The Race for 0-16.

BrySmalls

Other then Sanchez and Stafford were there any franchise QBs in this years draft.

Next year looks like a big year with

Braddford, Tebow, McCoy, and maybe more

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except that neither McCoy or Tebow "project" to first (or second) round NFL picks, but I agree with your point from last year. The Rams would still be 0-for the season with Dirty Sanchez under center throwing picks at a Favrian rate.

As for the Panthers, who would they have taken? They didn't have a first round pick and there was a precipitous drop after Josh Freeman (and he was a questionable 1st rounder anyway). Know who was taken in the 2nd this year? Pat White. That's it and he was the only other QB taken in the top 100! You think Carolina would want Pat White to be their starting QB?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Good points.

I was just reading an Adam Schefter article pointing out that in the past 4 years, the Rams traded the 11th overall pick that became Jay Cutler, bypassed Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco for Chris Long and Mark Sanchez for Jason Smith. To me they were just putting way too much faith in Bulger.

I don't think the Rams have any regrets about not drafting a QB last year.

They MIGHT regret not taking Ryan or Cutler prior to that.

However, I think the regret is less about not having the QB and more about the picks they did make. They have not drafted well for a very long time, although this most recent draft looks to be going alright. Jason Smith has been hurt and not yet a star, but I really do think he'll fill big Orlando Pace's shoes as a franchise tackle. Laurenitis has been great. And up until tearing his ACL, Bradley Fletcher looked like a great 3rd round pick.

The QB needs to come this year so we can begin to tool our offense around him (well, still around SJ, but also to the QBs strengths).

The two teams that I thought for sure would draft a franchise QB in the '09 draft, the Rams and Panthers, sure must be regretting it now.

TEH GL0R10US FR4NCH1$3 QB!!!!!!!!!!!1111111one would have been struggling mightily this year for the Rams. The Rams' supporting cast on offense is such that ANY rookie QB would flat out suck on the field, and probably only ruin himself as a potential NFL star.

By the same token, I pray to God that the Rams do something with their first rounder this year besides drafting one of Tebow, Bradford, McCoy, Clausen, Pike, or Locker.

Know this-Flacco, Ryan, (and to a lesser extent Sanchez), are successful because of the talented supporting casts they have to work with. For the most part they simply need to "manage" the game. Not single-handedly win it. A rookie QB for the Rams would be placed in the "need to single-handedly win games" position all season.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Good points.

I was just reading an Adam Schefter article pointing out that in the past 4 years, the Rams traded the 11th overall pick that became Jay Cutler, bypassed Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco for Chris Long and Mark Sanchez for Jason Smith. To me they were just putting way too much faith in Bulger.

Bulger had statistically one of his best years and went to the Pro Bowl the season after they passed on Cutler.

The defensive line was a horrific charnel house of suck and Ram defenders were making a weekly go of getting run over by opposing running backs. Chris Long went a "long" way to correcting that.

Ram QBs since...well the early 2000s really could best be described as human pinatas. In such a situation it seems advisable to grab a good OT early n'est-ce pas?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Good points.

Bulger had statistically one of his best years and went to the Pro Bowl the season after they passed on Cutler.

The defensive line was a horrific charnel house of suck and Ram defenders were making a weekly go of getting run over by opposing running backs. Chris Long went a "long" way to correcting that.

Ram QBs since...well the early 2000s really could best be described as human pinatas. In such a situation it seems advisable to grab a good OT early n'est-ce pas?

I am not disagreeing at all with this point. Its interesting to me that the one team to really benefit immediately from the number 1 pick recently seems to have been the Dolphins, who picked Jake Long, an OT. But I also see that, especially when there is a high quality QB available, it is very hard to pass up a guy who could be the next Manning or Elway or Marino.

Incidentally how much are the Lions injury problems at QB this year down to a weak O line??

