MLB Playoff Predictions (World Series)

NJTank

To further explain my actual opinion, 5 game series up to and including the LCS's, then a 7 game series for the World Series, one of the issues I have with American sports playoffs sometimes is that they can go on for an enternity. Do you really need 7 games all the time to decide a series? Surely 5 games will give you a good and accurate sense of which team is better? Keep 7 games for the World Series, for the sake of history and tradition, but otherwise shorten each series.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The LCS, at most, takes 9 days to complete. That's not much of a difference from the NFL's format.

Besides, playoff games are extra-revenue games. The owners and the league aren't going to give up the big money from gate receipts, television, etc. to shorten the series.

I'm glad someone is thinking about the economics of it all.

It's all fine and good to try to change stuff, but it's ALL about the money.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

MLB and the NFL's playoffs are within a reasonable time, about a month. It could be shortened, but the LCS should remain at 7 games. It's the NBA and NHL that are ridiculous. 4 rounds of best-of-7? For sports that require at least a day off in between games? That's why they take over 2 months and are tiring to follow. They should each go to best-of-5 in the first 2 rounds and then 7 games for the Conference and League Championships.

I have a feeling that Sabathia going on short rest against a much more plate-disciplined Angel lineup will be New Yawk's downfall.

But, the real question is who is Andre Either? Are there two Andres on the club, and either one will win MVP?

VmWIn6B.png

Sabathia will start on short rest in Game 4 only due to an extra day off between Games 4 and 5 he will be on regular rest for Game 7 is needed.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• 2 weeks later...

Phillies in seven. I see the a split in the Bronx, 2 out of 3 for the Phillies at CBP, and then a small Yankee resurgence followed by a Phillie victory.

This. Though I can easily see this series ending in five or six if things fall right.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived