2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Sharks are currently laying an absolute ass whuppin on the Flames. They're up 9-1, 8 different players have scored (some of the guys haven't scored in what seems like ages [Ortmeyer, Nichol, & Clowe come to mind], freaking Rob Blake scored, & Dany Heatley got his as well, getting 2. Marleau didn't, go figure.), they've outshot Calgary 45-21 and basically dominated every facet of the game.

Also surprising to see that this came against Kipper, that's one of the last guys I'd expect to see get pulled in a game like this...but it happened, & the Sharks had a red light special tonight. It was nuts.

Also, Alberta got outscored 15-1 tonight.

Something I've come to expect from this team and it all boils down to Mr. Sutter up stairs. Things will only get worse before they get better.

Perhaps Mr. Sutter's perpetual abuse/neglect of his minor league system is finally coming home to roost.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sharks are currently laying an absolute ass whuppin on the Flames. They're up 9-1, 8 different players have scored (some of the guys haven't scored in what seems like ages [Ortmeyer, Nichol, & Clowe come to mind], freaking Rob Blake scored, & Dany Heatley got his as well, getting 2. Marleau didn't, go figure.), they've outshot Calgary 45-21 and basically dominated every facet of the game.

Also surprising to see that this came against Kipper, that's one of the last guys I'd expect to see get pulled in a game like this...but it happened, & the Sharks had a red light special tonight. It was nuts.

Also, Alberta got outscored 15-1 tonight.

Something I've come to expect from this team and it all boils down to Mr. Sutter up stairs. Things will only get worse before they get better.

Perhaps Mr. Sutter's perpetual abuse/neglect of his minor league system is finally coming home to roost.

Not to mention poor drafting that won't help that minor league system anytime soon (I don't see Greg Nemisz or Tim Erixon turning into big time players), He's a better Coach then he is a General Manager.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I live 20 miles from Abbotsford, and I have no idea. Since they're a Flames affiliate, there is NO coverage on Vancouver Sports Radio.

They do, however, broadcast every Manitoba Moose game. Go figure.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I live 20 miles from Abbotsford, and I have no idea. Since they're a Flames affiliate, there is NO coverage on Vancouver Sports Radio.

They do, however, broadcast every Manitoba Moose game. Go figure.

Canucks fans care about Canucks prospects, not Flames Prospects. That's pretty much why.

Looks like the Heat are averaging around 3800 a game attendance. Stadium holds 6,653.

Caps were dominated tonight by Detroit, but Theodore was up to the task, Backstrom and Steckel score 46 seconds apart in the 3rd to push us past Detroit. Whatta game. Detroit frustrated us all night long getting their sticks in lanes, creating turnovers, they played almost perfect defensive hockey, but Theodore kept us in the game and we pulled it out.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Caps were dominated tonight by Detroit, but Theodore was up to the task, Backstrom and Steckel score 46 seconds apart in the 3rd to push us past Detroit. Whatta game. Detroit frustrated us all night long getting their sticks in lanes, creating turnovers, they played almost perfect defensive hockey, but Theodore kept us in the game and we pulled it out.

Passed one test, now a much bigger test on Thursday.

Hey, how is that Abbotsford team doing, anyway?

The Rivermen dread playing them, at the least.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Looks like the Heat are averaging around 3800 a game attendance. Stadium holds 6,653.

That's stunning. There must be a crapload of comps/"distributed tickets" going around. Otherwise I'd figure them to be neck-and-neck with Lowell. Not that it matters, mind you, as come 2011, the Flames will pull out in search of a new market to poison.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The AHL seems like it requires such a delicate balance that its equivalent, AAA baseball, does not. With baseball, it seems like AAA teams just go about their business as waystations, and as long as they put on a decent spectacle and make sure the stadium isn't collapsing, they'll draw modest enough crowds to pay the bills. Not so with the AHL. The league and fans don't seem quite so resigned to its status as the second circuit, because the Bears and Amerks have been around forever, the Wolves have been wildly successful, and the Moose serve a market that ought to be in the bigs. There are teams in AAA that do better at existing in and of themselves than others, like the Memphis Redbirds in their nice downtown park, but I don't sense the same vast continuum of purposes that the AHL teams have.

Calgary has gotten a lot of crap, rightfully so, for the way they've salted the earth in Saint John, Omaha, the Quad Cities, and inevitably Abbotsford, but their philosophy that the AHL team exists solely to develop NHLers doesn't seem that wrong. Rather, their failure seems to be running such a bare-bones operation that there's no incentive for anyone to buy tickets. It's not like the Calgary Flames have significant American territory to capitalize upon with a farm team. They're a mystery. Also, if the Flames talk such a big game about the primacy of developing players over fielding a competitive team or producing affordable entertainment, then why the hell does Calgary's prospect pipeline suck so much ass? It looks like the Devils are running the same scheme up in Lowell, but they're ruining a perfect AHL midsized northeastern town.

Conversely, you have the Chicago Wolves. Who in their right mind would ever want to affiliate themselves with the Wolves? Right now, it's Atlanta, and to nobody's surprise, Atlanta does a crap job of developing its prospects because the Wolves don't give a damn about their nominal "parent club" and their developmental plans. They advertise, they televise, they play in an almost-NHL-sized arena, they play to win for themselves rather than to develop for others. They're a reasonable facsimile of an NHL team (out of necessity from 1997-2007), and it's paid dividends for Don Levin and the team's fans, but they're hamstringing Atlanta kind of like how the Flames did to Moline. Maybe we need a 32-team AHL with the Wolves and a second team as independents.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Conversely, you have the Chicago Wolves. Who in their right mind would ever want to affiliate themselves with the Wolves? Right now, it's Atlanta, and to nobody's surprise, Atlanta does a crap job of developing its prospects because the Wolves don't give a damn about their nominal "parent club" and their developmental plans. They advertise, they televise, they play in an almost-NHL-sized arena, they play to win for themselves rather than to develop for others. They're a reasonable facsimile of an NHL team (out of necessity from 1997-2007), and it's paid dividends for Don Levin and the team's fans, but they're hamstringing Atlanta kind of like how the Flames did to Moline. Maybe we need a 32-team AHL with the Wolves and a second team as independents.

Very true about the Wolves putting themselves first. However, I'd say at least an equal part of the blame for Atlanta's perpetual failures lay with Atlanta, and the fact that Don Waddell is a proven horrible GM. Outside of goaltending, the Thrashers haven't put much legitimate top-tier talent in the pipeline, and what they have had usually ends up not being in Atlanta for long (Kurtis Foster). The Wolves take a bunch of middling talent handed to them, plug in a few key veterans, and turn the whole thing into success on a fairly regular basis - a concept apparently elusive to Waddell. And remember, during the waning years of the IHL, the Wolves made two straight trips to the finals despite being the Islanders' affiliate right in the middle of the Reign of Milbury.

Holy crap the Sens beat the Hawks! To be fair, that Hawks team didn't seem like themselves last night. Huet was underwhelming at best. Still, a solid effort by the Senators earns them their 4th straight victory.

Maybe we can do the same tomorrow night. <_<

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

There has been a lot of talk in the Detroit media here that the Wings may move to the Palace for 2 seasons while a new rink gets built.

-Dan

I anxiously await Viper Throwback Night.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived