Strange reason given for wearing brown pants

Blue Falcon

I think the Browns are at the stage where their pants are not the difference between winning and losing.

Really??? I would have guessed that a uniform was the reason why teams won and lost.

The Browns need a QB BADLY, if they ever want to win some games (no matter what they are wearing). Brady Quinn is not the answer and never will be. He has a weak arm and looks scared or afraid to make a mistake. A typical overhyped, overrated Notre Damer.

I think the Browns are at the stage where their pants are not the difference between winning and losing.

Really??? I would have guessed that a uniform was the reason why teams won and lost.

The Browns need a QB BADLY, if they ever want to win some games (no matter what they are wearing). Brady Quinn is not the answer and never will be. He has a weak arm and looks scared or afraid to make a mistake. A typical overhyped, overrated Notre Damer.

Personally I think Quinn is one of those guys where if he had a coach who said 'thats our guy come what may' he would do pretty well. If I were the Browns GM I would trade Anderson, improve the line and get on with it. Wearing white pants.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I said this the day we drafted Quinn, and I'll say it again. He is garbage. He was overrated at ND, but of course the Browns picked him up, because they are terrible at drafting. There is a reason all of those teams passed on him in the first round.

T1oYViW.png

If I were the Browns GM I would trade Anderson, improve the line and get on with it.

Improving an offensive line isn't something you just kinda "do." Quality offensive linemen are a limited commodity. Also, Anderson is a better quarterback than NOW I'M DONE is, so you'd be trading the wrong guy.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I said this the day we drafted Quinn, and I'll say it again. He is garbage. He was overrated at ND, but of course the Browns picked him up, because they are terrible at drafting. There is a reason all of those teams passed on him in the first round.

The kid dropped like a rock and Savage felt he was getting a deal. Well the others must have known something he didn't.

Back to the pants.

Paul Brown didn't even like the brown jerseys. Just think how he would feel about the pants.

I like the white on white look with the striped socks. The orange pants were cool too.

Orange or brown pants all day. I don't mind the white pants for the throwbacks, but other than that, I like a little variety. I would love to see the orange pants once or twice a year. They bring back good memories, because I remember when the Browns beat the Steelers on national television with those orange pants on. Plus, they wore the orange pants in the Kardiac Kids era, one of the only high points in Browns history since their 40's-50's dynasty.

T1oYViW.png

brown pants one the white jersey, as a change of pace...

orange pants on the brown jersey, as a change of pace...

white pants for both for equal amounts of time as their colorful counterparts.

the perfect browns setup.

I can't believe that in this era of branding, merchandising, and marketing, that a coach can have any say as to what is worn on the field.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Found this on the Browns' chat board: "The Browns intend to wear brown pants and white jerseys on the road all season. Mangini said he decided on the radical look because he thought it looked good "and the guys felt the same way." Players also find the brown pants more comfortable and less restrictive because of the absence of a stripe down the legs."

Anyone ever heard of stripes on the pants not being comfortable before?? :therock:

Strangely, Brady Quinn mentioned it during the preseason - that the stripe was somehow restrictive. This appears to be the party line with the team. So if they go 0-8 at home, you know, uh, blame the stripes on their pants.

If we even win a game...

6fQjS3M.png

On a somewhat related note; how about Alex Mack?

He sure is doing well...

Not!

terrible snaps all day, every game so far.

Caused atleast 2 of our fumbles this season.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I can't believe that in this era of branding, merchandising, and marketing, that a coach can have any say as to what is worn on the field.

You make a good point, especially considering that an NFL coach can't even have any say as to what he wears on the field.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On a somewhat related note; how about Alex Mack?

He sure is doing well...

Not!

terrible snaps all day, every game so far.

Caused atleast 2 of our fumbles this season.

Well he did better than the TWO receivers we drafted that just stood on the sideline! Cribbs is not a good receiver and should be used only for wildcat and special teams...

You make a good point, especially considering that an NFL coach can't even have any say as to what he wears on the field.

Does anyone sell the pants though??

It did slightly amuse me the other year when there was a slight trend for coaches wearing coats and ties on the sidelines and reebok brought out a suit and a tie for each of the teams whose coaches did that!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Does anyone sell the pants though??

It did slightly amuse me the other year when there was a slight trend for coaches wearing coats and ties on the sidelines and reebok brought out a suit and a tie for each of the teams whose coaches did that!!

No, they don't sell pants, but they're still a big part of the overall look and identity of the team. For example, if the Seahawks had a huge "be blue" marketing campaign, where everything they did was blue, and everything they sold was blue, etc., the marketing people may have a little bit of a problem if the team came out in white pants, or if the coach decided to dress them in white on white at home. These things are way bigger than the coach, who is essentially (in most cases - Andy Reid in Phila. is one of the exceptions) simply another employee.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived