What About Next Year?

Kakis

I think that there are way too many red and black teams in the league. Right now you have Calgary, Carolina, Chicago, Buffalo, New Jersey, Ottawa. That's six by my count. Six is way too many for one league considering baseball has just one(Cincinnati) We all know buffalo is changing colors next year, so they are gone from the mix.

here is my list of the red black teams that should change and to what, in order to allow the casual fan to not get confused when he sees the abundance of red and black skating in the NHL

1 Ottawa go back to black jersey's with no white on them those were badass, keep the aways the same

2 Carolina Switch to black as well, as previously suggested

3 Calgary Eliminate black entirely switch to red and yellow

chicago and new jersey should stay the same since they have such classic designs

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that there are way too many red and black teams in the league. Right now you have Calgary, Carolina, Chicago, Buffalo, New Jersey, Ottawa. That's six by my count. Six is way too many for one league considering baseball has just one(Cincinnati) We all know buffalo is changing colors next year, so they are gone from the mix.

here is my list of the red black teams that should change and to what, in order to allow the casual fan to not get confused when he sees the abundance of red and black skating in the NHL

1 Ottawa go back to black jersey's with no white on them those were badass, keep the aways the same

2 Carolina Switch to black as well, as previously suggested

3 Calgary Eliminate black entirely switch to red and yellow

chicago and new jersey should stay the same since they have such classic designs

well, with buffalo, red is a really minor element in their scheme, exept for that alternate (NEEDS BLUE!)

Well back to the original topic, I really hope the Pens don't get a blue alternate (though I'm sure they'll get some kind) because I don't think you could ask for a worse compliment to black and gold. Their look now is gorgeous. Other teams to bet on getting an alternate next season (if for no other reason than they don't already have one <_< ):

Carolina

Phoenix

Tampa Bay

And let us hope St. Louis, Montreal, New Jersey and Detroit don't give into the temptation of being trendy....

I also think that Minnesota, Nashville, Anaheim, Colorado, and the Islanders should just drop theirs, and for the love of Zambonis I wish Philly would just go back to the orange home jerseys, the black ones just blow....

And let us hope St. Louis, Montreal, New Jersey and Detroit don't give into the temptation of being trendy....

I also think that Minnesota, Nashville, Anaheim, Colorado, and the Islanders should just drop theirs, and for the love of Zambonis I wish Philly would just go back to the orange home jerseys, the black ones just blow....

Don't worry about thsoe teams, they're not going to give in, and if those teams suddenly misplace their alternates, well i'm not going to miss them.

I think having an alternate just for the sake of having an alternate uniform isn't right, an alternate should be a worthwhile attempt to construct another idenity for the team, or a chance to use another colour predominantly int eh scheme (ala Chicago) or go to a traditional, tribute uniform. throwing one out for the sake of it (Islanders), just don't bother, those suck ball

I think having an alternate just for the sake of having an alternate uniform isn't right, an alternate should be a worthwhile attempt to construct another idenity for the team, or a chance to use another colour predominantly int eh scheme (ala Chicago) or go to a traditional, tribute uniform. throwing one out for the sake of it (Islanders), just don't bother, those suck ball

Amen brother, I completely agree. I am a big fan of alternates that are completely off the wall and different, like Atlanta, Edmonton, Dallas and Boston, as well as traditional ones like Chicago. But I am just sick of the half-assed pieces of crap teams like the Islanders and Ducks put out.

AND THAT IS 500 SUCKA!!

I THINK THE BRUINS 3RD JERSEY IS A TERRIBLE DISAPPOINTMENT. THE BEAR LOOKS LIKE IT WAS MADE BY FAO SCHWARTZ. THE UNIFORM DESIGN IS TERRIBLE. I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO SEEN A TRADITIONAL STYLE JERSEY FEATURING A FEROCIOUS LOOKING BEAR. INSTEAD THEY GAVE US A TRADITIONAL LOOKING BEAR ON AN UNTRADTIONAL STYLE JERSEY. MUST HAVE HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH SINDEN. IT ALWAYS COMES BACK TO SINDEN.

I THINK THE BRUINS 3RD JERSEY IS A TERRIBLE DISAPPOINTMENT. THE BEAR LOOKS LIKE IT WAS MADE BY FAO SCHWARTZ. THE UNIFORM DESIGN IS TERRIBLE. I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO SEEN A TRADITIONAL STYLE JERSEY FEATURING A FEROCIOUS LOOKING BEAR. INSTEAD THEY GAVE US A TRADITIONAL LOOKING BEAR ON AN UNTRADTIONAL STYLE JERSEY. MUST HAVE HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH SINDEN. IT ALWAYS COMES BACK TO SINDEN.

Wow that is a lot of capital letters. My eyes hurt.

Back to the topic though. That Bruin bear definitely needs a makeover. Maybe Nitro or Roz or Sterling could come up with a more ferocious bear for that jersey. It just looks too docile and stupid for the jagged jersey. It's like putting Mickey Mouse on a jersey covered in skulls or something. Just doesn't sit right.

Hey, I just hope there are TEAMS to wear jerseys next fall. My guess is that we won't see much of any changes to uniforms for next fall other than those that have already been confirmed or otherwise discovered by our intrepid band of intelligence gatherers. I would certainly hope that the NHL teams are concentrating more on getting the CBA situation resolved than worrying about third jerseys.

Bah! yhollander and your realism. Enough!

ANyone have any idea if teams keep alternates multiple seasons? Will we see blue thrasher's jerseys next year? - I mean, on the ice.. i kNOW i'll see mine in my closet, on myself, and the thousands of others in the stands.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Bah! yhollander and your realism. Enough!

ANyone have any idea if teams keep alternates multiple seasons? Will we see blue thrasher's jerseys next year? - I mean, on the ice.. i kNOW i'll see mine in my closet, on myself, and the thousands of others in the stands.

Aack paynomind you own one of those!??!?!

*shudder*

Many teams do keep their jerseys for multiple seasons if they go over well with the fans. I know the Rangers ahve worn their third for years because the fans love it.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

actually ruth be known the penguins were going to do a blue one this past year they even did promo shots with Lemieux for it... but alas the jersey was scrapped.... im not sure it it was a throw back or just an third though

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

GMac do you have any pics of Mario in those blue thirds? I hadn't heard anything about the plan and I'm interested in seeing what they looked like.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

those...i associate those with Alexander Daigle and the years that the Sens were a complete joke. I never want to see it again, and if they dumped the white jersey right now i wouldn't miss it for a second.

Long Live the Swoosh! :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Ottawa Swoosh Jersey = WORST JERSEY EVER!

Even worse than the Bruins third...

Agreed.

what i find amazing is that this swoosh jersey took off and became popular and the kings swoosh was criticized and dropped like a hot potato.... and the factis i liked that jersey... the scowling king and the swoosh were innovative... wouldnt want them to wear them every day like the senators but they were a welcome break...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

what i find amazing is that this swoosh jersey took off and became popular and the kings swoosh was criticized and dropped like a hot potato.... and the factis i liked that jersey... the scowling king and the swoosh were innovative... wouldnt want them to wear them every day like the senators but they were a welcome break...

As an alternate, i didn't mind the Ottawa swoosh. Third Jerseys are suppoed to be different, and out there, so it fit. When they made it the everyday Road (now Home), it was just... the wrong move. The Ottawa Jersey Set before the swoosh was so classic and fantastic, it was simply beautiful. The fact that they dumped the black jersey completly is a crime. The White jersey is quite simply a piece of art. Their new thrid would actually be a great everyday jersey if they dumped that 3-D legionaire and used the original main crest, another underused and unappreciated Ottawa uniform piece.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived