Atlanta Thrashers Alt. Concept

IceCap

i really like the thrashers alt., but i wounderd what the alt. would look like if it were a little bit more consistant with their hom and road jerseys.

here it is

http://www.geocities.com/icecap79/atlanta.JPG

comments are welcome

I think your concept has ignored the most popular critique of the Thrashers current alternate, which is that it kind of looks unfinished. The fact that the dark blue is use on only one side of the jersey gives a lot of people the feeling that the jersey was a homework assignment that someone forgot to finish. I like your concept in the sense that it's more like the home and away jerseys, but I think the project looks weird with that one-sleeve thing going on.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I love the one sleeve element of the alternate, but I don't like how this looks with the home/road striping, I think it draws more attention to the "only one sleeve" thing. I think if anything, the element from the home and road jerseys they should put on the alternate is the awesome striped collar.

thanks for the comments.

Shmee2k6- i tried to get that "not finished" look to it, but i just couldnt get it to work.

Chazberg- i didnt use the current home and road collar because i hate them :D however i agree that the tie down needs to go.

Best third ever?

No, seriously?

Ugh. Were it not for those first alternates, the Kings' and Ducks', I'd say it was the worst ever.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Everytime I see the Thrashers' thirds I hate them more and more. They are extremely unbalanced, and the fact that the sleeve just ends under the collar looks extremely lazy. The sleeve striping looks like a ripoff of the Blue Jackets alternate. And the yellow logo and letters seems to match at all with the rest of the jersey.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The sleeve striping looks like a ripoff of the Blue Jackets alternate.

Why does everyone say this? Did the blue Jackets alt. even come out first? Even if it did it couldn't have been more then a month before Atlanta's. I don't think you can say one is a ripoff of the other. As for the lace-up collar, I have kind of grown to tolerate them on the alternates, but I still think Atlanta's would look much better with the home/road collar. And RC, I disagree about the yellow looking out of place, because in addition to the numbers/name and "Atlanta" script, it's also in the bottom striping as well as the patch on the shoulder, which I think help to create a good balance. But I know we could all argue about this for hours; the simple fact is some of us love this jersey and some of us despise it.

Ugh.  Were it not for those first alternates, the Kings' and Ducks', I'd say it was the worst ever.

Agreed.

In the words of Samir Nagheenanajar, "It is a hhhorrible idea".

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I must say, I really am a fan of the Thrashers 3rd jersey. It is unique and creative. I think it works. It's pretty neat you must admit. Thats what the thirds are for, to try something new! (and probably to just sell more jerseys but hey). I like the actual third more than the concept though. Good try!

Vice President of the Atlanta Third Jersey Fan Club, paynomind, calling this meeting to order.

Lets recite the Pledge:

Our Atlanta Thrashers,

who art in Philips Arena,

are our favorite team.

Their third jersey,

with awesome light blue,

and cool one-sleve striping look,

is awesome.

Infact,

of all jerseys ever,

they are the best third jersey,

that the world has ever known.

Amen.

Now, I put up for vote, that all those opposed to the Thrasher's Third are hereby our sworn mortal enemies, and that they are blind.

All those in favor?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

:puke: The Thrashers third jersey is by far the most awkward thing ever produced for mass consumption by a hockey fan. I'd rather buy one of these things than a Thrashers alternate jersey.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Archived