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

So the Rams end up winning before the Titans win. Who could've seen that coming? Tennessee could get off the mark today as well, they're up 10-0 on Jacksonville during the 2nd quarter. This week could very well end with the Bucs being the only team w/o a win, only because they didn't play this week.

Here are the most winnable games for the last 3 in the race to 0.

Tampa Bay Buccs

week 10 @ Dolphins

week 13 @ Panthers

week 14 vs Jets

week 15 @ Seahawks

74-year old Vinny Testaverde would have come back and play in place of Rusty Trombone Dirty Sanchez for Tampa to have any chance of beating the Jets.

Well after starting 3-0, the Jets are on a real slide now. I think that the Bucs, with a tough upcoming schedule, might well be looking at that as the most likely win.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Other then Sanchez and Stafford were there any franchise QBs in this years draft.

If by potential franchise QB you mean a bigger Danny Weurfel who can run a little then yeah, Tebow is in the discussion. Tebow's best shot at an NFL career would be a move to tight end or fullback or something.

BB52Big.jpg

Except that neither McCoy or Tebow "project" to first (or second) round NFL picks

I do like Tebow, but I don't think he's going to find success in the NFL. At least not at Quaterback. He relys too much on the run. He'll make a good wildcat QB or maybe TE, I just can't see him as an everydown QB.

There do appear to be some good QBs though. I've always like Colt McCoy. Bradford may be able to be obtained at a bargain because of his injury(similar to another Oklahoma player, Adrian Peterson). Also Jevan Snead from Ole Miss looks like a good prospect.

If by potential franchise QB you mean a bigger Danny Weurfel who can run a little then yeah, Tebow is in the discussion. Tebow's best shot at an NFL career would be a move to tight end of fullback or something.

To piggyback off that, Bradford now has that impending shoulder surgery coming up...and the questions will continue to linger. The last Oklahoma QB who had "injury concerns", who also by the way also won the Heisman if memory serves me right, didn't even get drafted (that'd be Knees McGrady a.k.a. Jason White). The guy before him, Josh Heupel, who by the way also had shoulder issues, didn't exactly pan out in the League, either. All of which begs this question:

Who was the last Oklahoma QB who did anything in the NFL?

Don't worry I'll wait...

...and while we're waiting, I agree with the last two posters...I don't see Tebow as a regular at QB in the NFL, either.

Back to the point of this thread...as I look at the Bucs' remaining schedule, this is what I see: Pack next week, at Miami, Saints, AT Falcons, AT Panthers (that division gauntlet alone is going to be painful to watch), Gang Green, then at Seattle (and historically, the Bucs don't travel well that late in the season, especially to the west side), at NO, then the finisher at home vs the Falcons. Out of that, I see two halfway winnable games, that being at the Panthers (depending on which Jake Delhomme shows up), and maybe the Jets if they continue on their current glide path.

Stay tuned...Winless Watch '09 continues down in Tampa.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Except that neither McCoy or Tebow "project" to first (or second) round NFL picks

I do like Tebow, but I don't think he's going to find success in the NFL. At least not at Quaterback. He relys too much on the run. He'll make a good wildcat QB or maybe TE, I just can't see him as an everydown QB.

There do appear to be some good QBs though. I've always like Colt McCoy. Bradford may be able to be obtained at a bargain because of his injury(similar to another Oklahoma player, Adrian Peterson). Also Jevan Snead from Ole Miss looks like a good prospect.

Not lately. :P

According to the "experts" and scouts, juniors Jake Locker and Jimmy Clausen now rank right up there with Sam Bradford. McCoy, Tebow, Snead, and Tony Pike are that next tier. It will be really interesting to see where everyone ends up. System is going to matter so much for all of these guys.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

This is the point I have been trying to make on Rams message boards for the last 6 months.

Today, we are all otaku.

This is the point I have been trying to make on Rams message boards for the last 6 months.

Does Troy Aikman count? :P

Does Troy Aikman count? :P

Saw that one coming as soon as I hit "Add Reply"... :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived