Toronto's.

Savvy should be back next week. Maybe that will right the ship.

And who do you suppose can step up and take the body? We have great first and second lines, but no third or fourth lines to speak of. The only person seemingly capable of taking the body is Pouliot, and we need him to score goals. Gainy has built this team solely on speed and skill and has neglected size.

Not saying you have the personnel, just saying that if theyre only going to play him 6-7 minutes a game, whats the point of having him? Thats a coaching and a managing fail. Gainey is right in where you dont necessarily have to have an enforcer, but size is necessary and he seemed to build a team of hobbits. Why does he still have a job again? I thought the Habs had a legacy to restore...

Poor effort from the pens in the third. The Craps got two fast goals and they just never recovered. Like a team defeated, they panicked, became one dimensional and played right into Washington's hands. Nonetheless a great first 40 minutes to this game.

I'll blame it on the fact that the pens just have some problems they need worked out.

As I said earlier, its nice to win this game, anytime we can beat Pittsburgh its nice, but it aint a real victory till its in May.

As I said earlier, its nice to win this game, anytime we can beat Pittsburgh its nice, but it aint a real victory till its in May.

But we all know how that always works out for you guys... :P

oBIgzrL.png

I was at the game in SJ last week and thought that maybe that win might start a turnaround. Team played well and hard despite injuries and Thomas was fantastic in net all night. Then they blow a 3rd period lead in LA 2 days later and crap the bed at home v Ottawa. They look like they are trying to get 2 lottery picks this year, not just Toronto's.

They really need Savard back ASAP. Not only is he their best playmaker, but he brings a ton of intensity to the team - an intensity that so far, Milan Lucic hasn't been able to bring, thanks to his injury. They just need another solid goalscorer, and then they'll be a threat again. I'm hoping they can pick up Ray Whitney from Carolina, depending on the price, of course.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

They really need Savard back ASAP. Not only is he their best playmaker, but he brings a ton of intensity to the team - an intensity that so far, Milan Lucic hasn't been able to bring, thanks to his injury. They just need another solid goalscorer, and then they'll be a threat again. I'm hoping they can pick up Ray Whitney from Carolina, depending on the price, of course.

Well they can mix and match a package with the draft picks they acquired from Toronto.

Archived