Hokies in Black?

pagan696

heard on the sportstalk today, the Hokie coach mentioned "the defense finally earned the right to wear the black Ts, they had to earn that right".

so is that out of the norm?

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Is it wrong to harbor some fear of what this might actually allude to?

VT is a Nike-sponsored program, after all...just saying.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

heard on the sportstalk today, the Hokie coach mentioned "the defense finally earned the right to wear the black Ts, they had to earn that right".

I think it is a shot at Nebraska as they used to refer to their defense as "The Blackshirts" when they were more successful.

I think it is a shot at Nebraska as they used to refer to their defense as "The Blackshirts" when they were more successful.

We still do.

We still do.

Well, just be sure to sit by your TV have your lunchpail next to you to mock VT Saturday.

We still do.

Well, just be sure to sit by your TV have your lunchpail next to you to mock VT Saturday.

Can I have a physical talisman that is an allegory for special teams play instead?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Was it me (or already discussed) but didn't VT wear a retro maroon helmet/gray mask with the retro whites last game? I know they had the retro white helmets and also wore the retro white/white combo with the current helmet last year.

KISSwall09.jpg

Was it me (or already discussed) but didn't VT wear a retro maroon helmet/gray mask with the retro whites last game? I know they had the retro white helmets and also wore the retro white/white combo with the current helmet last year.

VT wore their normal helmet with the throwback white on white unis last year.

midsize_photo48defb3e80d13026547090.jpg

CNBtE.png

No, they did. And they were BEAUTIFUL!

a77c0255-7776-493d-8be6-4ab238a8ef64.jpg

eb203945-c292-46d9-a271-08898b56f48a.jpg

7681696b-7697-4179-86d9-79942209c43f.jpg

No, they did. And they were BEAUTIFUL!

eb203945-c292-46d9-a271-08898b56f48a.jpg

That is an awfully nice look, overall, if you ignore the way the shoulder stripes only go part of the way around and stop.

That is an awfully nice look, overall, if you ignore the way the shoulder stripes only go part of the way around and stop.

You know, I've been meaning to comment on this "stripes don't wrap around" argument. I don't see what the big deal is. I mean, if the helmet stripes abruptly stop at the edges, and the pant stripes stop at a flat edge, then why does it THAT big of a deal if the shoulder stripes stop at a flat edge? If anything, I like the shoulder stripes this way because it creates consistency throughout the entire uniform.

(gets down and looks for cover)

You know, I've been meaning to comment on this "stripes don't wrap around" argument. I don't see what the big deal is. I mean, if the helmet stripes abruptly stop at the edges, and the pant stripes stop at a flat edge, then why does it THAT big of a deal if the shoulder stripes stop at a flat edge? If anything, I like the shoulder stripes this way because it creates consistency throughout the entire uniform.

Oh yeah I don't have a problem with it at all, especially b/c it keeps consistency between QBs and lineman, with how the stripes would stop at the cuffs the way the lineman wear them.

6fQjS3M.png

Oh yeah I don't have a problem with it at all, especially b/c it keeps consistency between QBs and lineman, with how the stripes would stop at the cuffs the way the lineman wear them.

To me, it just looks so incredibly cheap. Of all the "adaptions" the modern jersey cut has forced onto older design elements, this is the one that most gets under my skin.

I disagree 100%. The helmet and pants stripes don't stop abruptly, they cover the entire length of the area they have. If they matched the jersey, the helmet stripe would have to stop halfway around the back of the helmet and the pants stripes would only go from below the belt to the top of the knee pads.The jerseys use cheapness as an excuse by following the template of the shoulder mesh. There is no reason Nike/Reebok/Adidas can't design a template that has a specific place for a shoulder stripe. Even if they can't design that, they could easily sew a thin layer of the striping over the various layers (shoulder, body, sleeves).

Look at the Chargers before they destroyed their look. In throwbacks or normal unis, they never gave in to the cheapness of Reebok, and always looked good. The striping area on the linemen went all the way down to their sleeve cuffs. Jerseys get smaller and smaller every year, but even in Monday night's throwback game, not a single Charger had the white section truncate at the shoulders.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Pant stripes do stop abruptly. They stop going in to the tucked jersey. The helmet stripes stop going in to the rubber piece on the front and back. The half stripe, and that uniform in general is great. That helmet by itself would be ugly but it's perfect with that uniform.

I think part of the ire of this shoulder "stripe" style is that it looks like someone just stuck three pieces of colored tape over the top of the jersey. Those don't really work with that particular jersey style (the cut, in other words).

As for that second picture, there is a very easy solution: extend the shoulder stripes down to the armhole cuff. There's enough space to do that. I believe several of the NY Jets' jerseys are tailored the way I just described. I have yet to see any Colts jerseys with shoulder loops that come anywhere close to being "mostly" closed up.

I've studied very closely the various jersey cuts/styles over the years, including the "sports bra" style Nike unveiled a few years ago (that has so many panels it's ridiculous). If Nike can take the time to do all that, they can take teh time to tailor shoulder loops to look like, well, shoulder loops instead of strips of tape.

But...it is what it is. I don't particularly like it, but, it ain't like I can do anything about it, either.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

O NOES!!! DEY IZ GUNNA WERE BLACK!!!!

GAWD DAMMIT!

NIKE IZ DA ANTECRIST!!!11111

QFT. People take the black thing too seriously.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived