2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

That Blackhawks/Red Wings game was pure awesome.

Can't say I like the outcome but holy christ, that was a fun game. Too bad Jimmy Howard :censored: the bed in the shootout, wasted a couple fantastic goals by Datsyuk and Bertuzzi(?!).

Both of Detroit's shootout goals were stunners. I figured the Hawks were done for after that Bertuzzi one.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite part of the game was how they didn't show the Red Wings tying the game because Pierre McGuire was too busy talking over Antti Niemi highlights. Should've disallowed the goal on a tree-falls-in-the-forest principle.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So, did anyone else see Ron Maclean's attempted hatchet job on Alex Burrows last night? It was so bad that Colin Campbell ended up defending the Canucks at some points. I've lost what little respect I had for Maclean, he ought to just wear a refs uniform on the set and say "officials are infallible saints whose work can never be questioned"

I dont know what Burrows past incidents have to do with this particular one? Either Auger was out to get him or he wasnt, simple as that. Personally, I think the NHL should not have disciplined either party, it was basically a he said/he said and it should have been left at that. Maclean did just take Burrows' resume and smear it out there for all of Canada to see and there was no reason for that.

Yeah exactly, many of those incidents he ran had no relevance, and he even brought up a completely fictional event of Burrows apparently having an incident with a fan in Dallas. I mean, I'm a pretty rabid Canucks fan and I've never even heard of that. Fortunately, Alain Vigneault gave a great defence of Burrows on After Hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfZikaG0MFU"]Youtube

Interestingly, I never noticed that Auger winked at Burrows after the last call until I watched that segment. Also, papers today were reporting that Burrows relayed what Auger said to him to Andrew Raycroft, who the NHL didn't bother to talk to.

On to more positive things, I'm getting more and more impressed with how much the Canucks are scoring with not the greatest offensive depth, and how good a job they've done shutting down the star players of other teams lately (Ovechkin, Iginla, Crosby, etc). If Demitra can contribute anything for the rest of the season, they're looking pretty good. A little more toughness would be a bonus if they could add someone.

Ottawa FINALLY beat Boston today. Too bad it wasn't televised.

Alfie with the natural hattie. From what I heard it was a good game from the Senators. Though I doubt we're a threat for the cup it's great to see this team play well. I'll just ignore the fact that the goaltending is going to give out soon.

Hi, how are you?

Senators are a safely middling team and probably won't suffer much Olympic fatigue. If they get timely good goaltending, there's no reason why they can't make the final.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Why would the CBC do a hatchet job on the Vancouver Canucks when they loved them last spring for being CANADA'S LAST BEST HOPE

Well, Maclean seems to think he's a real referee (as opposed to just some amateur), so he goes out of his way to defend them. Also, the NHL probably asked CBC to do them a favour. They basically tried to make Burrows look like a cross between Sean Avery and Jack the Ripper.

It's simple PR, defame the aggrieved person, raise irrelvant issues to distract and divert attention from the potential crack in the integrity of NHL officiating.

You know though, seeing that all they can fine a player is $2500 for criticizing refs, I wonder if we're start to see more players do it. $2500 is chump change to these guys.

Senators are a safely middling team and probably won't suffer much Olympic fatigue. If they get timely good goaltending, there's no reason why they can't make the final.

What is this timely goaltending you speak of?

Acquiring Ryan Miller AND Evgeni Nabokov at the trading deadline.

Sharks are currently laying an absolute ass whuppin on the Flames. They're up 9-1, 8 different players have scored (some of the guys haven't scored in what seems like ages [Ortmeyer, Nichol, & Clowe come to mind], freaking Rob Blake scored, & Dany Heatley got his as well, getting 2. Marleau didn't, go figure.), they've outshot Calgary 45-21 and basically dominated every facet of the game.

Also surprising to see that this came against Kipper, that's one of the last guys I'd expect to see get pulled in a game like this...but it happened, & the Sharks had a red light special tonight. It was nuts.

Also, Alberta got outscored 15-1 tonight.

So, I don't see Buffalo play much. Is their success as simple as Ryan Miller having a Hart and Vezina worth season? I had a look at their team stats, and I was surprised at just how low their goal scoring is. Not a single guy in the top 20 scorers in the league.

Sharks are currently laying an absolute ass whuppin on the Flames. They're up 9-1, 8 different players have scored (some of the guys haven't scored in what seems like ages [Ortmeyer, Nichol, & Clowe come to mind], freaking Rob Blake scored, & Dany Heatley got his as well, getting 2. Marleau didn't, go figure.), they've outshot Calgary 45-21 and basically dominated every facet of the game.

Also surprising to see that this came against Kipper, that's one of the last guys I'd expect to see get pulled in a game like this...but it happened, & the Sharks had a red light special tonight. It was nuts.

Also, Alberta got outscored 15-1 tonight.

Something I've come to expect from this team and it all boils down to Mr. Sutter up stairs. Things will only get worse before they get better.

And at least Kipper wasn't the only Elite tender to get the Yank tonight. Thomas, Backstrom, Brodeur and more.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

In some more scary news New Jersey Devils prospect and WJHC Team Canada Captain Patrice Cormier threw a nasty elbow to Rouyn-Noranda defensemen Mikael Tam that gave him convulsions on the ice and sent him to hospital. Tam is in Hospital with Brain Trauma and some broken teeth but should be released Tuesday.

Cormier was suspended indefintly and what made it worse was the Cormier came right off the bench and went right at Tam.

Video: http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip256905#clip256713

Article: http://tsn.ca/chl/story/?id=306706#

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

In some more scary news New Jersey Devils prospect and WJHC Team Canada Captain Patrice Cormier threw a nasty elbow to Rouyn-Noranda defensemen Mikael Tam that gave him convulsions on the ice and sent him to hospital. Tam is in Hospital with Brain Trauma and some broken teeth but should be released Tuesday.

Cormier was suspended indefintly and what made it worse was the Cormier came right off the bench and went right at Tam.

Woah woah woah, Mr. Cormier... Slow your roll...

...save that s**t for the Rangers.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Woah woah woah, Mr. Cormier... Slow your roll...

...save that s**t for the Rangers.

or the Flyers

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

You guys assume he'll still have a career when it's all said and done.

I assume nothing... was making a joke of the player's goonish behavior.

The comment was not made to be taken with literal interpretation. I apologize if i have confused you.

P.S. What the hell is happening with the Devils? We shouldn't be schooled like that by the 1980-81 Islanders, nevermind these chumps. I don't wanna see a slide going into the Olympic Break...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived