Winnipeg Jets, Thunder Concept Logo

Phil

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If? ... WHEN.

I like how this guy talks. :D

Got a third option for the Jets logo on blue...

Winnipeg%20Jets%20Concept%20Logo%20on%20blue3.gif

White highlights

I think this one maintains the flow of the logo a bit better than the white crested one, and highlights the red better than the plain negative image. Still don't know if it's the best of the three though. Which of the three do you like best?

Thanks for the compliment on the Thunder logo, Fuse, any other comments?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

You know, to make it work, I thought you would have to completly outline the red parts in white in order to eliminate the red-blue clash. But, your white highlights actually draw the eyes away from the opposite edges of the red, having essentially the same effect as if you added a lot of white, but without changing the look.

I think this looks much better.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

It's just the right balance of new and old. Very impressive.

As for which version works best, I think the white is kinda overpowering in the "white background crest" one simply because this logo has a lot of negative space and it becomes kinda LA Clippersy. Right now, I'm liking the third option on blue one and, like everyone else, I'd be curious to see how this looks on a jersey.

:notworthy: skater20na - I didn't know you were so talented. My apologies for leaving you off the list of "par-excellance" Jersey designers. Great job!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

:notworthy: skater20na - I didn't know you were so talented.  My apologies for leaving you off the list of "par-excellance" Jersey designers.  Great job!!!

:therock: He pasted the logo on a Jets template... not saying it's nice, and I'm also not saying skater isn't talented, but I wouldn't think it takes too much talent to do that.

That being said, nice work skater, you saved me the hassle. B)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

He pasted the logo on a Jets template... not saying it's nice, and I'm also not saying skater isn't talented, but I wouldn't think it takes too much talent to do that.

I agree SyPhi-I wasn't sure if it was a template or an actual design. Not taking away from skater20na, you did a nice job, I wanted to recognize his efforts. I have seen many "concepts" BUTCHERED by a few of our 'posters' - it may be a simple job for some or they just don't have the tools (programs) to do it right.

Nice work everyone - especially you SyPhi, your one of my heros here @ CC.

By the way - I know this goes in the request forum, but while I'm here - if you ever get bored, can you re-design the KC Scouts Logo for my IHL team? :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Say, that's not a bad idea.

SyPhi, I think you hit upon something.

You could give a lot of teams a b*tchin' new logo!

Like Kansas City, Hartford (as much as I love the whaletale), etc.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Jets--the white background works a lot better for the blue jersey---it's so much clearer and easier to see.

Thunder--I like it--although how many polar Bears are there in Winterpeg, really?

:D

Any way I think Denver should add the silver too--it makes a huge improvement--their colour scheme is one of my least favorite in all pro sports--but the silver makes it work!

(and they'll look good losing to the....oh you know the rest!)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Great logo, SyPhi. All i gotta say though, is...you suck. :D I was working on a sketch, and it was for my NABA team (in case no one takes a stab at my request) AND it was featuring a Polar Bear.

Still, though, great logo. Fast fact for you, in case of action shots for your mascot. Polar Bears are left-handed.

[AD - NCFA] Arctic University Kodiaks (5-1-0, CONF 0-0-0)

[Owner - NABA] Arctic Menace (18-12)

Copying JQK and CC

Minneapolis.gif

VP.jpg

Thunder--I like it--although how many polar Bears are there in Winterpeg, really?

:D

Not many, but the original Winnipeg Thunder logo (found below, which heavily influenced my design direction, hence my calling it a "salute" to the old Thunder) had a polar bear in it... and Churchill (northern Manitoba) is the Polar Bear capital of the world (or is it just Canada?... I think it's the world).

Anywho, the original Thunder logo...

WinnipegThunder.GIF

Winnipeg Thunder logo, courtesy Logoserver

Roger, your idea is a good one, although if we were going to go more traditional, I'd almost prefer the last Jets' jersey. Of course, if I have the time in the next month or so, I may post an idea for if the Jets were not to go traditional.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived